Resolved Constant crashes in battles after player dies

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.10
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
This happened 3 times in a row. I was each time in a Khuzait army going up against a Sturgian army. The sturgian army was about 750 men strong, and the khuzait was either 400 or 1400. The game crashed shortly each time after I died even when I wasnt fast forwarding. My PC isnt the problem, its a powerful one. Also, this only happened in my 3rd and newest khuzait playthrough. It worked fine in my previous 2 battanian ones, I have some mods installed, but none of them affect battles. As for cheats, I only teleported around the map to make the "Talk to 10 lords quest" less unbearable. But the cheats or the mods arent the problem, becasue, again, I used them in my previous playthroughs and they worked fine. The problem is, that this game is about as stable as a drunken toddler with balancing issues.

Only solution I have is to git gud and not die lol

This happened 3 times in a row. I was each time in a Khuzait army going up against a Sturgian army. The sturgian army was about 750 men strong, and the khuzait was either 400 or 1400. The game crashed shortly each time after I died even when I wasnt fast forwarding. My PC isnt the problem, its a powerful one. Also, this only happened in my 3rd and newest khuzait playthrough. It worked fine in my previous 2 battanian ones, I have some mods installed, but none of them affect battles. As for cheats, I only teleported around the map to make the "Talk to 10 lords quest" less unbearable. But the cheats or the mods arent the problem, becasue, again, I used them in my previous playthroughs and they worked fine. The problem is, that this game is about as stable as a drunken toddler with balancing issues.

Only solution I have is to git gud and not die lol
Hello! Have you tried disabling modifications? Please note that TW can’t support any modding-related issues. If you continue to have crashes after removing mods, try the tips below.

Use the crash uploader tool. If you can upload your crash to us developers can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that they can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
You can also checked out these threads about Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds.

Please note that the developer team will be on leave until 26th of July. All technical support tickets will be handled when they back in action. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:
Hello! Have you tried disabling modifications? Please note that TW can’t support any modding-related issues. If you continue to have crashes after removing mods, try the tips below.

Use the crash uploader tool. If you can upload your crash to us developers can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that they can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
You can also checked out these threads about Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds.
It was super weird, since I had absolutely no crashes since then even though I got two new mods, one of which breaks the launcher (visually, nothing serious). It was just that single battle. I guess the problem may have benn some background event going on maybe pregnancy or marriage, or maybe the problem was the number of soldiers.

Anyways, everything is alright now.

It was super weird, since I had absolutely no crashes since then even though I got two new mods, one of which breaks the launcher (visually, nothing serious). It was just that single battle. I guess the problem may have benn some background event going on maybe pregnancy or marriage, or maybe the problem was the number of soldiers.

Anyways, everything is alright now.

I am glad that now everything works for you :xf-smile: ! If you have problems again, write to this topic.

I am glad that now everything works for you :xf-smile: ! If you have problems again, write to this topic.
I found out what causes crashes for me: too many Chrome tabs

I switched to Edge while playing, and there are significantly less crashes.

Still, this is a strange situation, since I have a high end PC and played many other games with similar or higher system requirements, yet none crashed due to chrome. However, calculating huge battles, 1000 soldiers and horses especially since I have a huge khuzait cavalry, may skyrocket the system usage. I read it on Reddit, that if the CPU usage hits 100 for even a moment, the game instantly crashes. This is a problem, because of how the soldiers spawn in waves, which can probably easily bump up CPU usage just enough for a moment to hit 100 and therefore crash.

This is just a theory based on my experiences, so I have no technical proof for any of this.

I found out what causes crashes for me: too many Chrome tabs

I switched to Edge while playing, and there are significantly less crashes.

Still, this is a strange situation, since I have a high end PC and played many other games with similar or higher system requirements, yet none crashed due to chrome. However, calculating huge battles, 1000 soldiers and horses especially since I have a huge khuzait cavalry, may skyrocket the system usage. I read it on Reddit, that if the CPU usage hits 100 for even a moment, the game instantly crashes. This is a problem, because of how the soldiers spawn in waves, which can probably easily bump up CPU usage just enough for a moment to hit 100 and therefore crash.

This is just a theory based on my experiences, so I have no technical proof for any of this.
I have a weak computer and my processor can often be 100% loaded due to the large number of units on the battlefield, but there are no sorties:xf-smile: And the fact that Google chrome consumes many RAM is true.

Back
Top Bottom