1.5.7 and beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds like you're playing against noobs. Who exactly are you?
I inf main that is all, have lots of hours in the game. The armor will not be the determining factor in this update it is health. Armor adjustments will only need to impact the minor balances but health is the main base. In Warband, the highest you can go was 160 for Swadian Charger horse. People are actually thinking that a 20 drop-in health will make a horse go from 270 to 250 is going to actually affect the horse's value. I would like to see a count of how many times it will take a horse to get reared until the horse dies. The rider can just hide until the fight starts and still have a strong impact on the game outcome. Cav superiority always wins, the team with better horses win the game as inf and archers will not have to worry about horses coming and hitting the players from behind.

And I do play competitively, my experience is more about competitive play more than basic skirmish pubs. I just do not play EU.

mmhmm, it's totally blocking all those projectiles flung at your horse, right? name a light cav with a big shield, please
Mamluks taking larger shields
Vlandian Cav taking pavise shields

Picking up any shield from an inf fight will guarantee you significantly higher horse survivability.

I inf main that is all, have lots of hours in the game. The armor will not be the determining factor in this update it is health. Armor adjustments will only need to impact the minor balances but health is the main base. In Warband, the highest you can go was 160 for Swadian Charger horse. People are actually thinking that a 20 drop-in health will make a horse go from 270 to 250 is going to actually affect the horse's value. I would like to see a count of how many times it will take a horse to get reared until the horse dies. The rider can just hide until the fight starts and still have a strong impact on the game outcome. Cav superiority always wins, the team with better horses win the game as inf and archers will not have to worry about horses coming and hitting the players from behind.

And I do play competitively, my experience is more about competitive play more than basic skirmish pubs. I just do not play EU.
Comparing warband horses HP to Bannerlord ones is moronic, simply based upon the fact that warband infantry also only had about half of what Bannerlord infantries have.

you also didn't really answer my question. to me it still sounds like you're playing against noobs/teams with little experience. I dont care if thats EU, NA or SEA.

Just spend a little time fixing the sound positioning and suddenly the car is actually manageable to deal with as inf. I can't even begin to understand why this issue hasn't been looked into since early beta - it's still basically impossible to distinguish the direction or position of cav. Even worse when there are several cavs nearby.

Crossbows
Crossbows are going to have further changes. The confirmed ones are increasing inaccuracy when jumping and increasing inaccuracy when making a sharp turn which involves the feet to reposition.
The remaining problems we want fix are crossbows being too effective at very close range and being able to switch between weapons and getting ready to fire too fast. There are multiple ways we are discussing to handle these issues and they will be taken care of in an immediate patch.
This sounds interesting and I'm eager to see what solution you guys come up with.
Skirmishers
There is some concern about Skirmishers being too strong this patch. We will closely monitor the situation and make adjustments as required.
Hard agree on that one. While the Brigand and Wildling are fairly okay looking, being a better inf choice than the regular 100x classes with a high versatility while remaining vulnerability compared to their heavy inf counterparts, the Aserai Skirmisher is where I'm getting a little worried.
Doubling the stack amounts on that class alone is a terrible idea. They should be reverted to the original size that is equivalent to their Skirmisher counterparts.
Having a Pike instead of the large throwing spear is a decent choice, considering the Aserai infantry's vulnerability to cavalry. While the pike exposes them to archers, their ranged prowess counters fairly okay for a cheap unit.

On another note it'd be an interesting option for the Aserai Guard to have a sword+shield option integrated, similar to how the Voulgier works.

Comparing warband horses HP to Bannerlord ones is moronic, simply based upon the fact that warband infantry also only had about half of what Bannerlord infantries have.

you also didn't really answer my question. to me it still sounds like you're playing against noobs/teams with little experience. I dont care if thats EU, NA or SEA.
As a inf main myself too, i completely agree with Cyprex. Playing cavalry is super easy compared to Inf, its a joke to produce kills as cavalry and you literally cant be punished for mistakes. You only die because you get outplayed, not because of a piss-poor mistake. Playing cav is all about "choosing" your combat, which basicly translates to "dont fight spearmen face to face, dont charge archers in a perfect line" do that and you pretty much ensure being in the top frag players in a game. If anything, the noobs are not the ones being beaten by Cyprex on a horse, the noobs in Bannerlord are the cavalry main, because as soon as they fall down their horses, 95% of them are literally unable to fight for ****.

that TDM experience or?
I play skirmish almost exclusively and I have around 1200+ hours. From experience even playing against EUs like DM and they themselves ran 3 cav the only way to match 3 cav is to run 3 cav and fight the riders, the team that runs cav superiority always wins. If a team loses their cav it is game over unless the winning team messes up very poorly.

Thanks for the post,

Regarding Cavalry and its "issue" concerning range units. Have you considered the following solution : Increase the usefulness of armor against projectiles in general. I do not know how it is coded, but i assume the % of damage reduction is the same for all weapons except for blunt. I think the % of the damage reduction caused by armor should be significantly higher against Projectiles than it is vs regular weapons.

This solution helps with 2 problems :
Makes the horses tankier vs projectiles in order to fix this issue you are pointing out
Buffs heavy infantry classes against archery.

Projectiles vs non armored units remains relatively the same.

Cut negates 25% of armor
Pierce negates 50% of armor
Blunt negates 100% of armor

dont nerf skirmishers please, they have been trash since release and now they are getting some attention, people don't like them because they could counter the archer meta spam

Adjusting horse HP isn’t the answer when inf hitting the horse with whatever weapon (even 2h) doesn’t do nearly enough damage, that needs to be fixed before adjusting horse HP. Also cav should bump/knock down friendlies, this would punish cav players for mindlessly charging into fights.

we will keep listening to the community
This statement to some extent and in certain parts is false bcs like 97% of what community actualy suggested,asked for,wanted,requested ever since Bannerlord was announced/teased was not done and many things community asked for has time and time again fallen on deaf ears of decision makers and ended being rejected.Not to mention realy great stuff that devs originaly put in the game and was in the game that people were realy hyped about and reason why some actualy bought the game ended being removed comepletly bcs hey it needs to be compleatly easy casual system of project upgrade/managment.

Its not an attack its just stating what has been happening all the time.

Im honestly excited about this patch, as a inf main I notice that I can smoke light cav with a spear due to their lack of armor on horses. Seeing the nerf to cav armor and health is a great change. Coupled with the spear fixes, I think this patch will work out fine.

Had you just pushed the armour and hp changes for cav out without all this extra throwing weapon ****, gave the skirmisher classes their large shields but didn't give them this ridiculous movement, then the patch would have been well recieved, as it stands you literally haven't made a patch where we just have good things happen without something else coming in like a wrecking ball and throwing it all out of whack again.

My patience is wearing thin with this game in all honesty.

dont nerf skirmishers please, they have been trash since release and now they are getting some attention, people don't like them because they could counter the archer meta spam
Skirmishers were pretty good for several patches already. If you want to make them better buff their melee, not ranged capabilities. Otherwise it's just a nightmare for the slow moving heavy inf.

Skirmishers were pretty good for several patches already. If you want to make them better buff their melee, not ranged capabilities. Otherwise it's just a nightmare for the slow moving heavy inf.
that would be a good option, but will you deny their ranged capabilities weren't trash before this patch? they were full of indecision, they couldnt even throw anything before the enemy is already on their faces killing them, sadly I havent tested the update yet because NA servers are divided and not enough players to start a match

Back
Top Bottom