Prison breaks are AWFUL

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Howdy, everyone!

Took a break from the game for 3 months, because there were no sufficient changes made. Came back to see what the game looks like ATM and test some new stuff the devs added throughout that time (not much, as I see).

But what I wanted to say is that the new prison break feature is AWFUL from the beginning to its very end. Firstly, it can't be triggered through the town scene - only through the world map menu (well, this one is more like personal thing, I guess, the majority players don't care about it).

Secondly, unlike Warband, you have to fight through the dungeon with the crappy civilian gear. (Ok, some may find it "Realistic", but it pisses me off while I'm getting pwnd with one hit!).

Thirdly, and this is the major thing - whose idea was to make the STUPID AI fight beside you?? They are always rushing like madmen into a bunch of heavy geared and high-tier guards and they getting knocked out in, probably 99,9% of all cases!!! Considering the fact that they are wearing a civilian outfit and they are armed with some dumb low-tier hammer, they die very fast. I was trying to get out a lady from Battanian prison, but I've given up the idea, because the Falxmen knocked her out with ONE HIT and she rushed into them and gave me no space - they clashed in the doorways, so I couldn't even help her, I was forced to stay behind her and wait until she get killed.

Devs, you need to revise that, you need to AT LEAST give us the opportunity to tell them to stay out of fight, just like we could do it in Warband (and I always told them to stay, because they stupidly rushed into the guards in WB as well).

Whoever thought that prison breaks are good as they are now, should be punished by forcing that man into playing prison breaks for a few days 24/7.

And the permanent wounded bug from failing a prison break in a neutral fief are still in it in both 1.5.9 and 1.5.10.
In 1.5.10 it stops showing on the main UI bar after awhile so you may think it went away...... put open your party screen and see you still have phantom's taking space in your party!

My fun video in case anybody has problem with it wounded count.

But I agree, they need to option to make the NPC stay back and either fine tune what troops you have to fight OR change it to a warband style where you fight in the courtyard with battle loadout!

Yeah but why have an incentive to use scenes and interact with characters if instead you could go through the THRILLING experience of a menu-based dice roll. I cant even fathom how i could defend the devs when this game came out.

Howdy, everyone!

Took a break from the game for 3 months, because there were no sufficient changes made. Came back to see what the game looks like ATM and test some new stuff the devs added throughout that time (not much, as I see).

But what I wanted to say is that the new prison break feature is AWFUL from the beginning to its very end. Firstly, it can't be triggered through the town scene - only through the world map menu (well, this one is more like personal thing, I guess, the majority players don't care about it).

Secondly, unlike Warband, you have to fight through the dungeon with the crappy civilian gear. (Ok, some may find it "Realistic", but it pisses me off while I'm getting pwnd with one hit!).

Thirdly, and this is the major thing - whose idea was to make the STUPID AI fight beside you?? They are always rushing like madmen into a bunch of heavy geared and high-tier guards and they getting knocked out in, probably 99,9% of all cases!!! Considering the fact that they are wearing a civilian outfit and they are armed with some dumb low-tier hammer, they die very fast. I was trying to get out a lady from Battanian prison, but I've given up the idea, because the Falxmen knocked her out with ONE HIT and she rushed into them and gave me no space - they clashed in the doorways, so I couldn't even help her, I was forced to stay behind her and wait until she get killed.

Devs, you need to revise that, you need to AT LEAST give us the opportunity to tell them to stay out of fight, just like we could do it in Warband (and I always told them to stay, because they stupidly rushed into the guards in WB as well).

Whoever thought that prison breaks are good as they are now, should be punished by forcing that man into playing prison breaks for a few days 24/7.

Once you get habituated, it is really not hard at all to complete it (duelist perk is really useful for prison breaks). On the other hand, this feature has been really bad implemented. There is not much reward aside from leveling up roguery, and you even have to lose money to rescue other people... Seriously, it makes not sense the way it has been implemented.

I really miss the way it works in Warband: much longer wars and lords get imprisoned for longer time and family members ask you for rescuing prisoners and pay you for that.

