What does the community want?

Which one of these best applies to you at the moment?

• I play Bannerlord Multiplayer

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had dedicated servers.

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had multiplayer mods.

• I am a mod developer and am waiting for MP mods support.

• I am a mod developer and I need more SP modding support.

• I would play Bannerlord singleplayer if it were expanded further.

• I only play Bannerlord Singleplayer and am not interested in the Multiplayer experince

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Great post @Sundeki. And for the people it is directed to, it is worth noting that he did not touch at all on what went wrong with single player. A post about as long could be written on that topic, but I am lazy and I will summarize in two words: sheep textures.

If you don't know what that means, here's the hint that you probably don't know a whole lot about what went on since release, and you should spend some time informing yourself before attacking other people on things you don't really know anything about :smile:.

Nice long post, frustration is understandable for people who are rather impatient. What is not understandable is shutting down chatters who still have any hope.
My POV: A quick look at the latest patch notes shows huge progress. You dont feel the change because its mostly crash fixes or other stuff that is not that noticeable. For example, they added like 50 new scenes for SP - thats 50 maps.
I will lose hope when its still the same after 2 more years, but if that happens I wont be going around the forums redpilling people, or getting in the way of positive change in general.

Nice long post, frustration is understandable for people who are rather impatient. What is not understandable is shutting down chatters who still have any hope.
My POV: A quick look at the latest patch notes shows huge progress. You dont feel the change because its mostly crash fixes or other stuff that is not that noticeable. For example, they added like 50 new scenes for SP - thats 50 maps.
I will lose hope when its still the same after 2 more years, but if that happens I wont be going around the forums redpilling people, or getting in the way of positive change in general.
The sceners are the most productive team in Taleworlds and are an exception to the general slow pace of development.

Joining the chorus of praise to Sundeki

as for "getting in the way of positive change in general", well, that's rather silly. We can't get in the way of any changes (positive or negative) no matter how hard we try! That's why we're all so cranky in the first place!

Nice long post, frustration is understandable for people who are rather impatient.
What? Did you even read the post?

A lot of peole aren't as simple as being frustrated because "game take too long". I won't echo the millions of comments/post, its a waste of time if youndecide to cherry pick.

I just cannot believe how you generalize people who do not agree with you as "impatient".
Edit:
For example, they added like 50 new scenes for SP - thats 50 maps.
I understand you're using this as an example, but if you rewind back a month, there are multiple threads discussing how there is no reason to use these scenes. As in, the same frustrated people are praising the scenes for being astonishingly marvelous, but upset there are little mechanics that prompt visiting/interacting with them.

Soo, with that logic, the people who got their hands on the game since alpha/beta (2019) are justified in their loss of hope? Maybe, these people are on the forums to warn others to expect little based on experience?

Last edited:
What? Did you even read the post?

A lot of peole aren't as simple as being frustrated because "game take too long". I won't echo the millions of comments/post, its a waste of time if youndecide to cherry pick.

I just cannot believe how you generalize people who do not agree with you as "impatient".
I am not trying to generalize, insult or do whatever to anyone. I cant be bothered to make a 1 page essay adressing each type of person either.
How would you ungeneralize yourself as if not impatient?

9+ years of waiting is plenty of patience
I didnt buy the game 9 years ago, I wouldnt consider that waiting for something I am entitled to.

The whole Bannerlord project is so incredibly behind schedule that it's ridiculous.

Forget the type of company for a second. ANY company with a project this late... which is forecast to take twice or three times as long as it was promised, the company should be honest with its customer base and tell them why and what happened.

It's the very least paying customers deserve. I just want some kind of proper explanation.

Last edited:
I am not trying to generalize, insult or do whatever to anyone. I cant be bothered to make a 1 page essay adressing each type of person either.
How would you ungeneralize yourself as if not impatient?
Maybe, how about instead of trying to find fault with the customer, you share some of that responsibility with TW?

The first announcement of us getting the game was back in 2016. I personally do not care that it was not released then because that implied 5y of more developement. Instead, 6y later, we have this...

Great post by Sundeki, with the assist by MadVader.

Aside from that, think this thread has reached its peak. I'll just say one more thing before I leave the topic: should've been a bit more truthful in my initial post. I lied about liking only SP. If there was an option for "I want both modes to be expanded upon, and have full mod support" I'd pick it. But that's a 2024 kind of expectation.

Right now the MP mode is poop, with the servers being either dead or crashing, so I am stuck playing SP and breaking the game as much as I can with mods, really the most entertaining thing right now. Though, perhaps it is time to just give Full Invasion 2 another go.

The first announcement of us getting the game was back in 2016. I personally do not care that it was not released then because that implied 5y of more developement. Instead, 6y later, we have this...
To clarify for anyone reading, 2016 was the first "Game will be released" announcement. The announcement of the game itself came in 2012.

Great post by Sundeki, with the assist by MadVader.

Aside from that, think this thread has reached its peak. I'll just say one more thing before I leave the topic: should've been a bit more truthful in my initial post. I lied about liking only SP. If there was an option for "I want both modes to be expanded upon, and have full mod support" I'd pick it. But that's a 2024 kind of expectation.

Right now the MP mode is poop, with the servers being either dead or crashing, so I am stuck playing SP and breaking the game as much as I can with mods, really the most entertaining thing right now. Though, perhaps it is time to just give Full Invasion 2 another go.
I'm on the same page as you are here about MP. I absolutely loved it in Warband. I remember all the scenarios and just the freedom it gave everyone. Also, as a callback to a post I've made about a year and a half ago when classes were announced - NW had them too. It did not really become a gamebreaking experience as it is in BL because it was remedied by the other factors, for example, the sheer AMOUNT of classes and subclasses and better game modes. The memories of Tropical Paradise, Bot survivals and sieges war very good. Not as grand as Nord Invasion, Full Invasion, CRPG, Mercenaries, Persistent World as so on, but it was still fun and fullfilling.

I am still so thoroughly disappointed by SP that I wont write a comment on that

exactly what I have been saying for months, communication is near zero in most aspects. And in one post a dev said they "Would work" with the community, that is a joke. I have a list of 50 different ideas to try and help the game and to this day I think one ideas was implemented but may not be because of my suggestion and I got 1 adjustment made to the economy. 50 suggestions, 1 year and maybe 2 changes. It makes you feel like your voice doesn't matter, why would TW expect people to care when they feel like their words aren't cared for by you.
I have been on forums less and less as time has gone on as I finally realized that my voice doesn't count to why put so much time and effort into something that is hopeless. It's sad as I generally care and love the game but we just have to wait for it to get finished so modders can finish what TW is unable to accomplish........just like Warband

People of Earth and New Jersey, I just thought of an interesting social experiment. Post without using the words you, your, you're, everybody, or everyone.
your proposal has been rejected by everyone :wink:

Last edited:
your proposal has been rejected by everyone :wink:
I never proposed that it should actually be done. I was just sharing an idea of mine. Another one which although I didn't think of, I'll still take credit for, why didn't the ministry just send an owl to Sirius Black and follow it. Owls never have trouble finding the person they're delivering to. It would have led them right to him.

Back
Top Bottom