Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we get a limit on running speed? Cause it look ridiculous when lords and some soldiers with 150-200 athleticism skill run faster than horse (if you can even call it running). Its stupid how you cant even hit them in some situations.

athletics and other skills still level way too slowly as well. I'd rather them give less of a good effect (less speed per level etc) rather than leveling so slowly. I wish they would balance the leveling system next patches...

Can we get a limit on running speed? Cause it look ridiculous when lords and some soldiers with 150-200 athleticism skill run faster than horse (if you can even call it running). Its stupid how you cant even hit them in some situations.
Heroic Line Breakers and their 150 in Athletics is the main reason why they're so good. The difference between 130 and 150 should be barely noticeable since it's like +7% movement speed I believe, but it feels higher than that.

The shock troops are somewhat bearable, but there speed causing them to run in front of shield wall and die almost instanly.

The game stutters as soon as we choose the heir. The "party" advances in "dotted lines". Then sometimes, the game completely crashes for no apparent reason. Has anyone been able to alert the developers to the problem? Do you have an explanation ? Not mod installed. And i play with 1.5.7

The sturgian are good now even though they often need an "Imperial" alliance to win. But with the Southern Empire and the Aserai harassing them too, it is possible to do more than resist the Khuzait invasion. With the Southern Empire, the Battanians and the Aserai harassing them too, it is possible to do more than resist the Khuzait invasion. But they are still the main "danger" in this game, but one has to be.

Another example of a where logarithmic approach to the effect would be hugely beneficial.

What do tou mean alliance?

There are no alliances in the game
Maybe *** means is the conversation text. Which actually says "create alliance between are families by marriage". I think *** took the conversation text too seriously.

Edit: in fact, I was convinced TWs long plan was to add alliances becasue of this conversation text too.

mhm, i just noticed clan parties tend to stick over clan towns and patrol the area around. not sure if it's a coincidence, but if not well thanks TW

Last edited:
Isn't the scaling for the necessary xp to level up the skill already logarithmic? I thought the effect of the skill was scaled the same, but reducing the effect.

I haven’t run tests nor analyzed the actual code, so the below is based on my own observations rather than working with specific numbers:

Xp for level up is currently exponential growth. Each level up takes substantially more than the next until it eventually reaches nearly impossible to achieve requirements.

The effect of skills seems to be somewhat linear. Meaning that every time you level up athletics you get just about the same amount faster. The result is by around 150 athletics or above your character is faster than Olympic sprinters but wearing full body armor instead of minimal weight athletic wear.

I would like to see the growth of speed effects of althetucs to be logarithmic. Meaning that the early levels drastically effect your speed, but as you level up you see increasingly dimishing effects of the level up. This will effectively create a maximum speed.

I haven’t run tests nor analyzed the actual code, so the below is based on my own observations rather than working with specific numbers:

Xp for level up is currently exponential growth. Each level up takes substantially more than the next until it eventually reaches nearly impossible to achieve requirements.

The effect of skills seems to be somewhat linear. Meaning that every time you level up athletics you get just about the same amount faster. The result is by around 150 athletics or above your character is faster than Olympic sprinters but wearing full body armor instead of minimal weight athletic wear.

I would like to see the growth of speed effects of althetucs to be logarithmic. Meaning that the early levels drastically effect your speed, but as you level up you see increasingly dimishing effects of the level up. This will effectively create a maximum speed.

Yea, I agree.I thought it already worked like that, but it's how it should be - probably for most skills.

a remark about siege engines. if i put those in reserve, i don't wanna see them on the map. i have no need in trebuchets when i already made two breaches in the walls. and i most certainly don't wanna catch friendly boulders in the back of my character and/or my troops, it happens way too often for comfort >_>
friendly fire is bad for me.
p.s. i know i can remove them on the map

Last edited:
What do tou mean alliance?

There are no alliances in the game

You are saying true and false at the same time. But that's the game. An alliance is "implied" in this game. The Southern Empire, for example, in the course of my game, has never attacked the Sturgia (The Southern Empire is resisting very well and occupies almost the entire surface of the country. 'Empire that we see at the start of the game). And of course, neither did the Sturgians. This means that you never win the quest but the Southern Empire becomes an "implicit ally".
But I agree with you, there is no explicit alliance system in this game. When Raganvad receives the banner, he takes part in the war against the Northern Empire, but still refuses a conflict against Southern Empire. The game is programmed as well. The only solution might be to be the leader of the faction to have more influence on the conflicts ( (I'm not sure that would work) . But my character died before Raganvad ... So it's over. The desire to make a game that "never ends" results in this type of painful situation where we are in an endless repetition of similar situations.
For my part, I would have preferred a game with an "end". I would rather start a game over than to play the same game over and over again. But hey, I go to bed in front of the majority ...

You are saying true and false at the same time. But that's the game. An alliance is "implied" in this game. The Southern Empire, for example, in the course of my game, has never attacked the Sturgia (The Southern Empire is resisting very well and occupies almost the entire surface of the country. 'Empire that we see at the start of the game). And of course, neither did the Sturgians. This means that you never win the quest but the Southern Empire becomes an "implicit ally".
But I agree with you, there is no explicit alliance system in this game. When Raganvad receives the banner, he takes part in the war against the Northern Empire, but still refuses a conflict against Southern Empire. The game is programmed as well. The only solution might be to be the leader of the faction to have more influence on the conflicts ( (I'm not sure that would work) . But my character died before Raganvad ... So it's over. The desire to make a game that "never ends" results in this type of painful situation where we are in an endless repetition of similar situations.
For my part, I would have preferred a game with an "end". I would rather start a game over than to play the same game over and over again. But hey, I go to bed in front of the majority ...
That is no alliance neither does it implicit one thats just the vassals beimg unwillimg to go fight in another war in some far away land while already fighting a war same gies for the southern empire

That is no alliance neither does it implicit one thats just the vassals beimg unwillimg to go fight in another war in some far away land while already fighting a war same gies for the southern empire
I agree with you. The only way to destroy the Empire would have been to let the Khuzaits do the work, and therefore accept that the Sturgians were reduced to next to nothing. It's always the same scenario. You can just influence the course of things by reducing the strength of an opponent. I hope that in the future a more explicit diplomatic system will allow something else. But I am not sure that this is possible without risking breaking the meaning of the game. When we manage to be of almost "equal" strength (in number of troops and below a certain threshold so as not to totally unbalance the balance of forces), we should be able to make an alliance or at least a "lasting peace".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom