Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

now, take a look at this, i took the age difference between our sister and brother to see how a character would develop without me taking control.
that how she was looking before
QD9qSmx.jpg
after 2 years of waging wars as part of the army
VXcXZ95.jpg
now, no charm. no leadership. steward is very low after two years. except for medicine. medicine levels much quicker.
if i would used her as a governor situation would've been much, much worse.

so this is my biggest gripe as it now, the natural development of characters is very bad. if MC would die in battle or of old age, i would have to do a lot of grinding all over again.
+1
I mentioned this issue somewhere long time ago. The progression of skills is too slow. In "normal" play mode you basically cannot get higher skills.
I personally think this issue is partly caused by some players which are "hacking" the progression system with some wicked activities to level up quickly. If the "natural" progression would be increased they would most likely complain they can get 300 skills for everything too easily.

+1
I mentioned this issue somewhere long time ago. The progression of skills is too slow. In "normal" play mode you basically cannot get higher skills.
I personally think this issue is partly caused by some players which are "hacking" the progression system with some wicked activities to level up quickly. If the "natural" progression would be increased they would most likely complain they can get 300 skills for everything too easily.
I don´t think or at least i hope no dev is stupid enough to slow progression because some guys got 300+ smithing. It should be very obvious if someone is progressing in a normal way or not. Can´t imagine that´s the issue. To me it seems more like they are overly cautious because as the game develops you get more ways to progress your level. before 1.5.7 you couldnt level roguery by raiding for example. now you can. but i could also be very wrong

which are "hacking" the progression system with some wicked activities to level up quickly.
emm no, there is no need in wicked activities because command console is available for everybody.
if you are talking about MC progression, i just hit 275 steward with my cultist-chan, so in the majority of disciplines, it is possible to hit 275+ in a matter of 10 years.
i'm talking about companions and family members, their development is rather slow and one-sided.

+1
It's TW job to balance it and that means the horribly slow and awkward skills need to be changed too, not just the fast ones.
And actually only riding, and at that, specifically only leveling riding by shooting from horseback is actually 'too fast'.
There probably is some mistake with how the exp for riding when you land a hard shot is multiplied. I find it extremely suspicious that doing so procs much more riding exp then BOW exp.

They already fixed being able to skill up with friendly fire so I don't know what you think people do now that they shouldn't, unless you mean modding the game.

There probably is some mistake with how the exp for riding when you land a hard shot is multiplied.
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. back in the day when i was solo killing looters from the horseback, 100 riding wasn't something hard to get. And just recently, my dear sister hit some poor fella with a javelin, her riding xp jumped 11 points in the instant.

@mexxico is it possible that certain aspects of the game come into effect only after i reload my game. For example, there is a new merchant in town, i maxed out my relationship with her, and yet i got no support from her. however, after i loaded my save file, she became a supporter of my clan with the following benefits(bonus influence). If my assumption is correct, are there more bonuses that start to function only after save/load.

Last edited:
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. back in the day when i was solo killing looters from the horseback, 100 riding wasn't something hard to get. And just recently, my dear sister hit some poor fella with a javelin, her riding xp jumped 11 points in the instant.

@mexxico is it possible that certain aspects of the game come into effect only after i reload my game. For example, there is a new merchant in town, i maxed out my relationship with her, and yet i got no support from her. however, after i loaded my save file, she became a supporter of my clan with the following benefits(bonus influence). If my assumption is correct, are there more bonuses that start to function only after save/load.

Yes it is possible. There can be a bug there. You can open a bug report post about this.

@mexxico
There is an influence bug in 1.5.7.
Go ahead and donate a lord to prison, u'll get around 5 influence. Click done and without leaving the "dungeon" page go back to donating again. Now just donate one single looter, u'll get 5 influence again. Do it as many times as you want, donating 1 prisoner at a time i've made 100 influence no problem at all.
I used looters as an example, any type of prisoner would do the job

My game crashed for like 10 times in 2 hours.
"application crashed because a fatal error occurred while reading a file.
common cause of this a corrupted game file.
re-validating game files may solve this issue.
File:...modules/native/assetpackages/pack_17.tpac.....bla bla
error:decompression failure"

I've validated all game files but the issue still exist.

btw not using any mods here.

what should i do? :razz:

@mexxico
There is an influence bug in 1.5.7.
Go ahead and donate a lord to prison, u'll get around 5 influence. Click done and without leaving the "dungeon" page go back to donating again. Now just donate one single looter, u'll get 5 influence again. Do it as many times as you want, donating 1 prisoner at a time i've made 100 influence no problem at all.
I used looters as an example, any type of prisoner would do the job
It doesn't just touch influence, reputation with the clan owning the place too if you're using enemy lords. From what I observed i think your kingdom has to bee in war against the prisoner's faction for it to work.

Have you noticed a particular moment for when it crashes? I have several crashes a day too, all of them when start a fight with another party.

It doesn't just touch influence, reputation with the clan owning the place too if you're using enemy lords. From what I observed i think your kingdom has to bee in war against the prisoner's faction for it to work.

Have you noticed a particular moment for when it crashes? I have several crashes a day too, all of them when start a fight with another party.
whenever I engage another party (looters/lords/bandits etc) had like 10 crashes out of approx 100 encounters.

My relation had increased for one case, but it didn't for other. Not sure why.

My relation had increased for one case, but it didn't for other. Not sure why.
I'll try to check next war on my game, but i have a feeling mercenaries lords don't give relation, only "real" lords of an enemy faction.

In another subject, aren't wars supposed to be longer and be against less factions at the same time? I play as vassal in WE and had my faction declare war to Battania and SE 10 days apart, while already being fighting Aserai.

re-validating game files may solve this issue.
File:...modules/native/assetpackages/pack_17.tpac.....bla bla
error:decompression failure"

I've validated all game files but the issue still exist.

btw not using any mods here.

what should i do? :razz:

i get this too. It happens when I initiate combat with looters in the desert. It reminds me of old crashes from versions ago.

I use no mods either. My advice to you is save and save often until they come out with a hotfix. Sucks.

i get this too. It happens when I initiate combat with looters in the desert. It reminds me of old crashes from versions ago.

I use no mods either. My advice to you is save and save often until they come out with a hotfix. Sucks.

deleted "pack_17.tpac" and validating all files again.
hope it works out (y)

If you can reproduce it, it would be great if you could open a topic in the support section and share a save game (prior to it happening) there.
The save I uploaded for another issue has plenty of examples, even the pic I posted in the forum has a naked 18 yr old, if you look at the same family there is a fully armored 16/17 yr old

I became king of Vlandia. Thanks for the honor. Long live King Blaggon!

I married off my sister Alea to Battania to create an Alliance. Does this feature even work?

Minutes later my men came to me wanting to declare war on Battania, since i didn't have the 1800 influence to say no we went to war. Did I go back on the alliance since we declared war? Would they never have declared war due to the alliance?

This game is still thin on kingdom diplomacy that makes being King really dumb and boring when it could be a lot of fun. Is there any word on creating any kind of Kingdom diplomacy by TW?

Have a great weekend all!

Can we get a limit on running speed? Cause it look ridiculous when lords and some soldiers with 150-200 athleticism skill run faster than horse (if you can even call it running). Its stupid how you cant even hit them in some situations.

Back
Top Bottom