1.5.7 and beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

This sounds interesting and I'm eager to see what solution you guys come up with.

Hard agree on that one. While the Brigand and Wildling are fairly okay looking, being a better inf choice than the regular 100x classes with a high versatility while remaining vulnerability compared to their heavy inf counterparts, the Aserai Skirmisher is where I'm getting a little worried.
Doubling the stack amounts on that class alone is a terrible idea. They should be reverted to the original size that is equivalent to their Skirmisher counterparts.
Having a Pike instead of the large throwing spear is a decent choice, considering the Aserai infantry's vulnerability to cavalry. While the pike exposes them to archers, their ranged prowess counters fairly okay for a cheap unit.

On another note it'd be an interesting option for the Aserai Guard to have a sword+shield option integrated, similar to how the Voulgier works.
dog bless you moder for forcing more of mid-infantry builds
devs please hear us out - we WANT more of shield/1h builds from voulger to other fraction's shock infatry!
(and vice versa - glaive instead of shield for khuzait spearman)

that would be a good option, but will you deny their ranged capabilities weren't trash before this patch? they were full of indecision, they couldnt even throw anything before the enemy is already on their faces killing them, sadly I havent tested the update yet because NA servers are divided and not enough players to start a match
You do realize literally everyone else here is talking about skirmish mode instead of captain? Many of these changes probably came because the captain community asked for them to buff ranged AI and for them to make skirmishing units anything but trash. (sorry skirmish players)

Let's hope this gets a bit better when they actually start dividing the perks, so they can give skirmishers in skirmish less throwables.

I played a couple of matches and it is certainly an improvement, thanks for the effort.

The only thing that is a bit of a disappointment is the crashing of the server :smile:.

Also, empire vs aserai turned into complete javelin spam, so indeed keep a look at the skirmisher class.

@AVRC would it be possible to make it so that players can select multiple regions for multiplayer matchmaking, this way the American community won't be so split, either that or move matchmaking to Chicago or Texas, I am from the West Coast and appreciate the ping upgrade, but I won't be able to enjoy said upgrade if the community is split and dies out

Skirmishers
There is some concern about Skirmishers being too strong this patch. We will closely monitor the situation and make adjustments as required.

Balance is in right direction except the current state of skirmishers. Shields that actually block ranged from front are a good addition(and yet you take it away from wilding...) and I'd say amount of damage buff for throwing was right, but why did you have to buff the ammo size aswell at the same time? Now they are over-adjusted and how are you going to decide wheter its the damage or the amount that breaks the game? Or on another note why cant you be as rash with inf movement speed, incrementing 1 by 1 as if you are mocking us?

I inf main that is all, have lots of hours in the game. The armor will not be the determining factor in this update it is health. Armor adjustments will only need to impact the minor balances but health is the main base. In Warband, the highest you can go was 160 for Swadian Charger horse. People are actually thinking that a 20 drop-in health will make a horse go from 270 to 250 is going to actually affect the horse's value. I would like to see a count of how many times it will take a horse to get reared until the horse dies. The rider can just hide until the fight starts and still have a strong impact on the game outcome. Cav superiority always wins, the team with better horses win the game as inf and archers will not have to worry about horses coming and hitting the players from behind.

And I do play competitively, my experience is more about competitive play more than basic skirmish pubs. I just do not play EU.

You are aware that in warband hp of players varied between 42 to 58 points depending on faction and class? Highest mount hp is at 165 with Sarranian War Horse, lowest is 110 (not counting saddle which is 100). From that context mount hp amount is samey ratiowise. Armor change is quite impactful, melee damage done to mounts on foot is improved nicely. I'd like to see new throwing buffs to be handled before this is touched again. I can understand with the state of skirmishers you are not feeling nice about heavy inf but I dont understand how you can call yourself a competitive inf and not feel that the damage you do the horses with melee is improved? Turned combat stats off for immersion or what?

Skirmishers are insanely broken atm but I understand that's probably been said 1000 times already

Archer nerf is fine but it takes 3 shots to kill aserai skirmishers (from my experience averaging around 45dmg per shot) when they can spawn potentially 3 times after round 1 with 12 javs they can lob each life. Archery is almost useless because of this, javs are faster and more reliable.

Menavlion should have its speed nerfed rather then damage. It's a bit glitchy with its animations when its so fast, at least with the one given to archers.

Cav nerf is pretty good tho

Personally I don't get the buff to throwing, it felt useful while not being entirely op before this patch. Now we have 12-16 throwing ammo classes that two shot anything that is not heavy inf and still dies to cav easily because of low armour stats?

This buff to throwing classes is a much higher nerf to heavy inf than it is to cav or archers in my opinion.
Do you captain?

Played a scrim yesterday - well, heavy inf is deleted from the game. There's just no way you can fight against light troops atm. 4 peasant spawn with access to some drops is much more powerful choice than sergeant lmao. Light troops acceleration is so boosted they can kite heavy inf as much as they want + dodge cav while your teammates destroy enemy archers.

Played a scrim yesterday - well, heavy inf is deleted from the game. There's just no way you can fight against light troops atm. 4 peasant spawn with access to some drops is much more powerful choice than sergeant lmao. Light troops acceleration is so boosted they can kite heavy inf as much as they want + dodge cav while your teammates destroy enemy archers.
We prepared a Hotfix to address the troop acceleration and quantity of Throwing weapons. Hopefully we will be able to send it out today but I can not guarantee as we are still working on the server crashes.

We prepared a Hotfix to address the acceleration and quantity of Throwing weapons. Hopefully we will be able to send it out today but I can not guarantee as we are still working on the server crashes.
Really nice to hear! Looking forward to it, good job

We prepared a Hotfix to address the troop acceleration and quantity of Throwing weapons. Hopefully we will be able to send it out today but I can not guarantee as we are still working on the server crashes.
Speaking of servers can u give an answer for split na server instead of one central server?

Speaking of servers can u give an answer for split na server instead of one central server?
It is dependent on our current providers and where they have data centers. I brought the issue up to the relevant people but we can not change providers and servers overnight.

It is dependent on our current providers and where they have data centers. I brought the issue up to the relevant people but we can not change providers and servers overnight.
I figured it was something like that, is it planned in the future when contracts are up to look for a more centralized server? I’m assuming if this is the case it would probably be after full release and thx 4 reply

Thank you for answering these types of questions! This makes us understand why certain decisions are made and why some issues are harder to fix than it sometimes seems from the outside.

I am glad with the skirmisher speed buff, well i prefer fast and nimble fighters so i may be a tiny bit biased.

What i dont like about the skirmisher is that you are loaded with stuff, a sword, a spear and throwable things. There is no option to choose one weapon over another (i mean a spear or a missile). So in the end i get always the whole package and have to toss away the stuff that i don´t need.

Back
Top Bottom