Prophecy of Pendor, a lesson in writing

Users who are viewing this thread

SaxonDragon (originator of PoP mod) on asked about creating a believable and intersting backdrop World:

"We can have a whole very long and involved conversation on this.

From a fantasy world perspective, and doing it by hand, ie.. the computer does not create via procedural generation any of this for you, the trick is a few realizations.

1. History should be told from the perspective of a character in the world with his/her own biases and informational standpoint.
  2. Characters are all flawed and will not necessarily tell the truth.
  3. As an Author, READ everything you can get your hands on regarding history, science fiction and fantasy. Throw in some mystery and horror to get exposed to plot twists.
  4. After a while you can just look at a map and imagine what is there, and from that it literally all falls into place.
Just define a culture and imagine what the people would be like, write that down and then ask "What if" questions. "What would Ulric do if he discovered his grandfather was a murderer and tarnished the family name?" Would he try to set it right or try to hide the fact? If he tried to hide it, how would he do it?

Create bone structures of your main characters and know how to project yourself into their "skin"."

~Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/dbgcfa/this_is_jim_landes_aka_saxondragon_a_founder_of/

Interesting he doesnt knock the possibility for a PoP2 for Bannerlord
Very interesting dude, thanks for sharing. PoP in Bannerlord would be majestic as ****, I can't imagine the possibilities.
hYxGwuQ.png

So is this some good writing for you ? Vanilla game to add :smile: Tw you cheeky you lol
amish-kingpin.jpg

I mean its not an novel yet but an good start.. Would be cool if there was an text that differs from each war they where active in
I'm sorry but this isn't good writing neither, putting a wall of text that is barely readable with info that's totally unrelated to the action the player is doing is not a good idea, there are better places and situations to give the player information. And I'm not being nitpicky, I just don't think that the story of Calradian aristocrats has anything to do with a village being raided at all.

Very interesting dude, thanks for sharing. PoP in Bannerlord would be majestic as ****, I can't imagine the possibilities.

I'm sorry but this isn't good writing neither, putting a wall of text that is barely readable with info that's totally unrelated to the action the player is doing is not a good idea, there are better places and situations to give the player information. And I'm not being nitpicky, I just don't think that the story of Calradian aristocrats has anything to do with a village being raided at all.

You can't reason with this guy, it's best just to ignore him.

You can't reason with this guy, it's best just to ignore him.
No need to be rude im just sharing some stuff from game of which i found interesting starting to grow. Havent seen it before until now

But its a start :smile: And i found it pretty intriguing being a novel writer myself for the lore that is and since you craved for it and all :smile: Maybe some one in the village told you this or your companion who knows...sure could be more refined but at least its growing

Last edited:
Calm down my dude, cease the Ad Hominem. Argue the point, not the person.

What? He has insulted numerous times in the past week, you tell him to argue the point. That's not ad hominem buddy, learn your definitions of words; that's called the truth. I am fine, thanks.

Last edited:
What? He has insulted numerous times in the past week, you tell him to argue the point. That's not ad hominem buddy, learn your definitions of words; that's called the truth. I am fine, thanks.
Insulted you ? now im getting offended,,Think we should stay civil now and move on. Not my problem you dont like the game, cant take jokes and gets angry when i share something or wanting to discuss

Last edited:
Insulted you ? now im getting offended,,Think we should stay civil now and move on. Not my problem you dont like the game and gets angry when i share something or wanting to discuss

Civil? Oh my God.... that's rich. You troll every thread that's in any way critical of the game, keep posting, this just gets funnier and funnier.

Civil? Oh my God.... that's rich. You troll every thread that's in any way critical of the game, keep posting, this just gets funnier and funnier.
Yes youre clearly angry and need to calm down,...Lying dont help either

Insulted you ? now im getting offended,,Think we should stay civil now and move on. Not my problem you dont like the game, cant take jokes and gets angry when i share something or wanting to discuss

if you consider that picking up errors or not in accordance with everything that has been done by the developers is just being a troll or not liking the game, at this moment with you also do not love you too bannerlord mister shinobi , to see you notice flaws all time in the game whether on optimization or on balancing

You two need to stop derailing, now lets move on...this has nothing to do with the post and you two clearly seems to have some sort of personal beef with both the game and me...Send me a message instead, im being a sport about it even if you two having the need to insult

You two need to stop derailing, now lets move on...this has nothing to do with the post and you two clearly seems to have some sort of personal beef with both the game and me...Send me a message instead, im being a sport about it even if you two having the need to insult

I want to move on, but understand one thing. I don't agree with a lot of things from taleworlds like a lot of people, but face it we don't have the same desires for what we would like from the game, you don't agree with my words if you want, but remain a minimum respectful and understanding of other opinions

I want to move on, but understand one thing. I don't agree with a lot of things from taleworlds like a lot of people, but face it we don't have the same desires for what we would like from the game, you don't agree with my words if you want, but remain a minimum respectful and understanding of other opinions
Not sure where youre are coming in on this...This is between me and Steve...Why are you talking right now is the question. As i said if you have something personal text me instead

One of my biggest Bannerlord let downs is the factions. Like in every aspect they're just completely underwhelming.

The Characters - Literally 0 personality or uniqueness to them, hell I don't even know most of the faction leaders names.
The Lore - They have their own backstories but really meh, there's no other history or information you can find about them.
The Aesthetics - Again nothing really stands out, there's no factions that look amazing. Not to mention the color coding bull****, literally obsoletes half the armors because they look **** in certain colors.
The Battles - They all feel the same to fight with and against. The literal only unique thing is Sturgian's hold their shields higher...
The Scenes - They're ok, although limited in number right now. Nothing that really makes you impressed on first sight though.

I really think they contribute to the boredom, none of them are fun or feel worth playing for.

Yes, I am angry lol :iamamoron: , right.... as I said you are a fantastic gas lighter. Just comic stuff here.

Both of you should cut it out, last warning for you both.

Last edited:
Both of you should cut it out, last warning for you both.
tenor.gif

The Characters - Literally 0 personality or uniqueness to them, hell I don't even know most of the faction leaders names.
The Battles - They all feel the same to fight with and against. The literal only unique thing is Sturgian's hold their shields higher...

I really think they contribute to the boredom, none of them are fun or feel worth playing for.

I agree.

The battles are fun for sure and no other game has such awesome battles. But after you fought like 50+ battles they start to feel the same.

They are still fun though, but something is lacking. Like more AI tactics for example.

Back
Top Bottom