TALEWORLDS, LISTEN TO ME. WATCH MY EYES, DON'T LOOK AWAY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
There are TWO fixes you need for next patch. If it's the only two you make the community would still be happy.

FIX THE GOD DAMN SIEGE TOWER AI

FIX THE GOD DAMN WALK BUG IN CAPTAIN MP

You will make both the SP and MP communities happy with JUST THOSE FUNDAMENTAL FIXES. PLEASE JESUS GOD PLEASE.

Also side note which you are hopefully already working on... your matchmaker isn't working.

A hotfix for the bandit issue would be nice too, not gonna lie.
I just want them to go back to square 1 and start fixing fundamental problems. EVERYBODY who plays SP experiences the siege tower AI, and EVERYBODY who plays captain in MP experiences the walk glitch.

These should have been day 1 issues that were fixed already but they develop like chickens with their heads cut off. This bandit issue looks like a glitch that happens way way late in a game... I'm almost 40 years into a campaign and I haven't seen it. I have seen the horrible siege tower AI repeatedly.... and so has everyone else. This needs to be fixed. Why do they chase down rare bugs as opposed to fundamental game breaking problems that have been there since day 1?

would be nice if we ever got a fix for these bugs since the start of early access
They need to create a priority criteria list for bugs.

1. How many people will experience this issue

2. How game breaking is it

3. How complicated is the fix

If there is an issue that EVERYBODY who plays the game WILL experience, and it ruins an important aspect of the game such as sieges, they need to straight up drop everything and fix it immediately. There is zero excuse for siege tower/ladder AI still being the way it is. I swear to god man every patch has all these weird little changes and fixes for rare bugs that nobody will even notice.. I get that not everyone is an AI programmer, but damn dude they need to hire some more people if the programmers they have now can't handle the load.

I have seen the siege tower AI code and its a mess, thats why they dont fix it. They would have to fight their own system and would have to probably edit every map manually. If I was in their position I would at least put resized tier 1 tower (the one with the ramp that actually works) to all sieges instead of the higher tier towers until actual fix is ready.

I USE CAPS LOCK.

"My opinion is more important than any other gamer, more important than any other project deliverable"

ME! damnit ME ME ME ME!

I have seen the siege tower AI code and its a mess, thats why they dont fix it. They would have to fight their own system and would have to probably edit every map manually. If I was in their position I would at least put resized tier 1 tower (the one with the ramp that actually works) to all sieges instead of the higher tier towers until actual fix is ready.
Well then they better get going.

I've gotten so adept at just retreating my party and killing the garrison alone that I forgot all about the siege tower....... but I'm painfully aware of how armor is still skimpy of the effective protection :razz:

They need to create a priority criteria list for bugs.

1. How many people will experience this issue

2. How game breaking is it

3. How complicated is the fix

If there is an issue that EVERYBODY who plays the game WILL experience, and it ruins an important aspect of the game such as sieges, they need to straight up drop everything and fix it immediately. There is zero excuse for siege tower/ladder AI still being the way it is. I swear to god man every patch has all these weird little changes and fixes for rare bugs that nobody will even notice.. I get that not everyone is an AI programmer, but damn dude they need to hire some more people if the programmers they have now can't handle the load.
Agreed, but also issues in the beta that prevent or mask further finding of bugs need to fixed asap...so we can find even more bug :smile:
I would like to see the snowballing improvement in 1.5.8 but somehow Vlandia got absolutely wrecked by day 150, I can't prove it but I think it's millions of looter making their way to that party of the map.

Another way to fix the siege towers (this is message for any dev reading this) is by:
A: put the right and left ladder as far from the middle one as possible, not right next to it, they cause interference in AI pathfinding.
B: make 3 waiting queues per siege tower instead of one. Each queue for each ladder.
C: use the more sofisticated and better functioning code from the simple ladders for the tower ladders too (we are already doing this in RBM)
D: force the bots to always climb up no matter what, ban them from climbing down

All of these things should help with the siege tower AI (sadly most of them are out of our reach as modders).

