Damage in this game is Ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

I think Total War actually went away from it, these kind of features will not sell the game to normies, half naked demons will. However they still could do half naked demons and terrain at the same time.

I think that Total War has become quite a bit more "consolized" in that regard.

My favorite time with Total War was with Total War Shogun 2 - with a mod called Darthmod, which slowed down the fighting quite a bit.

If you'd rather fight average 3 hours with every battle in the game, sure, why not.

Most fights aren't that much longer - maybe 50-100% longer, but that's about it.

Drastic Battles is bugged or got rid of many features, or even worse both. I have disabled it and having more fun without it.

Yes - ultimately DB is never going to be as shall we say, drastic a change as RBM.

I think that they did the best they could given the constraints they were given - not changing the stats on the base game items, dealing with patches that frequently break things (a problem that RBM and any other major overhaul mod has to deal with), etc.

Personally I prefer RBM, but DB is for when I play with mods that don't support RBM.

Yes - ultimately DB is never going to be as shall we say, drastic a change as RBM.

I think that they did the best they could given the constraints they were given - not changing the stats on the base game items, dealing with patches that frequently break things (a problem that RBM and any other major overhaul mod has to deal with), etc.

Personally I prefer RBM, but DB is for when I play with mods that don't support RBM.
yea but DB doesn't work how it used to and many stuff do not work at all atm, not sure if patched yet.
And if AI cannot utilize what DB offers it just cheating, Mainly thing is Cavalry charge dmg. It's insane. I got 150 Cav and when I plow through enemy it mostly gets 50+ kills... just from one charge.. battles take 10 seconds.. AI is not able to defend against such thing. And neither is able to fully utilize cav charge as I do.
I got rid of DB until it gets fixed or gets configurability back.

I think Total War actually went away from it, these kind of features will not sell the game to normies, half naked demons will. However they still could do half naked demons and terrain at the same time.
Total War did go away from it, beginning with the retooling of the engine in Attila. It used to be that things like rain would greatly effect the speed of cavalry in Medieval 2, but all of that has been boiled away since then. Warhammer especially void of it and 3K/Troy barely even scratches the topic outside of very arcade-y mechanics.

You can actually set this up in the config file. Go to users/"user"/Documents/Mount and Blade II Bannerlord/Configs/RBMCombatModule and edit the config there, blunt factor of each weapon represents the percentage of damage absorbed by armor that is transferred into blunt trauma (trauma is further reduced depending on armor).
I guess the mod has changed since I last used it which was back in 1.4 or earlier. I remember it being pretty barebones + bannerlord removing the ability to manually edit xml files in native modules leading to me to uninstall until a friend pointed out Drastic.

Total War did go away from it, beginning with the retooling of the engine in Attila. It used to be that things like rain would greatly effect the speed of cavalry in Medieval 2, but all of that has been boiled away since then. Warhammer especially void of it and 3K/Troy barely even scratches the topic outside of very arcade-y mechanics.

Funny as long as i been gaming - i really still have no idea what Warhammer is but back in 1995 i did buy Warhammer Shadow of Horned Rat and it was the first RTS type game id ever played or heard of. Im sure i have rosey glasses on but i could have sworn it used terrain incredibly well and i dont really think games have advanced that aspect AT ALL

... I remember it being pretty barebones + bannerlord removing the ability to manually edit xml files in native modules leading to me to uninstall until a friend pointed out Drastic.
You said this before in another post which baffles me a bit. I change xml files all the day in native folders and it seems to work. For example I always edit the bows and crossbows, some armor, change some troop items and so on. In my current 1.7.0 campaign I changed the basic recruits of one culture to my custom troops and put the new units into spnpccharacters.xml in the SandBoxCore folder, and it works.

You said this before in another post which baffles me a bit. I change xml files all the day in native folders and it seems to work. For example I always edit the bows and crossbows, some armor, change some troop items and so on. In my current 1.7.0 campaign I changed the basic recruits of one culture to my custom troops and put the new units into spnpccharacters.xml in the SandBoxCore folder, and it works.
I have no idea what's going on with my game then as if I change my files I just get a straight CTD followed by a need to verify files to replace the modified ones. Specifically sp_items, I've never tried to modify the other set of XML's so I don't know if those work, but the spitems folder will immediately cause crashing with any modification.

I have no idea what's going on with my game then as if I change my files I just get a straight CTD followed by a need to verify files to replace the modified ones. Specifically sp_items, I've never tried to modify the other set of XML's so I don't know if those work, but the spitems folder will immediately cause crashing with any modification.
How do you mod it. If you for example open it in excel and then save it some original parts of the file will be lost (or wont be displayed to begin with) so thats guaranteed crash.

How do you mod it. If you for example open it in excel and then save it some original parts of the file will be lost (or wont be displayed to begin with) so thats guaranteed crash.
I use Notepad++ when editing XMl files and it tends to work for all other games where you can readily tweak XML files. The thing is that it used to work fine, back when this game had spitems as part of one giant XML file. But when the devs released an update that split it up into individual bits, suddenly any edit to any of those files is a hard crash immediately until files are verified/redownloaded.

Notepad++ is great for editing file, but not all game use those, Notepad++ is not same as window notepad, even similar in name. Normal Notepad is little risker to edit file, and can lead issues, so Notepad++ is more safe to edit file and help you aid not to mess up code stuff while normal notepad do not had this assist features.

Last I checked, Notepad++ is free, been long time it's installed to my computer for many year.

Back
Top Bottom