fed up with chasing gold coins

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
Hello everyone,
it's just to say that lowering the daily cost of troops a bit would be nice, chasing gold coins isn't a great fun. I would understand that this is also a management game, but frankly, I'm sick of this system that keeps us chasing money. I would have thought there would have been better grounds for playing. But it's you who see, for my part, I do not find the economic system fun. It's just a passing remark. I know very well that after a while you can have trailers, workshops, and that we are rewarded after successfully completing the main quest, but despite that, I think it is painful. Perhaps it would be possible to imagine a less precarious financial balance from the start ... That said, good game ...

Best thought

You will have to get a mod for it then if you don't like it. There are plenty to choose from. It's part of the core gameplay and it won't change.

So you want to own a successful business without doing the establishment part of that business?

What you need is a 'born into wealth' mod that starts you as Monchug's eldest child and heir. Then you can wear the best silk outfits and spend all day in Makeb drinking and eating while batting away marriage proposals from the peasants.

It's suppose to be a rags to riches story. Part of the game play is not only creating a powerful kingdom, but making yourself financially solvent. I guess if making money in the game isn't for you use cheats or as aflicted said exploit the hell out of smithing.

It's much easier then warband. You start with 1k plus another 500+ of gear you can pawn. You don't start with :poop: in warband... I mean you can get a little form hunter or student or a few other choices but just getting a starting funds in BL is a big leg up.

Once I have 6k+or so (usually from punking a minor faction solo) my finances rapidly snowball via marriage(s) and I soon have fully powered warband that I use like whaling ship to hunt down khuzait parties and drag the spoils back to a neutral town. Then once I have 100k I take a town. The reasone I want 100K is to pay for a peace afterwards and to have plenty of money to run around for a bit before I start attacking again.

Above all, I thought that I had not developed the right skills for the trade. And it's true the forge, I probably didn't spend enough time there. What tips do you have for skills? As for mods, I prefer to play the base game and master it. I'm not a fan of mods, I prefer to find out what the creators of the game wanted to do and encourage them to make it always more fun and balanced. Despite my small criticisms about the economic difficulty of the game, I managed to finish all the main quests with several factions. But it is true that after a while, when my fame is at the top, it would seem normal to me to have less financial worries ... It is probably a question of skill. Do you have any ideas on the right skills for the economy?

I don't have a problem with the current payment towards parties but i would LOVE a mechanic like in VC when you could decide what happens with the loot aka you get all, you share with your men or you give it all to your men. If it was like that then a part of the men's wages could go away cuz of the loot you gave them, that being a morale add-on as well

Once I have 6k+or so (usually from punking a minor faction solo) my finances rapidly snowball via marriage(s) and I soon have fully powered warband that I use like whaling ship to hunt down khuzait parties and drag the spoils back to a neutral town. Then once I have 100k I take a town. The reasone I want 100K is to pay for a peace afterwards and to have plenty of money to run around for a bit before I start attacking again.
I love that this is the tactic that you proposed to me a while ago while I was struggling with my first campaign.
While it feels like quite an adventure on its own some people could consider it grindy and wouldn't pick this approach but now you made me dead curious.
Also, now to OP's point, ananda's strategy could help you out at paying your men, and maybe try some workshops after you get the money as they really work good now after the fix

It is true that during my last adventure, I did not take cities, only two castles. Quite simply by choice, I wanted to lose these castles, a bit Role Play style, to become a humble pillaging nomad again after the main quest, power does not interest me, having destroyed the Empire was enough for me and I left after the "nobles "to continue their eternal wars. What I have done. Strangely, by the end of this game, no one was fighting anymore. No more way to sell my mercenary services. Good context to develop trade, but insufficient to live.

It is true that during my last adventure, I did not take cities, only two castles. Quite simply by choice, I wanted to lose these castles, a bit Role Play style, to become a humble pillaging nomad again after the main quest, power does not interest me, having destroyed the Empire was enough for me and I left after the "nobles "to continue their eternal wars. What I have done. Strangely, by the end of this game, no one was fighting anymore. No more way to sell my mercenary services. Good context to develop trade, but insufficient to live.
If you want even a small amount of income castles are not quite worth it. Yes, they bring money and have their own villages but the amount of money is small and sometimes can't even pay off for the garrison

One of the best methods for for keeping your budget in check is just limiting your party size and upgrades. A full party of 80 T3/T4 troops is more than enough to beat most lords in the early- and mid-game while costing under 1K per day.

One of the best methods for for keeping your budget in check is just limiting your party size and upgrades. A full party of 80 T3/T4 troops is more than enough to beat most lords in the early- and mid-game while costing under 1K per day.
Yes it is often too tempting to raise the level of troops when it is too expensive. You are telling the truth.Yes

at the start of the game I find that the bandits are sometimes too rare and sometimes too fast. I know: you need horses in the group. But when we have had difficulties and lost everything, it is painful to run after looters who for mysterious reasons run very, very quickly ... These are the kinds of details that I don't think add anything to the game and should be simplified to be able to loot quietly.

at the start of the game I find that the bandits are sometimes too rare and sometimes too fast. I know: you need horses in the group. But when we have had difficulties and lost everything, it is painful to run after looters who for mysterious reasons run very, very quickly ... These are the kinds of details that I don't think add anything to the game and should be simplified to be able to loot quietly.
The best advice I can give you for an easy early game is to go from tournament to tournament (always betting, selling non-upgrade rewards) until you’ve made around 15k and then hire your first companion and create a caravan with them (trader companion best for this). If you can get a caravan early game then you have a source of profit that will help you balance out your party. If you want a higher tier party that will cost more make sure to get a second caravan out. Tournaments will only be profitable when your clan tier is below 2 so make sure to take advantage of it while you can (profits will go from 1k down to 100). This is how I start the majority of my games and I never have financial issues now.
Also be careful keeping companions in your party before you are making lots of daily profit as they can cost up to 20/day themselves, also family members in your party can cost up to 30/day. Recruit that trader companion only once you got 15k

Back
Top Bottom