Euro 2020 Game

Users who are viewing this thread

And in the mean-time Belgium just confirmed they are to be feared amongst all teams. Smashing Russia in the first half... Imagine how they will play with de Bruyne on the pitch:xf-oops:

It seems Slovakia is remained to @cyberonn. It's strange Slovakia's total player value is 131M Euro and they are more valueable than 4-5 other teams but they are not chosed.

Thanks for selecting all teams in time. Now after each round (last 16 - last 8 - last 4 - last 2) I will publish a score table here. There are nothing to do more for participants.

It seems Slovakia is remained to @cyberonn. It's strange Slovakia's total player value is 131M Euro and they are more valueable than 4-5 other teams but they are not chosed.

Thanks for selecting all teams in time. Now after each round (last 16 - last 8 - last 4 - last 2) I will publish a score table here. There are nothing to do more for participants.
Because they are Slovakia :grin: and unlucky. Good luck then.

It's strange Slovakia's total player value is 131M Euro and they are more valueable than 4-5 other teams but they are not chosed.
I just check it out from transfermarkt and you're right. Slovakia' total player values is 131M Euro. However, Milan Skriniar's value is 60M Euro. An average player value is around 3-4M Euro. Even Marek Hamsik is 3M Euro. So, I guess Milan Skriniar's real value is around 4-5M Euro but just he plays for Inter now his value increase to 55M Euro. So, I guess Slovakia's total player value is 70-80M Euro. And the generation in their hands has not been an exciting team. Don't get me wrong but in this case, it's normal not to choose them.

What is strange is you picked England. =) In every single tournament, I bet on England with my friends. I know they won't win or show a great performance. Still, I support them =/ And this is the first time I met with someone who picked England. Even my British friends support England. So, why do you support them? =)

I just check it out from transfermarkt and you're right. Slovakia' total player values is 131M Euro. However, Milan Skriniar's value is 60M Euro. An average player value is around 3-4M Euro. Even Marek Hamsik is 3M Euro. So, I guess Milan Skriniar's real value is around 4-5M Euro but just he plays for Inter now his value increase to 55M Euro. So, I guess Slovakia's total player value is 70-80M Euro. And the generation in their hands has not been an exciting team. Don't get me wrong but in this case, it's normal not to choose them.

What is strange is you picked England. =) In every single tournament, I bet on England with my friends. I know they won't win or show a great performance. Still, I support them =/ And this is the first time I met with someone who picked England. Even my British friends support England. So, why do you support them? =)

Maybe if France was not selected I could pick them but after France it seems England and Italy are next most powerfull teams. I was at middle between England and Italy but selected England. However France could not beat Hungary this shows maybe there can be a surprise in next rounds. Italy also plays so good till now. We will see what will happen.

ps. Did not want to select Germany because they were at hardest group. Possible next round rivals of England and Italy were seem weaker before tournament starts.

Last edited:
France was the firm favorite before the tournament, so it should have been a first pick for any neutral, solely by the quality of its players and recent performance in tournaments (they won WC2018 ). They didn't impress much so far, but didn't disappoint much either.
England is more of a dark horse that hopes to get to the semifinals, because there are Italy, Portugal and Belgium before them. England's problem is compounded by the conservative play of their manager and Kane's inconsistency/tiredness.
But anything can happen in tournaments, and after their last game even Germany looks better. The biggest surprise so far was Turkey, much more was expected from them.
Remember that Portugal won the 2016 Euros after coming third in their group, so surprises are expected.

Score tables of our games after first round :

We are playing same game at office also. I added it's score table too. If two participants are at same score higher select order goes up.

loyPt.png

These words aged like fine milk. Zero goals and a miss that sent France out.

These words were more like wine.
Hahahaha. If i didn't choose france, they would destroy the tournament for sure. But i am very happy to predict mbappe's performance

Is England just terminally cursed :lol: I felt bad for the last English guy. He looked so out of place and depth. I wanted to give him a cup of warm milk and a cookie :sad:

Also why doesn't everybody just do what the second English guy did. I get that the execution may not work out, but often the players are obviously not even going for it and instead trying to outsmart or outnerve the keeper. Just kick it hard in one of the upper corners, no?

You shouldn't give penalties to kids, no matter how talented they are, that's where England messed up. You give them to your mediocre, old, cold-eyed bastards who handle pressure much better.
Also why doesn't everybody just do what the second English guy did. I get that the execution may not work out, but often the players are obviously not even going for it and instead trying to outsmart or outnerve the keeper. Just kick it hard in one of the upper corners, no?
It's risky, as you may give it too much power and overshoot. The safest way to slot a penalty is low, hard and close to one of the posts, so you can be more precise (low) and the keeper doesn't have time to jump at it and catch it (hard), even if he guesses the right direction.

Last edited:
I have stumbled upon this recently:
vdpa3.jpg

The statistical distribution of where the goals were most of the time scored. Basically, the least important game aspect that may tip the balance and grant you victory.

You give them to your mediocre, old, cold-eyed bastards who handle pressure much better.
Yup, mostly agree but penalties are still a lottery. Cold-eyed bastards have also failed many times...

The bottom line for me after EURO 2020 - I hope they will completely abandon the idea of multicountry competition. First time I didn't feel anything from the tournament atmosphere.

@mexxico
Thanks for hosting the betting games, it was fun!

@RichardtheCat
Congrats mate!

Last edited:
The bottom line for me after EURO 2020 - I hope they will completely abandon the idea of multicountry competition.
It will also be the last time. Although I can imagine a few neighboring countries joining forces - like France, Belgium, The Netherlands e.g. - but never this immense logistical nightmare. And during a pandemic it's a particularly bad idea.

It will also be the last time. Although I can imagine a few neighboring countries joining forces - like France, Belgium, The Netherlands e.g. - but never this immense logistical nightmare. And during a pandemic it's a particularly bad idea.
I find it fine for neighbors. It has proven to be ok in the past and I believe it may have a positive effect in bringing people living there together ('we did something together and we are proud'). So @Adorno what is it next time "Scandinavia 2028"? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom