Thoughts on Multiplayer Patch video?

Users who are viewing this thread

There should at least be something like 'verified clans.' The power of the blue checkmark has worked in a lot of other places.

Even if clans did have proper names, I could still go with something like RisenManifest and troll every server I joined.

It's how it works in most MMOs and there's no "chaos". First come first serve is the best.

That's a weak comparison. New MMOs don't have pre-established scenes. And I'm certain than MMOs that come out as sequels reserve clan titles for the major previous clans.

Not sure if I like this idea, guess it's a wait n' see how it works out.

I know it's probably far off but we need some form of Custom Servers and Modding tools.

Last Oasis came out around the same time as Bannerlord. Yea the community servers are not free and it doesn't have all the features because Early Alpha but... at least it's something.

Warband supported up to 250 players in a server, haven't seen a 200 player server since Talesworld first introduce Siege in Beta. I really hope optimization can be done so the game can run over 200 player servers ( maybe 400 player servers? I'm probably just wishing)

I dislike the Main servers they ran better in Beta. I can hardly play on EU with the game having massive input delay and lag spikes.

Established clans should have their names reserved from now, it's only fair. They even invited them in Bucharest for a tournament. If any of the big established clans get their name stolen, then it will backlash and rightfuly so.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill, I’m sure it wouldn’t take much for someone in taleworlds to transfer the names over to the actual clan from anyone who tries to troll it.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill, I’m sure it wouldn’t take much for someone in taleworlds to transfer the names over to the actual clan from anyone who tries to troll it.
Indeed; every established clan will take their name within the first 5 mins of the new beta launching. IF and thats a big IF a team of 6 people managed to get together to take a clan name purely for the purposes of trolling then maybe then clan could appeal. It might happen to one clan maybe... but needing 6 people at one time it's not going to be an easy process for your average troll. It's unlikely even a single clan name will get taken; and in the event they do.. yeah just appeal it.

First come - first served has worked for every other game ever. No reason Bannerlord needs to be a special exception.

First come, first serve is correct.
Clan names must be between 5 and 30 letters and can only be letters. Tags must be between 2-4, again only letters. Both needs to be unique.
I expected tags to be used in game before the name but I can't see it anywhere in code. Note that clan features are not final.
Is there any possibility of tags being extended to 6 characters? This will make it easier for my clan and others with longer tags to choose them instead of having to change the clan tag we've been using for the past 4 months. I run a fairly large NA clan (as of writing this our steam group has 124 members and our Discord has 287) and it would be very sad if we had to change our clan tag this far in :sad:

Also, will tags appear in-game so players no longer have to change their steam name?

Last edited:
Is there any possibility of tags being extended to 6 characters? This will make it easier for my clan and others with longer tags to choose them instead of having to change the clan tag we've been using for the past 4 months.

Also, will tags appear in-game so players no longer have to change their steam name?
Id like that aswell, we dont use an abbreviation on our clantag, and we've been using it for 10 years.

There are a lot of changes coming in this update that I really like. The clan system looks incredibly promising, it's going to make things much easier for us to host competitive events. The siege changes look interesting and feel like a fresh take on the gamemode, while I would rather see a Captain's Siege type game-mode replace it, it still looks very cool. I was excited to see the two new maps, I know the skirmish community is probably extremely happy to have gotten some very much needed variety. I was however just a little slightly disappointed that there were no Captain Mode maps added in this update, as we captain players only have 3 available maps to currently choose from. All in all this is some incredible work by the developer team and I'm very grateful for all their hard work and willingness to engage with the community. Perhaps in the patches following this next one we will see more variety added to the Captains Mode Maps? 2-3 new maps I think would breathe some life into the mode.

I wish the Banner making system would of been like Black Ops 2 emblem making, combat changes are a cool thing which is what I am hyped about wish there would be some plain old battle though.

Hello all,
I didn't work on it personally but here are answers to some questions I could find:

Please keep in mind nothing below is final and should be taken as official.
First come, first serve is correct.
Clan names must be between 5 and 30 letters and can only be letters. Tags must be between 2-4, again only letters. Both needs to be unique.
I expected tags to be used in game before the name but I can't see it anywhere in code. Note that clan features are not final.

