Is it unreal to lvl up like most of the noble NPC ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just can't imaging how long you need to play to reach such high lvl in almost every characteristics.
It is impossible!
Look at my brother and this other NPC, then look at my character.
my-bro-x-D.png

mengus-x-D.png

My bro and other guy are genius almost in every thing!

me.png

What was my character doing with his life before I start playing for him ?
Did he was just laying down and do nothing?)
I think character start characteristic should be a lot bigger or leveling should be more quick in early game.

My sister and younger bro, they already has more stats then me and I am getting only 1 characteristic point per 4 lvls. I need 20+ lvls to reach one of them, and they are not playable yet as a companions because too young.

I think leveling and starting stats need some balancing.

In the current un-modded versions you can't match many NPC lords in stats in any reasonable amount of campaign years, or at all in some cases. You could end up like you brother though. It's because they're created differently and don't actually level skills or anything. The biggest eye sore is the multiple melee and ranged skills at high levels many lord have. Maybe for a 50yo + lord this could be okay but on the 20yo it's silly.

I feel like the skill system has too many conflicting parts. I bet the "level up = learning speed down" was a late addition to slow down character progress without having to actually balance skill growth. They probably saw riding and bow go up too fast and though they better do something to slow it down, but ruined their system in doing so, while fast skills are still fast and slow skills are impossible.

I just can't imaging how long you need to play to reach such high lvl in almost every characteristics.
It is impossible!
Look at my brother and this other NPC, then look at my character.
my-bro-x-D.png

mengus-x-D.png

My bro and other guy are genius almost in every thing!

me.png

What was my character doing with his life before I start playing for him ?
Did he was just laying down and do nothing?)
I think character start characteristic should be a lot bigger or leveling should be more quick in early game.

My sister and younger bro, they already has more stats then me and I am getting only 1 characteristic point per 4 lvls. I need 20+ lvls to reach one of them, and they are not playable yet as a companions because too young.

I think leveling and starting stats need some balancing.

You can match those NPC Lords in foot combat abilities (one-handed, athletics, two handed, thrown, bow), in just one day.

Just go to the practice fights in any city, and stay there fighting until you hit 150 athletics.

You'll get pretty good at it too, after 10,000 practice fights.

I'm currently doing this for a new 1.5.7 beta playthrough.

A few days have passed (because I ran up to Tyal from the start area), and I'm already over 75 in one-handed and athletics.

I think I've defeated everyone who lives in Tyal like 200 times each :wink:

in just one day.
yeah, the problem is with skills like tactics(and a few more), they would require a lot of time to rank up. trade? charm? steward? nah, not a big deal.
I was beating people in Askar while waiting for Aserai horses to restock.

Just go to the practice fights in any city, and stay there fighting until you hit 150 athletics.

You'll get pretty good at it too, after 10,000 practice fights.

Sorry but that grind sounds insanely unreasonable. It's a single player game..

Sorry but that sounds completely unreasonable of a grind. No thank you.

To each thier own.

Personally, I decided that I wanted to rule the battlefield like an insanely-good God of War with all of the difficulties set to maximum.

And then, I created the smallest character in the Character Creator, so they have less arm reach and shorter stride, just to make it harder...

...so now, after uncounted hours of practice, I can clear out the practice arena consistently 2 out of 3 tries.

Eventually, I want to be able to wipe out entire groups of looters solo on foot with hand weapons... once I finally leave the practice arena.

And then, I created the smallest character in the Character Creator, so they have less arm reach and shorter stride, just to make it harder...

Does it really work that way? I've played against female characters in multiplayer and hadnt noticed a difference. It might just be because I'm terrible.

Does it really work that way? I've played against female characters in multiplayer and hadnt noticed a difference. It might just be because I'm terrible.

I pretty sure. I created a big huge Sturgian guy with max height, and double-smacking enemies with a right slash then left slash was a piece of cake... but now I'm using this very short Khuzait girl, and if I don't time it just right and step forward, the two-handed axemen will curmt me down before I can complete the move.

So, I'm pretty sure it's because of shorter arm-reach on the character.

I pretty sure. I created a big huge Sturgian guy with max height, and double-smacking enemies with a right slash then left slash was a piece of cake... but now I'm using this very short Khuzait girl, and if I don't time it just right and step forward, the two-handed axemen will curmt me down before I can complete the move.

So, I'm pretty sure it's because of shorter arm-reach on the character.
I agree. I used to always make the smallest char and then when I made a biggest one I found it much easier to wop npcs in the tournaments. It's not just reach but being more above them makes it easier too.

I agree. I used to always make the smallest char and then when I made a biggest one I found it much easier to wop npcs in the tournaments. It's not just reach but being more above them makes it easier too.
I wonder if height of all NPC are the same ?)
If it is so, then it should be randomized, and average height for each fraction should be different too.

If it is so, then it should be randomized, and average height for each fraction should be different too.

On a different playthrough, I hired about 20 Khuzait Nomads, and looked at them lined up before the first battle with looters... and they were definitely different hieghts.

Some were shorter, and others were taller, but within a half foot or so variance (1/6th of a meter or so for you non-USAians).

It would be good if there was more variety in height in NPCs although I did find a battanian giant of a companion who was nearly a head taller than most other characters so there is some variety in companions at least.

Those nobles have had the best possible educations for 20 years.

You on the other hand are the orphaned child of sheep herders or town guards.

In this respect, I think the disparity of traits is reasonable. You're a late bloomer. I find that after 10 years in game my list of traits starts to match and even in many cases surpass the NPC character traits.

Any desire to have easier trait gain, or lower noble capabilities is pure communism and that's 1000 years ahead in game time.

Those nobles have had the best possible educations for 20 years.

You on the other hand are the orphaned child of sheep herders or town guards.

In this respect, I think the disparity of traits is reasonable. You're a late bloomer. I find that after 10 years in game my list of traits starts to match and even in many cases surpass the NPC character.

Good point.

This is exactly how it works already. Sturgians and Battanians tend to tower over Khuzaits. The horses have different heights between breeds but are basically uniform within that breed.

Back
Top Bottom