Prophecy of Pendor, a lesson in writing

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree.

The battles are fun for sure and no other game has such awesome battles. But after you fought like 50+ battles they start to feel the same.

They are still fun though, but something is lacking. Like more AI tactics for example.
They're possibly the best part of the game for me, but still they could be so much better in many ways.

They are still fun though, but something is lacking. Like more AI tactics for example.

My buddy Treebeard who created the new Battle Ai tactics routine called VICKY for Pendor (also used by The Last Days guys) - im trying to convince him to buy bannerlord and get back to modding. He singlehandedly Next-Gen'ed it

Y'know, there is a gameplay reason for why the PC in Bannerlord has a family, instead of just being on thier own like Warband.

Because of the clan system, family plays a much bigger role in Bannerlord (or at least will, once Taleworlds implements marriage between NPCs and gets the children growing up working). The questline of saving your siblings, from what I understand, is to give your clan a head start in growing.

Y'know, there is a gameplay reason for why the PC in Bannerlord has a family, instead of just being on thier own like Warband.

Because of the clan system, family plays a much bigger role in Bannerlord (or at least will, once Taleworlds implements marriage between NPCs and gets the children growing up working). The questline of saving your siblings, from what I understand, is to give your clan a head start in growing.
Whatever reason is poorly implemented and giving a player a family that repeats itself on and on in every playthrough and where the player has no choice on its very, very bad. You could start your own family by marrying and such, and that already gives the feeling of a clan without the need of having scripted siblings. In Warband the fact you could choose who you hired as a companion solved this and already gave a sensation of having a family, a clan, or a group.
So instead of starting alone and make yourself as family along the way, meeting people in your journey you start with these dudes you have no idea who they are, what is up brother I never met before please **** off my life, but no I guess I have to stick with these people, every single playthrough. You can't even plot to kill them in their sleep so they finally leave your life.

Yep ive been requested this but like Apocal says you can fail in that mission by dont do it at all which is a relief for now

Well...this game is dead. And while the Developers are enjoing sun and coctails they could to a favor to the world. Giving everything to the Modders Community. 4 free. And the Players have a Warband with better graphics. And PoP and other nice mods easily working without hours and hours testing to get mods working.
Would be the best for all :smile:
Im sooooo short of reinstalling PoP and playing Warband again. Tried to get the game working with 1.5.3 today. After a couple month waiting. And i failed...just 1 mod i wanted to play with. And its impossble for me to get it working...AHHHH somehow i hate this Team of Failbobs here. Must be hard working for this company. Getting treatened every day for working in one of the biggest Fail Teams on the world xD

Well...this game is dead. And while the Developers are enjoing sun and coctails they could to a favor to the world. Giving everything to the Modders Community. 4 free. And the Players have a Warband with better graphics. And PoP and other nice mods easily working without hours and hours testing to get mods working.
Im sooooo short of reinstalling PoP and playing Warband again. Tried to get the game working with 1.5.3 today. After a couple month waiting. And i failed...just 1 mod i wanted to play with. And its impossble for me to get it working...AHHHH somehow i hate this Team of Failbobs here. Must be hard working for this company. Getting treatened every day for working in one of the biggest Fail Teams on the world xD
Yep good thing :smile: lets move on

The battles are fun for sure and no other game has such awesome battles. But after you fought like 50+ battles they start to feel the same.

The problem is that the AI needs to be more intelligent. They need to use better tactics. They need to use novel tactics that surprise the player.

Yeah the beginning of this game was always so bizarre to me - the whole brother-our kids are kidnapped thingie just feels so rushed and more like a "hey i have an easy idea for the game opening mechanic! Short Conversation about family needing rescue, go meet a village elder, learn basic buying of goods/recruit soldiers/raid a hideout -voila! Accessible introduction to our game for the Console player and filthy casual!!"

This obviously wasnt for the seasoned Mount and Blade longtime fan -this is for the newbies -and not even well done at that. Heck ive been through a million of the Total War intros and (especially the older titles) their game welcoming narration has always been top notch -riveting and interesting.

Yeah the beginning of this game was always so bizarre to me - the whole brother-our kids are kidnapped thingie just feels so rushed and more like a "hey i have an easy idea for the game opening mechanic! Short Conversation about family needing rescue, go meet a village elder, learn basic buying of goods/recruit soldiers/raid a hideout -voila! Accessible introduction to our game for the Console player and filthy casual!!"

This obviously wasnt for the seasoned Mount and Blade longtime fan -this is for the newbies -and not even well done at that. Heck ive been through a million of the Total War intros and (especially the older titles) their game welcoming narration has always been top notch -riveting and interesting.
Loved the old Total War series <3 but i wasnt much for the story in them but yes the narrator was little more detailed then Warband for sure :smile:.... Three kingdom wasnt that bad except some not so fleshed out combat but it for sure had the diplomacy that was so long needed after years of absence

That's why the console kids love it. And yes, it is very poorly done.

Loved the old Total War series <3 but i wasnt much for the story in them.... Three kingdom wasnt that bad except some not so fleshed out combat but it for sure had the diplomacy that was so long needed after years of absence

You didnt like the narrators voice in Shogun 2 or Medieval or Empire? Wow ok -different tastes i guess. i find them welcoming and make the world feel rich as opposed to Bannerlord where some weird Giant Headed mute brother is just staring at you with some wifty dialogue thrown in

You didnt like the narrators voice in Shogun 2 or Medieval or Empire? Wow ok -different tastes i guess. i find them welcoming and make the world feel rich as opposed to Bannerlord where some weird Giant Headed mute brother is just staring at you with some wifty dialogue thrown in
Dont get me wrong, i loved those games but the narrators has always been annoying for me in all Total War games ^^ Even if they give you good intel and history. I always set them to lowest. Doesnt mean they are bad so to speak because they had some interesting and leading stories but i dont want to be lead what i should do so to speak.... Best part for me of ex Medieval was always the cut scenes with all the tactical philosophy and such :grin: Machiavelli in specific got my attention in Medieval 2 as i understood that he might been misunderstood an notch and an good tactician to

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, i loved those games but the narrators has always been annoying for me in all Total War games ^^ Even if they give you good intel and history. I always set them to lowest. Doesnt mean they are bad so to speak because they had some interesting and leading stories but i dont want to be lead what i should do so to speak.... Best part of ex Medieval was always the cut scenes with all the tactical philosophy and such :grin: Machiavelli in specific got my attention in Medieval 2 as i understood that he might been misunderstood

Well for this game id pay for some sort of cohesive narration of the world around me and current politics, leaders, cultures, places of interests -He** anything really !!

Well for this game id pay for some sort of cohesive narration of the world around me and current politics, leaders, cultures, places of interests -He** anything really !!
Yeah the opening in Warband wasnt the most fleshed out opening for sure...but when you realized what game it was it didnt mattered to much even if i dont personally liked to be doing the same narrated beginning all over every time...But luckily you could basically avoid it. However it lead you a little with an story that involved both combat and recruiting which is the basics so....and you could do an extra money mission to along with the merchant on the streets

For bannerlord well they are fleshing it out as we speak but takes time...I read a whole new lore yesterday that ive missed about the South Empire which i liked. Seems they are taking the deeper diplomacy things and story bit later in the production and mechanics first which i think is a good aproach. I can still RP with this so im not in hurry

Last edited:
Which mod?

I installed 1.5.3 last week with around 30 mods.

Back
Top Bottom