So you think they looked at the issue already, couldn't find the solution and they will stumble upon this comment and will have a eureka moment? :smile:
Mexico might read it by accident and send it to dev that is actually responsible for siege AI. And no I dont think they looked at the issue at all (aside for increased queue distance for normal ledders in 1.5.:cool:, though they are avare of the issue to some degree since AI prefers both regular ladder and main gate over siege tower, so the devs at least know that towers suck.

Mexico might read it by accident and send it to dev that is actually responsible for siege AI. And no I dont think they looked at the issue at all (aside for increased queue distance for normal ledders in 1.5.:cool:, though they are avare of the issue to some degree since AI prefers both regular ladder and main gate over siege tower, so the devs at least know that towers suck.
He can't. He is not in that team. He can at best mention about this in design discussions but that's all. But that would be pointless because I bet the entire office is already aware of the fact that siege AI sucks. If they are not aware of it - let's drop the game immediately because it basically means they have no idea what they are doing.
If they know it - and if it's not resolved for 1 year, there are two options:
- It's just they are not "prioritizing" it properly. Taleworlds dev team is literally not giving a damn about community and issues at the moment ( some devs aside ) Which is 90% true actually. But they do check bugs and resolve them.
- Some funky **** is going on in engine side which takes a lot of time to resolve. And they are understaffed about AI team.

My bet would be on the second one - since the engine itself is extremely old and by looking at current "modern" mess on the gameplay side, it's safe to assume that they have really really really horrible codebase on C++ side.
I mean, if you can mess up fresh C# code in 4 years, I can't even imagine what you can do to C++ codebase in 12 years. And looking at their pace about how they resolve C# related gameplay issues - you can also assume that this mess is happening on somewhere really deep.

They have to fix it though. I bet console peasants can't even see the first frame in Sieges with their low computation power if they port it like this. And for PC, for release, they have to fix this anyway. So I'm pretty sure they will fix it soon. When soon? That I don't know.

- Some funky **** is going on in engine side which takes a lot of time to resolve. And they are understaffed about AI team.

My bet would be on the second one - since the engine itself is extremely old and by looking at current "modern" mess on the gameplay side, it's safe to assume that they have really really really horrible codebase on C++ side.
I mean, if you can mess up fresh C# code in 4 years, I can't even imagine what you can do to C++ codebase in 12 years. And looking at their pace about how they resolve C# related gameplay issues - you can also assume that this mess is happening on somewhere really deep.

They have to fix it though. I bet console peasants can't even see the first frame in Sieges with their low computation power if they port it like this. And for PC, for release, they have to fix this anyway. So I'm pretty sure they will fix it soon. When soon? That I don't know.
I imagine that there are a few other variables to throw into the mix on top of this kind of situation. Firstly there's Covid, and being unable to meet in groups as per usual. Workplace troubleshooting conversations can take days rather than minutes.

Then there's budgetary pressures. I imagine that is why we're in EA in the first place. To ensure that there is reliable income to buy a small design team enough time to work through time consuming issues like this. But EA leads to another major issue - that they have to have a functioning game, and that they now have to deal with a public stable update cycle and the demands of those who have bought into EA.

EA brings them an extra set of stakeholders who aren't privy to development issues or timelines and are unforgiving of delays and shortcomings. It also brings an extra set of tensions on developers who may already be stretched - with threads like this one and others like it that claim to speak for the community (Argumentum ad populum) but actually represent the frustrations of individuals. I mean, this thread has what, a hundred or 2 views, and how many views do the best youtube players have per video? A hundred thousand?

There are TWO fixes you need for next patch. If it's the only two you make the community would still be happy.

FIX THE GOD DAMN SIEGE TOWER AI

FIX THE GOD DAMN WALK BUG IN CAPTAIN MP

You will make both the SP and MP communities happy with JUST THOSE FUNDAMENTAL FIXES. PLEASE JESUS GOD PLEASE.

Also side note which you are hopefully already working on... your matchmaker isn't working.
waaat this all crap, check this out instead
>fix gad dem armor
>fix gad dem blacksmith
>fix gad dem leveling system
>fix gad dem companion leveling system
>fix gad dem medicine leveling system
>fix gad dem X
>fix gad dem Y

Back
Top Bottom