Creating or joining a clan game requires 6-person party where every member is part of the same clan. So if you have 12 person that wants to test/train and you can get 2 groups of 6-person parties in same clan (or all 12 in same clan) you can do it.

As far as I know, there is no randomness involved in any part. Your opponent can be pseudo-random if you create a game without password and accept whoever wants to play against you. But even that is not really random.

Answered above.

It is pretty much same system with matchmaking. Only this time you can choose map, factions, game mode and a password if you want.

Creating a clan requires a 6-person party. Still possible but not as easy.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. That change was only for private testing servers. It does not affect live servers in any way. What it did was that we could change combat parameters while the game was still going so tester would see changes immediately.
Will you be able to multi clan?

Will you be able to multi clan?

No.

About other change requests, I think it would be better if you voiced them again after patch since nothing is final and it wouldn't be nice of me to go bother others about something I wasn't part of before the patch. I am already meddling with their task by talking about it.

Clan system sounds pretty good as is. Hopefully there wont be any issues with name sniping. As long as the proper people are on when the patch drops it should not be an issue. With that said I agree with Fietta and a quick reservation would make the process much less of a headache. If clan leaders are incapable of making a single post on the forums or hell even the steam discussion page how can they be expected to effectively lead a clan. This is a perfect opportunity for Callum to get involved as community manager and..you know...literally manage the community. Just a quick post saying "Hey if you want to make sure your clan name doesn't get sniped leave a quick post in here verifying that you lead the team whos tags you want to take."

It obviously is not 100% refined, but there is absolutely nothing stopping Taleworlds from adding additional features per player request as time goes on. It certainly is an excellent start

Last edited:
@azakhi Can multiple parties from the same clan fight simultaneously ? Let’s say 10 parties from the same clan do 5 matches is this possible ?
@Alyss @azakhi

This is something I have wondered too. If we want to play siege with 10 people for example, will this be possible? We already sometimes want to do this but because we have to go two seperate parties we also end up in different teams, that is 50% of times at least.

Would be really cool if you find a solution for this (if its not already in the making of course:grin: )

@azakhi Can multiple parties from the same clan fight simultaneously ? Let’s say 10 parties from the same clan do 5 matches is this possible ?

Yes, the only conditions to either create or join a clan match are:
- Have a 6-person party (all in lobby etc like matchmaking)
- Have all party members be member of the same clan

So you can have as many groups of 6-person parties from the same clan playing clan games either against another party from same clan or another clan

This is something I have wondered too. If we want to play siege with 10 people for example, will this be possible? We already sometimes want to do this but because we have to go two seperate parties we also end up in different teams, that is 50% of times at least.

Unfortunately only Captain and Skirmish mode is available for clan matches.

@azakhi
This is something you guys seriously need to consider. Bannerlord in comparison to Warband has a much better Siege atmosphere. The thing about sieges is that they become extremely enjoyable once you start doing organized attacks/defends. I mean the added value of playing with extra clan stacks against enemy clan stacks is just so much more immersive. But I guess that the introduction of Custom Servers will allow this anyways. We will see how it turns out, just wanted to give you my view on things.

@azakhi
This is something you guys seriously need to consider. Bannerlord in comparison to Warband has a much better Siege atmosphere. The thing about sieges is that they become extremely enjoyable once you start doing organized attacks/defends. I mean the added value of playing with extra clan stacks against enemy clan stacks is just so much more immersive. But I guess that the introduction of Custom Servers will allow this anyways. We will see how it turns out, just wanted to give you my view on things.

Parties of 6+ players (or another solution allowing 6+ players to play on same side) is something team wants to do as far as I know. And it is the main reason modes with 12+ players can't be played.

Yes, the only conditions to either create or join a clan match are:
- Have a 6-person party (all in lobby etc like matchmaking)
- Have all party members be member of the same clan

So you can have as many groups of 6-person parties from the same clan playing clan games either against another party from same clan or another clan

Unfortunately only Captain and Skirmish mode is available for clan matches.
so in theory 150 players could be in the same clan and all play at the same time on different servers?

Back
Top Bottom