Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

TheGreatAIA

Recruit
Summary: Ever since the new update whenever I am defending a settlement/castle against a siege once the enemy retreats the entire attacking army surrenders. I’ve seen an army of 2000 soldiers remaining after the first wave all surrender and become prisoners.
*I do have the waves set to unlimited and had not changed any settings only difference is before update it did not happen. Have heard of many others with the issue.
P.s. other than that love the update good work!
How to Reproduce: Defend a fief and survive the first wave.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Console: PS5

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Sure thing, just let me know and I can get those to y’all. Also correction the version is 1.2.9
Dude...
No...don't do this!
This surrender after heavy casualties needs to stay,TRUST ME on this one!
These "developers" will break it,make it worse.

I thought it's supposed like this because for 1 entire year winning a siege battle left you with 0 loot and only renown/morale and no prisoners.
As of right now,it's so much better with the army that can escape and lords that didn't get knocked retreat back while the defeated get taken as prisoners.
If all Lords have been taken prisoners the remaining soldiers that retreated dissapear as there are no parties or armies to go back to!

I destroyed their siege engines so they retreated and they took 165 casualties and an army of 1500 surrendered. That makes no sense plus lords usually are at the front lines so ofc they are gonna die/ be wounded. A retreat is not the same thing as surrender.

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Any update on this?

I’ve had this happen too, the army would stay and keep besieging the settlement after they lose the first wave before the latest patch. But now they all surrender after the first wave.

I have experienced this same problem on 1.2.9. 1st I am not sure if it is intended to work like this, but nevertheless it is a horrible game mechanic. Recently I killed ~ 70 attackers and 780 surrendered after they retreated.

It does not happen every time in siege I believe it has to follow this sequence
*break into castle under siege
*defend the first wave

the next part is not really up to you it depends on how accurate your AI controlled catapults are.

*once catapults have destroyed all siege towers and the battering ram the enemy will use ladders to attack the castle
(if the siege engines are not destroyed the attack will continue for a number of waves until successful or defeated)
*after defeating the 1st wave of enemies attacking via ladder the enemy will retreat and the whole attacking force will surrender

I am not sure but come to think of it I don't think since 1.2.9 I have experienced a siege battle that lasted more than one phase, before 1.2.xx you'd defeat a full fledged attack then the army would regroup and attack again. Now either the enemy flees after having its siege engines destroyed or they attack for a number of waves then surrender or its possible the player character is defeated. No more multi phased attacks equals boring game mechanics.

Dont mean to hijack thread but I dont want to start a new one since this already exists.

Back
Top Bottom