Prophecy of Pendor, a lesson in writing

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a little correction, comparing with native warband, Pendor takes more on "family" and give less freedom for player's background and path, you feel POP better because there are more variety of minor factions and deep designs, but technically speaking POP doesn't support things like rogue style play.
Having a family at the begining(espcially those family members are created by you too) is a improve from warband, in warband your father only appears during the dialogue in character creation menu, and I wouldn't claim that as an advantage, nevertheless in Pendor you are technically roleplaying the last Heir of old royal house of pendor, that's a bit less freedom from bannerlord, though I prefer being a hidden prince than a random guy :fruity:

Bannerlord should be compared with warband, and that's almost 200% improvement, which gave our beloved PoP a even better platform to rebirth.

+1

Just a little correction, comparing with native warband, Pendor takes more on "family" and give less freedom for player's background and path, you feel POP better because there are more variety of minor factions and deep designs, but technically speaking POP doesn't support things like rogue style play.
Having a family at the begining(espcially those family members are created by you too) is a improve from warband, in warband your father only appears during the dialogue in character creation menu, and I wouldn't claim that as an advantage, nevertheless in Pendor you are technically roleplaying the last Heir of old royal house of pendor, that's a bit less freedom from bannerlord, though I prefer being a hidden prince than a random guy :fruity:

Bannerlord should be compared with warband, and that's almost 200% improvement, which gave our beloved PoP a even better platform to rebirth.
Sorry but your correction does not hold up. Warband makes you choose a family background too. The freedom is literally the same, and even in Bannerlord is the same thing, the difference in Bannerlord is that you see them in the screen, see, the three games are built on the same concept, you decide on your parents, your childhood, your adolescence and your present.
in Pendor you are technically roleplaying the last Heir of old royal house of pendor, that's a bit less freedom from bannerlord
This is wrong too. First of all, you don't forcefully start as the heir of the throne, that's just a char screen option you can choose from (the one that says that you recieve a letter that changes your life), the other choices don't force this upon you. As I've said before the three build the same concept, but the difference is that both Warband and Pendor do not give you a present family and in Pendor you start roaming around in the map, and you basically can just skip every part of the chat creation and do your own thing, meanwhile in Bannerlord, you have like 2 brothers and a sister and a whole clan, so I don't know how do you call this freedom, I do not like being forced to be with people I don't know at all, and apparently with a clan with a banner even if you choose to be a poor dude from the wilds.
Also, Bannerlord may be an improvement over Warband graphically and in a lot of QoL issues, but I wouldn't call it a 200% improvement, its still as stale and repetitive as Warband and the lack of ideas, characters and world building shows, it really shows. The fights are fun in BL, but during peace time it's a waiting for something to happen simulator.
Please do read better my OP because I feel you just skipped most of it and went on to defend Bannerlord for no reason, I think my criticism is more than valid.
Sry does we compare now a early access game with a mod of a different/older game here?
It's like oblivion was better as skyrim because oblivion was more fleshed out... Than.. Morrowind was better as oblivion in terms of character development... and so on.

Yeah, I agree that there must something be done to make the game more unique and less a casual braindeads game, but do you think this is the right way? For myself it sounds to aggressive
I barely understood your point, or you completely misunderstood mine, but please try to phrase it correctly. I think PoP is not only better than Warband, it's also better than Bannerlord, in many ways actually. Of course I can compare Bannerlord to a mod, this mod makes the world 100% times more fleshed out than the sequel of said game, and it's because the quality of the writing. Please read it correctly, I don't know what you're in about, I really don't understand how this can be taken as aggressive, it's criticism, and we're more than allowed to make it.

Last edited:
Boy the Bannerlord defend at all costs crew is out in force. 'Trolls" and "aggressive" behavior is the way they encounter differing opinions. I like Bannerlord obviously, but it is a shell compared to a lot of Warband mods.

Last edited:
Boy the Bannerlord defend at all costs crew is out in force. 'Trolls" and "aggressive" behavior is the way they encounter differing opinions. I like Bannerlord obviously, but it is a shell compared to a lot of Warband mods.
I wouldn't mind they defended it if they at least took the time to read the post and gave arguments with facts that hold up to what they're saying, it's really just blind defense

Just my 2 cent to the "compare beta to mods" argument. TW had what, 8-10 years time to learn from modders how their engine could be brought to full blossom and then they delivered - THAT?
My hopes of getting something great after the EA has diminished - despite my hopes.
So, sorry for the devs, only modders will bring back the joy of a real Mount&Blade, I am sure.
Michael

Well... tbh propeshy of pendor is a master piece.

It have everything I wanted on bannerlord.

Dont forget about custom orders, not only enchanced rpg component, aswell made you to focus for many hours on improve them until your army can outperform even noldors, was perfect.

Somethimes I simply cant understand companies. You have a really well defined top 3 mods of warband, improved graphics and a lot of players asking for the same changes.

Why you dont want your game to success?

Well... tbh propeshy of pendor is a master piece.

It have everything I wanted on bannerlord.

Dont forget about custom orders, not only enchanced rpg component, aswell made you to focus for many hours on improve them until your army can outperform even noldors, was perfect.

Somethimes I simply cant understand companies. You have a really well defined top 3 mods of warband, improved graphics and a lot of players asking for the same changes.

Why you dont want your game to success?

