Resolved [AI] Infantry in defensive arrangement will not use shield to block arrows from horse archer

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
This bug can be reproduced both in custom game and campaign game:
Infantries in defensive arrangement (shield wall, circular, square) will not lift up their shield when they are facing horse archers, even though they will do that when there's no enemy in front of them or when they are facing archers or crossbowmen.

I found this problem since e1.4.x and I thought it's so obvious and serious that it would be fixed soon, so no need report. But sadly, it was not.

Last edited:
Hi, the QA team could not reproduce this issue. Can you upload a video of this bug to upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.
Uploaded two videos. Recorded in e1.5.3 but can be reproduced through all 1.5.x, without mod.
In the first one I command horse archers to hold fire, and the enemy's defensive arrangement works fine. Then I command my horse archers to fire, and the enemies all put down their shields.
In the second one I command my infantries to form a circle formation. They lift up their shields well before the horse archers begin to shoot. When the enemy's arrows come, my infantries who are facing the horse archers (or facing the arrows?) put down their shields. Infantry in other part of the formation still hold their shields.
I found that arrows from horse archer may be the reason or at least related: when infantries in defensive formation try to block arrows from horse archer, they will put down their shields.

Last edited:
I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom