Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotfix 25/11/20
  • Fixed an issue that prevented weapon changing, dismounting, etc. while giving orders
(Gamepad/controller > Battle UI stuff)

Surely the issue was that weapon was being changed, dismounting etc while giving orders - not that anything was preventing that (something should prevent it...).
Solved - 1.5.5 Beta - Xbox Controller & Radial UI Issues | TaleWorlds Forums

Anyway, it doesn't appear to have been fixed. It actually appears to be worse in some cases - e.g. on X/X - character still dismounts on first order, and on second level order the right stick now moves some cursor within the radial menu, so you have no control over where your troops actually move to... Selecting a formation group drops your equipped weapon.

I take it the 'some cursor' is the selection circle referred to on the next patch note? Doesn't make sense if it's controlled by the right stick, which is also supposed to control character viewpoint to choose where to place troops... Pre-hotfix option selected within the radial menu was (I think; can't check) controlled by the left stick, though without the selection circle. Now, the character can move (left stick) while giving orders, but can't change viewpoint (s/be right stick).

Selection circle moves on an invisible circle within the radial menu, which is not the same size as the radial menu, and is not centred within it - it is flush to the inner edge of the radial menu at the top, but a significant gap at the bottom. Weird, sluggish, not very good.

Last edited:
Slaughtering sheep, cows, hogs now also gives hide. -Love this

Also: allowed cities to host tournaments during sieges Wait.. what? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, warriors must be prepared for enemy's attempts to take over the city at any second... so let them exhaust themselves in a tournament fights with wooden sticks.

*City garrisson*: Soldiers, we're under attack! Ready your weapons!
RaAArgh!
maxresdefault.jpg

Well god damn boys, they ****ing did it!

Children are now activated in the world (can be selected for party leader/governor/heir) and are even getting married to start the 3rd generation, we got generation gameplay now.

New born children will spawn in the game with good equipment but still with no skills (education update will fix im sure).

I am vlandian man and my wife is aserai, so it seems the equipment of the child will be a preset from the faction that matches the parent of the same gender(boys got vlandian gear, girl got aserai). Seems to be the same for AI kids.
tHld2.jpg
SqcDr.jpg
AWdls.jpg

Just a heads up this was a new game in 1.5.5 but before this most recent hotfix so there is a chance it is backwards compatible. Would be great if someone could test this with a old save.

Last edited:

Children are now activated in the world (can be selected for party leader/governor) and are even getting married to start the 3rd generation, we got generation gameplay now.

New born children will spawn in the game with equipment but still with no skills (education update will fix im sure).

I am vlandian man and my wife is aserai, so it seems the equipment of the child will be a preset from the faction that matches the parent of the same gender(boys got vlandian gear, girl got aserai). Seems to be the same for AI kids.
tHld2.jpg
SqcDr.jpg
AWdls.jpg

Great news in these sad OP archers days :razz:

Thanks for the info!

Children are now activated in the world (can be selected for party leader/governor/heir) and are even getting married to start the 3rd generation, we got generation gameplay now.

New born children will spawn in the game with good equipment but still with no skills (education update will fix im sure).

tHld2.jpg
SqcDr.jpg
AWdls.jpg

Just a heads up this was a new game in 1.5.5 but before this most recent hotfix so there is a chance it is backwards compatible. Would be great if someone could test this with a old save.

Dope, thanks for all your testing Bloody Grpyphon. You and Terco_Viejo are truly working hard to provide meaningful feedback and test features. I really appreciate it and mad respect from one fan of BL to another.

tHld2.jpg
SqcDr.jpg
AWdls.jpg

Now if we can get player marriage between clans turned on we will be all good to go

Ok confirmed after testing some saved battles I use as reference, devs have broken the game again and archers are ultra OP again, similar to pre 1.5.3 levels. Well done...

