Thoughts on Multiplayer Patch video?

Users who are viewing this thread

The reason it's not in the video is because all the changes done are something that would require an entire video. And they are not the only thing people care about. Combat alone won't bring people back and restore motivation to play. If you still consider combat "broken" at this point, the only thing broken is your head. There's imbalances that need tweaking, such as block delay, but aside from that, I find changes like the clan update to be way more important than that.
Kick and jav one shot isnt broken? Shields not blocking arrows because TW wants you to guess where the archer is shooting at isnt broken? Trying to hit someone but your attack got stuck by an object behind you way out of your reach isnt broken? Yeah ok, this game is fine and its completely fair, thats why Skimrish is people who spend days practicing how to exploit glitches

Kick and jav one shot isnt broken? Shields not blocking arrows because TW wants you to guess where the archer is shooting at isnt broken? Trying to hit someone but your attack got stuck by an object behind you way out of your reach isnt broken? Yeah ok, this game is fine and its completely fair, thats why Skimrish is people who spend days practicing how to exploit glitches
They are aware of these issues already. These things aren't arguments to me that combat is broken as a whole. Jav kicking is a stupid exploit, but it is one minor tweak away from being completely fixed.

Honestly I agree with Pace, combat is a mess but it’s not irredeemable, and I don’t think it’s the main reason for the queue being empty. Warband vets account for a small amount of the player base really, it’s the casuals and event players who bring in the big numbers, and they won’t play till custom servers and something to play for (progression system).

With the amount of work that has been spent tweaking combat parameters for Multiplayer, will any of that trickle into the single player?

Most (~95%) of the changes will also affect Singleplayer. But note that most of these things affect one to one encounters, so they wont have a big balancing impact.

Most (~95%) of the changes will also affect Singleplayer. But note that most of these things affect one to one encounters, so they wont have a big balancing impact.
Thanks for the response :smile:
Are you able to provide any examples? From what’ve I've read the intention is to make combat more fluid, responsive, and dynamic? What is changing behind the scenes to accomplish that?

Thanks for the response :smile:
Are you able to provide any examples? From what’ve I've read the intention is to make combat more fluid, responsive, and dynamic? What is changing behind the scenes to accomplish that?
Don't really want to go into that much detail, you'll see it in the patch notes. But we tested it with community members and most of the changes were actually suggestions by them (or from public forum threads) and overall everyone was happy with it. Of course there will always be arguments about some things, but this effort was mostly there to create an agreeable baseline for future changes.

You'll see some changes to cavalry gameplay and mechanics that were abused in MP, but also the overall feel and rhythm of the melee combat has changed quite a bit.
Its a risky change which is why we went with this quite extensive community testing.

The changelog will be really long and explanatory but I also want to make a technical post (similar to this) so modders can understand what actually changed as well.

Don't really want to go into that much detail, you'll see it in the patch notes. But we tested it with community members and most of the changes were actually suggestions by them (or from public forum threads) and overall everyone was happy with it. Of course there will always be arguments about some things, but this effort was mostly there to create an agreeable baseline for future changes.

You'll see some changes to cavalry gameplay and mechanics that were abused in MP, but also the overall feel and rhythm of the melee combat has changed quite a bit.
Its a risky change which is why we went with this quite extensive community testing.

The changelog will be really long and explanatory but I also want to make a technical post (similar to this) so modders can understand what actually changed as well.

This all has me really excited

Again, thank you for the reply and information! I’m looking forward to the patch :smile:

Is there any possibility of tags being extended to 6 characters? This will make it easier for my clan and others with longer tags to choose them instead of having to change the clan tag we've been using for the past 4 months. I run a fairly large NA clan (as of writing this our steam group has 124 members and our Discord has 287) and it would be very sad if we had to change our clan tag this far in :sad:

Also, will tags appear in-game so players no longer have to change their steam name?

Yes, rittenhouse also use rittenhouse as a tag and it would be cool if we could keep it.

Back
Top Bottom