Bannerlord implementation for prison breaks is pure garbage. Sorry but I cannot find another way to describe it.

Part of the fun in Warband prison breaks was fleeing through the town/castle. I mean, it's not like enough reasons exist already to visit these scenes in Bannerlord (yet another missed opportunity to use them). All they had to do was a copy/paste of Warband and flesh it a out a little. Instead, what we have is nothing short of a failed and bland attempt at trying something different.

Part of the fun in Warband prison breaks was fleeing through the town/castle. I mean, it's not like enough reasons exist already to visit these scenes in Bannerlord (yet another missed opportunity to use them). All they had to do was a copy/paste of Warband and flesh it a out a little. Instead, what we have is nothing short of a failed and bland attempt at trying something different.
Yep, I agree 100%. The idea that they have these scenes and are still not utilizing them when given a perfect chance is baffling. It's a clown show.

Totally agreed. Fleeing through town was much more fun than teleporting with the text message "You have escaped and no one understood yet what has happened in the dungeon".

And by the way, why don't we have an option to flee back if we're recognized when trying to infiltrate a town? Why there's only one option - surrender? It turns infiltrating into a savescum parade.

Devs, please, when (or should I say "If"?) you implemented feasts, don't make them a simple text message "You enjoy the meals and talk to other members of the feasts".

I checked that prison break feature and im disappointed.

As Lesbosisles said, there is no option to start from city scene - WHY?
There is no option to release all prisoners at once - WHY?
There is no option to bribe some guards to reduce their number (something like "I found this purse I think it's yours so you can get break and go to tavern")
All guards are alarmed when you get close to them you can't attack them form behind or suprise them other way
There is no fleeing/sneaking through town

I checked that prison break feature and im disappointed.

As Lesbosisles said, there is no option to start from city scene - WHY?
There is no option to release all prisoners at once - WHY?
There is no option to bribe some guards to reduce their number (something like "I found this purse I think it's yours so you can get break and go to tavern")
All guards are alarmed when you get close to them you can't attack them form behind or suprise them other way
There is no fleeing/sneaking through town
TWs is doing the bare minimum, show them with your wallet what this looks like on the customer side. Unless they add substantial content (something akin to Viking Conquest re forged) I am boycotting their products.

Last edited:
And why do I still have to fight them if I've already bribed them? Prison break and rebellions are just poorly thought out features. It's all kind of half baked.

It would be nice if they came out and said something about it like yea we know it's half baked but it'll be improved incrementally and here's the roadmap in case you're wondering.

And why do I still have to fight them if I've already bribed them? Prison break and rebellions are just poorly thought out features. It's all kind of half baked.

It would be nice if they came out and said something about it like yea we know it's half baked but it'll be improved incrementally and here's the roadmap in case you're wondering.
As I said in another thread, they are doing the least amount work possible, not sure why the tops in this company are giving orders for this crap, it's pathetic work.

This is on the to-do list.
And the permanent wounded bug from failing a prison break in a neutral fief are still in it in both 1.5.9 and 1.5.10.
So is this.

So is this.

So there's a road map? It would be nice if we have a sense of where it's going so we can provide feedback.

We are on your side. It may not seem like it sometimes but that's the nature of it. Heck, we want this game to be the best game ever.

It would be nice if sneaking into the town was more rpg like. So we can use the crouch action...and climb walls and assassinate guards etc.

So is this.
I glad to here it, especially being able to have some control over the prisoner.
I wana say though that *In 1.5.10 it stops showing on the main UI bar after awhile so you may think it went away...... put open your party screen and see you still have phantom's taking space in your party!* is a newer thing I found, I did send a message about it to MArdA TaleWorlds too, I didn't make new topic but I just make sure that gets passed along.

So is this.
Alright, thank you for letting us know. Maybe you could share any hints on how does the team plan to adjust the mechanic, if it is not classified info, of course?
And by the way, are there any possibility, by any chance, to add a related quest when a lord or a lady ask you to rescue their relative? That would've made sense even if you're neutral actually, since you won't have to disguise yourself.

Back
Top Bottom