Yes, let's destroy the singleplayer balancing just to make captain mode players happier who probably represent 1% of the playerbase. Maybe I am wrong and most of the people do not care at all about this, but I find this to be a pretty huge issue. This game is all about battles and you have just made battles 0 challenging and 0 enjoyable again because archers are ultra OP and kill everything.
Archers performance in a nutshell:

- Broken and pretty OP since the release. Some SP and even MP guys were complaining. I posted some videos where archers performed infinitely better than cav and infantry units and were able to decimate x3 or x4 stronger AI armies.
- Patch 1.5.3 - Archers got a pretty big and deserved nerf but it was probably in a wrong way (they missed a lot of shoots if you tested them in 1v1 engagements) but the result was great and archers were pretty well balanced (in SP) in 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. On the other hand, captain mode players complained a lot about archers missing shots because shock infantry was overperforming and captain mode was pretty unbalanced.
- Patch 1.5.5 - Devs fixed the archers AI and made them OP again but at least they were not as broken as pre-1.5.3 patch. Some people started complaining about archers, even in multiplayer I have read people complaining about archers again.
- 1.5.5 Hotfix - Archers AI got improved again without giving any nerf for archers damage or reloading speed, so the result is archers broken again and vastly overperforming same tier cavalry and infantry units. Currently, 1 tier 5 archer is like x3 more effective than a tier 5 infantry/cavalry unit.

I just hope that this is a mistake and devs will deal with this issue, otherwise I am pretty much done with this game until I learn how to mod it effectively and fix this bad balancing for myself.
Download patch atm so I haven't seen yet, but IMO ranged was too derpy. A enemy HA formation could just keep riding back and forth with out any losses for way too long, indicates something is just bad with the ranged AI. However I don't like the nerfing ranged without buffing Cav and Inf first is right. I feel like Inf and Cav just plain die too easily (to anything)and this really needs to be addressed at some point. Bringing ranged down to their performance level just make the game suck tbh.

I really do support that they should treat captain mode/MP completely different then SP! It's completely different to have balance for 10 minute game VRS a 100+ hour game where every unit loss = time to replace it! In SP we want to minimize trades, in captain mode it doesn't matter because you get a fresh party every battle. A daring attack or use of shock melee is fine in Captain, but in SP it would be a big time sink to raise up troops just to lose most of them in 1 battle and can be detrimental since you must plan for fighting near endless sequential battles sometimes..

Download patch atm so I haven't seen yet, but IMO ranged was too derpy. A enemy HA formation could just keep riding back and forth with out any losses for way too long, indicates something is just bad with the ranged AI. However I don't like the nerfing ranged without buffing Cav and Inf first is right. I feel like Inf and Cav just plain die too easily (to anything)and this really needs to be addressed at some point. Bringing ranged down to their performance level just make the game suck tbh.

I really do support that they should treat captain mode/MP completely different then SP! It's completely different to have balance for 10 minute game VRS a 100+ hour game where every unit loss = time to replace it! In SP we want to minimize trades, in captain mode it doesn't matter because you get a fresh party every battle. A daring attack or use of shock melee is fine in Captain, but in SP it would be a big time sink to raise up troops just to lose most of them in 1 battle and can be detrimental since you must plan for fighting near endless sequential battles sometimes..

I am not against anything which means better AI, as far as the AI would be something more or less realistic. Archers are pretty much AK47 currently and fire tons of arrows per minute with high precision, which I really find unnecessary.

Sure, making the AI missing tons of shoots was not a great way to nerf archers and it is ok if the AI gets improved again, but not without making extra changes to not completely break the balancing again.

Cavalry AI needs a lot of work to get improved and this will make things better for sure but, how would you improve infantry AI to face archers? Infantry AI is already using shield wall but this is not enough, there are a lot of unshielded units and they get simply massacred really fast by my archers. Maybe improving the shield wall animation? And what about these units with smaller shields? To be honest, while infantry AI could still have some margin for improvements, I believe that there is not much to do to improve the current situation (maybe I am wrong here but it is the way I see it).

So yes, any AI improvement is welcome as far as it does not look unnecessarily unrealistic and unnatural. I am pretty sure that even the best archers were no able to fire such amount of arrows per minute with so much precision like archers in this game.

I am not against anything which means better AI, as far as the AI would be something more or less realistic. Archers are pretty much AK47 currently and fire tons of arrows per minute with high precision, which I really find unnecessary.

Sure, making the AI missing tons of shoots was not a great way to nerf archers and it is ok if the AI gets improved again, but not without making extra changes to not completely break the balancing again.