Sadly from everything I've heard I get the feeling that the developers are happy with what Bannerlord is currently, and that to think that the game deserves additions or improvements of certain systems seems to the developers something not useful or necessary.
Because they have a vision of the game that is very restricted and very limited to what the community imagines.
and obviously some fans seem to have accepted the choices of the developers by putting all the hopes on the modders which is for me a terrible mistake that can kill the game

Sadly from everything I've heard I get the feeling that the developers are happy with what Bannerlord is currently,
Lol did you read this on Troll discord ? xD I mean i can take people having valid opinions but seeing you for long enough just stinks it with all your ****posting

maybe but your comment just smacks of denial and rage and he does not advance the debate
lol thats your fetish not mine ^^ im having a nice cup of tea here as im enjoying the game and trying to make some valid debates...Your kind is not those. Youre just here to ****talk everything....

Believe me i have my fair share of frustrations during the development and still does, but seeing you people just makes me laugh.
However i dont like constant ****talking people spreading false information all the time either trying to manipulate the crowd for their own amusement or interests. But im also aware that there are people out there that have troubles in their lives channelizing it in here instead

Last edited:
lol thats your fetish not mine ^^ im having a nice cup of tea here as im enjoying the game

yeah that's not what you feel with your enthusiasm to insult

well, you have every right to complain about minor things like balancing, batanians, or formations.
lack of content is also a problem at the same level whether you like it or not

and no, it's not up to modders to fill this void entirely

Please don't turn this thread into flaming and bating. I have read too that the devs are "happy" with the game, I know for sure they will continue adding features, but like I've already said, I don't think they will add something substantial that makes the game what prophesy of pendor made out of Warband. As a Warband Sequel it stands out, as a standalone game is as stale and poorly written as Warband was, that is an undeniable truth shamefully, we shouldn't deny this issues, but actually we should raise awareness, despite we are hopeful or not on the game's succeed and growth, it doesn't matter if it's Early Access, the criticism of the bad current state has to be addreased nonetheless. Bannerlord can't just be a base game for modders to build in, it has to be a standalone experience.

Please don't turn this thread into flaming and bating. I have read too that the devs are "happy" with the game, I know for sure they will continue adding features, but like I've already said, I don't think they will add something substantial that makes the game what prophesy of pendor made out of Warband. As a Warband Sequel it stands out, as a standalone game is as stale and poorly written as Warband was, that is an undeniable truth shamefully, we shouldn't deny this issues, but actually we should raise awareness, despite we are hopeful or not on the game's succeed and growth, it doesn't matter if it's Early Access, the criticism of the bad current state has to be addreased nonetheless. Bannerlord can't just be a base game for modders to build in, it has to be a standalone experience.
So the question stands. Was Warband really good in your mind without mods ? Second do you really think that they ment that they are happy with the game as its "happy in an finished state type of ?", Third: Do you personally think that this state that its in is almost finished right now ?
However there is some stuff in game they shouldn't be happy about though, which they already said they are trying to fix

Dont get me wrong....Im also down for an epic in depth written game like ex Kotor once where, which is hard to see these days. But we have to be resonable asw to be an follow up to Warband, which ofc needs more features to get to but its not like its an whole new game production just for that.
Heck they are even in the making of rebellions and perhaps alliances now that the crowd wanted which wasnt in Warband vanilla
More good combat maps are needed to and i hope they are working on a solution to that

Last edited:
So the question stands. Was Warband really good in your mind without mods ?
Yes, back then (8 years ago when I played it) it was good. I don´t care about graphics.

Now Bannerlord has good graphics and that´s mostly all it has.

Question:

What does Bannerlord has that Warband didn´t had? Not talking about graphics/UI/QoL stuff.

The non working child system is the only thing that comes into my mind...

Thats your problem, you compare Bannerlord (2020) to Warband (2010)...and when it comes down to depth, Warband > Bannerlord.

Do you also compare GTA 5 (2013) with GTA 1 (1997)? But even if you do, GTA 5 has huge improvements....while Bannerlord still is a **** show...

Do we compare Mario (NES) to Mario (Switch)?

The only thing Bannerlord is good at is the engine (huge battles), that´s all. That´s what makes Bannerlord unique, not the "quests" or a barber!

Bannerlord isn´t a good sandbox game, it´s a mass battle medieval "simulator". Warband was that too with worse graphics. But in Warband stuff did make more sense (RoR)....

Also nobody talks about beeing Bannerlord to be Kotor or any other good story game...but as a fanboy, you don´t understand this.

Keep comparing this game to a 10 year old game and say this is fine....

Last edited:
Yes, back then (12 years ago when I played it) it was good. I don´t care about graphics.

Now Bannerlord has good graphics and that´s mostly all it has.

Question:

What does Bannerlord has that Warband didn´t had? Not talking about graphics/UI.

The non working child system is the only thing that comes into my mind...
Agree i didnt fell in love with M&B for the graphics either and was hoping they where more concentrating on other stuff then that which wasnt the case, well partly. Some things i tend to like though with the graphics and effects updates since it also affects the battlefields tactics like weather and more dust coming up from sand and such.
Well you can now concentrating to play more as an bandit as an example. In Warband you could do that to but it was mostly to raid villagers and kill traders. Rebellions are on its way as said. You can smith your own cool weapons. You can manipulate the court. You can make an family as you said of which you can play as, You have the option to buy yourself a kingdom which i cant remember you where able to in Warband.... What more....

Yes, as mentioned, there can be PoP mods in Bannerlord, too. For TW, I’d say getting the engine and modding tools right is far more important than the vanilla campaign.

Back
Top Bottom