In Progress 'Under Siege' icon stays above castle after siege is over

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I was a lord of Vlandia and owner of Talivel castle. The castle was under assault by Battania. I came with a relief army and moved in to help. Got a message asking me if I wanted to assist the garrison or something like that, I said yes and we fought a field battle. My side won and the siege was lifted. However, the white 'catapult icon' that indicates the castle is under siege remained, as well as the sounds that occur during a siege. The war between Vlandia and Battania has ended, but the icon remains over the castle.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
GPU Driver Version: 27,21.14.6079
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: 32 gigs
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 Pro 2TB

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I had the same thing happen again. What I have discovered is that if I save the game and exit and then relaunch the game, the 'catapult' icon will go away.

This has been an issue for at least 8-10 months. I believe its consistent, pretty much always happening. No offense, Marda, because you are generally quite helpful, but the devs should be able to recreate this with any game save they already have that is at least a year or 2 into the game. The one thing that happens that pretty much keep s me from responding to false alarms is the white dot thing will not be in place if there isn't an active siege going on there (unless, I suppose, you have an actual quest there).

This has been an issue for at least 8-10 months. I believe its consistent, pretty much always happening. No offense, Marda, because you are generally quite helpful, but the devs should be able to recreate this with any game save they already have that is at least a year or 2 into the game. The one thing that happens that pretty much keep s me from responding to false alarms is the white dot thing will not be in place if there isn't an active siege going on there (unless, I suppose, you have an actual quest there).
This.

The fix is generally to save and exit the game, then load it in again (to the op)

That will "refresh" the things like siege icon + looted villages which are burning but have since recovered etc.

its a graphical issue/bug though, but again its something they surley must be aware of by now.

Marda, its a regular thing and pretty consistent. If you defend a siege and win the 'under siege' icon stays there until you leave the game and come back in. If the Devs ever tried the game they could recreate it fast, easily, and consistently. I can send you a save tonight when I play again, but when they load it up they won't see the issue. You need to defend a siege (& win) AFTER loading it up. I realise you are asking for a save because the Devs are telling you they need one, but they already have thousands of saves they can recreate this on.

I have to add, from experience, that you have to defend a siege in field battle where garrison joins you. Don't remember this happening after a proper siege defence.

I tried attacking with 500 to their 650 & they ran before I could engage them. I sent that save. I tried to wait until they had engaged the castle, but they still disengaged and ran before I could engage them. I think if the Devs drop one or two of the lords I have with me (but still keep enough to win the battle) they may be able to engage without the cowards running.

Back
Top Bottom