Cavalry AI needs a lot of work to get improved and this will make things better for sure but, how would you improve infantry AI to face archers? Infantry AI is already using shield wall but this is not enough, there are a lot of unshielded units and they get simply massacred really fast by my archers. Maybe improving the shield wall animation? And what about these units with smaller shields? To be honest, while infantry AI could still have some margin for improvements, I believe that there is not much to do to improve the current situation (maybe I am wrong here but it is the way I see it).

So yes, any AI improvement is welcome as far as it does not look unnecessarily unrealistic and antinatural. I am pretty sure that even the best archers were no able to fire such amount of arrows per minute with so much precision as archers in this game.

Lower tier archer units should take longer to fire in my opinion.

Lower tier archer units should take longer to fire in my opinion.

Sure but we would still have tier 5 archers wrecking everything. The thing is that having +50 tier 5 archers is actually pretty easy to achieve and you do not need much effort to get them. If we would be talking just about Fian Champions being OP I could live with that but Tier 5 archers wrecking everyone is simply not funny.

Anyway, I want to remark that I am not saying that giving nerfs for archers is the only way to go, just that something has to chance for fixing this issue at all. If devs manage to create a great AI to make infantry able to advance without getting wrecked by archers, I would love for sure this improvement, but I really doubt that this will happen because it looks like a really hard task to do.

how would you improve infantry AI to face archers? Infantry AI is already using shield wall but this is not enough, there are a lot of unshielded units and they get simply massacred really fast by my archers.
Honestly I would just add magical shield radius like warband for SP and adjust so that shield unit could survive and have the shield HP/stats be the factor in how long they can last against ranged. Also let them move with shield up more freely (in SP) and not do the 'up-down shield pumping' thing they do as they move. If the human players want to out flank them and shoot them in the back(or feets) FINE, but when they approach head on they should covered and only lower tier infantry should get their shield blasted of easily, t4-6 should be reasonably able to close in...... of course as a human you can always out play this but it would be more then just sitting and shooting.

IMO ranged should mostly be effective against t1-4 units, punishing fodder units and clearing it up for the heavy hitters. I would have the armor/damage calculation works so heavy armored units could take a lot more shots. I would have heavy cav be the ultimate weapon but be offset with even more difficulty in obtaining them and maintaining them, but make them a devastating weapon that must be answered directly or they massacre lower tier troops with near invincibility.

As far as the offensive issues with Cav and Inf I really still don't understand why they miss their attacks or get hit enough to really say what should change.
I would absolutely make sure higher tier units can land a hit over lower tiers, other wise there's not much point in them. Also AI has no business swinging their weapons against other AI if it's not going to connect...... if it gest blocked of they get staggered that's fine but whiffing is stupid, AI doesn't dodge or anything like that so AI missing attacks shows a serious problem. If they want to simulate some incompetency with lower tier troops, fine, but t4+ has no business wiffing.

Good morning all,

Since the hotflix of 25/11, is the death of characters in combat imposed?
The option to deactivate it has disappeared and I just saw a notification saying that a lord had died in combat (although I had indeed deactivated it when creating the game).

It was initially visible in the campaign options, it is no longer.

Thank you in advance

Good morning all,

Since the hotflix of 25/11, is the death of characters in combat imposed?
The option to deactivate it has disappeared and I just saw a notification saying that a lord had died in combat (although I had indeed deactivated it when creating the game).

It was initially visible in the campaign options, it is no longer.

Thank you in advance
It seems that on ongoing campaign where death was disabled it has been enabled wothout the players' wishes and the option to disable it on a ongoing campaign via the campaign options was remobed with the initial beta update

It seems that on ongoing campaign where death was disabled it has been enabled without the players' wishes and the option to disable it on a ongoing campaign via the campaign options was removed with the initial beta update
Yep just noticed this bug and it would be good to get fixed as while I was impressed by how lethal it was, I only fought one battle with companion casualties and one third of wounded companions died, it's not what I'd signed up for in this campaign so was a little irked. The loss of over 100,000 golds worth of gear on them probably added to that.

Ok, it's unplayable.

3 battles, 3 lords died in the fighting.

I stop the game because if it continues, in 6 months, there will only be 8-year-old babies left to lead the clans to war (for those who have them).

I hope that the devs will notice this bug and that they will release a fix very soon.

Back
Top Bottom