Damage in this game is Ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

A cast spear is quite powerful, true, but it's not a sniper rifle. It can deliver a very powerful aimed shot at very short range, or an unaimed volley at relatively short range. Javelins were mostly used in volleys around 20 meters. Plus they need a wind-up movement.
That's akin to the looters's rock issue, most thrown weapons are excessively accurate with excessive terminal velocity and too fast casting.

It cant move faster with similar weight. Becouse a=f\m. Same person has same force, so acceleration will be the same

Not if you sprint before throwing... What I find a bit hard to believe is the piercing of iron bit. That`s a bit much for a javelin. Gambeson yeah, sure, leather, why not... but iron ? I don`t buy that. And all javellin users being homing satellites that head shot you in most cases is a bit much as well, I can`t imagine those things being deadly at more than 20 paces...

What I find a bit hard to believe is the piercing of iron bit. That`s a bit much for a javelin. Gambeson yeah, sure, leather, why not... but iron ? I don`t buy that.
With needle type of point like Pilum you can pierce mail like a bodkin arrow. But with broad point.... i am not sure.

They should rerowk whole damage system.

For example:

Broad point - more damage but less Armor pierece
Thin point - less damage but more AP.

Not if you sprint before throwing..
And dont forget that we are talking not about olympic lvl of throwing.

Top tier javs have 120+ damage "from the box" so even 14 years old skinny girl (0 throwing skill) will oneshot kill a guy in a chainmail.

Last edited:
Warband:
>armor did something
>higher troops tier had Power Strike/etc and Ironflesh
>proficiency had actually pretty good effect on troops
Which mean that high teir troops would go straight through fooder because they could take damage and swing faster and hit harder.
Now Bannerlord
>armor is wet paper(for some weapon types)
>speed bonus is very high on some weapons
>damage is much higher on weapon(especially javelins and 2 handed SWING weapons)
>no Power Strikes/etc
>perks don't work for regular troops only for lords
>skills level(weapon proficiency) barely have effect(unless on Lords with Perks and extra high skill levels)
>weapon balance is non exiting and 2handing swing weapons are often faster than one handers
Thats mean in melee units with high damage reach weapon kill extra fast and quantity>quality because of glitching and mobbing.
Its mess.

With needle type of point like Pilum you can pierce mail like a bodkin arrow. But with broad point.... i am not sure.

They should rerowk whole damage system.

For example:

Broad point - more damage but less Armor pierece
Thin point - less damage but more AP.

Indeed like you said the type of arrowhead is crucial for all types of projectiles in real life.

Broadpoint is meant to cut material, like the several layers of linen used in gambesons but will usually bounce on chainmail and iron even at close range.

However light bodkin types ( not just thin but wih a specific thicker shape ) will have a better penetration against hard surfaces but will do worse against gambesons than the broadcutter type. I would love to see this implemented too.

For javelins, there were extremely powerful and historians still debate why exactly they fell out of use in some parts of the world ( main reason put forward is the advent crossbows and decline of the number of shields used in warfare but it is still debated )

But deadly it was :

Damage is ok i just wish the ai was not all neo 360 spin head shot with a axe at 100 yards like wtf 1980s ai code.Also whe you are in arena and there is another 2 hitting each other why do they stop for 10 secs staring at each other,

Damage is ok i just wish the ai was not all neo 360 spin head shot with a axe at 100 yards like wtf 1980s ai code.Also whe you are in arena and there is another 2 hitting each other why do they stop for 10 secs staring at each other,
I always wondered about that, I kinda like it as it looks like they just got tired and decided to take a breather. It also makes it a little harder for the player to wait out a fight that they are in and then let the winner of the other one finish their enemy off for them. It does really grate in the mixed ones where they are getting shot by other sides while having this break.

Warband:
>armor did something
>higher troops tier had Power Strike/etc and Ironflesh
>proficiency had actually pretty good effect on troops
Which mean that high teir troops would go straight through fooder because they could take damage and swing faster and hit harder.
Now Bannerlord
>armor is wet paper(for some weapon types)
>speed bonus is very high on some weapons
>damage is much higher on weapon(especially javelins and 2 handed SWING weapons)
>no Power Strikes/etc
>perks don't work for regular troops only for lords
>skills level(weapon proficiency) barely have effect(unless on Lords with Perks and extra high skill levels)
>weapon balance is non exiting and 2handing swing weapons are often faster than one handers
Thats mean in melee units with high damage reach weapon kill extra fast and quantity>quality because of glitching and mobbing.
Its mess.
Very nice summary and comparison. Combat in Bannerlord feels wrong in many aspects as it is.

Very nice summary and comparison. Combat in Bannerlord feels wrong in many aspects as it is.

The list is just jumbled up mess of fake info and misconceptions for the sake of bashing the game based on rosy colored faulty memories of a previous game that was hardly any different.

If you're having problems with looter rocks then you're riding too fast towards looter rocks. I had problems with the rocks on day one, then I adapted, and now there's no problem at all.

Same goes for every other damage type. Riding full pelt at someone trying to kill you is very dangerous, as it should be. If the guy you're charging at has a ranged weapon and you have his full attention, then don't do it. If he's melee, then make sure your aim is better and weapon is longer than his.

The list is just jumbled up mess of fake info and misconceptions for the sake of bashing the game based on rosy colored faulty memories of a previous game that was hardly any different.

This, except that Warband was worse in my opinion. Individual combat is more or less the only aspect of Bannerlord I actually really enjoy and which keeps me playing depite all the annoying rest.

I always wondered about that, I kinda like it as it looks like they just got tired and decided to take a breather. It also makes it a little harder for the player to wait out a fight that they are in and then let the winner of the other one finish their enemy off for them. It does really grate in the mixed ones where they are getting shot by other sides while having this break.
Yes i think they are just having a chat :smile: the ai they are so bad at times it is funny

a simple idea, have you seen those chamber block thingies once in a while ? not sure yet when it happens ...BUT !

in real life, a fully armored soldier is like a tank, you can't pierce that plates of steel, but you can stun him (i personnally tried taking a good longsword hit on the head with a steel helmet, don't abuse this :p )

so what i suggest is that this chamber block mecanism could be reproduced for some sort of armor save roll.

-> so heavy cloth and leather armor give a global damage reduction, but tough metallic aromr pieces give a percentage of neglecting an incoming hit, or at least changing it in a greatly reduced blunt hit.
this percentage can never reach 100% though (or that guy is already dead, drown in melted steel). Each armor part should have that extra score of coverage.

Then hitting an armored unit will make this awesome metallic noise :smile: or this satisfying wounding noise when your reached a weak point of your ennemy protection.

idk if sarcastic but even a single well placed stone throw with proper momentum on a fully plated knights head could cause blunt force trauma that could effectively make him dizzy atleast. what more 10 stones coming at you. it could potentially knock you out
Not really, no. Any armor effectively protected people from sling-stones let alone simply thrown rocks which is why slings fell out of use in periods where armor was common. think of it like this, you cannot generate any more force than you could with a punch by simply throwing an object, if you cant expect to punch thru a helmet why would you expect to throw an object through it?

think of it like this, you cannot generate any more force than you could with a punch by simply throwing an object, if you cant expect to punch thru a helmet why would you expect to throw an object through it?
I don't know about that. According to the Guiness Book of World Records, the fastest punch in the world is 43 mph, while the fastest pitch in baseball was 108 mph. I don't know the physics of it, but I think elbow and wrist action generate a lot more force on a throw than you could get with a punch. One way or another, no matter how good your helmet is, I have a feeling that a well-thrown rock to the head would at least ring your bell.

Back
Top Bottom