Thoughts on Multiplayer Patch video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Today taleworlds uploaded a video detailing what will be added in the multiplayer patch.

For me, I'm most looking forward to being able to choose the factions in skirmish/captain mode, and I'm hoping the clan server system will also include modes like Siege and TDM.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on what's coming?

biggest thing for me is new gamemodes and private servers so we can get this community rolling, im not touching Bannerlord until that stuff happens

@azakhi can SA players expect a server anytime soon? Are there any news on the providers or is the issue at least being argued by devs?

@azakhi can SA players expect a server anytime soon? Are there any news on the providers or is the issue at least being argued by devs?

mHBeC.jpg

The answer I got when I asked in discord. No more servers until Multiplayer is complete.

mHBeC.jpg

The answer I got when I asked in discord. No more servers until Multiplayer is complete.
Damn dude, this is quite outrageous, why even Oceania got servers but an area with a large portion of players are neglected to enjoy the game? We payed for this too you know. Whatever, what an huge disappointment.

Damn dude, this is quite outrageous, why even Oceania got servers but an area with a large portion of players are neglected to enjoy the game? We payed for this too you know. Whatever, what an huge disappointment.

As I said in another thread, zkh isn’t to blame and he isn’t happy either. I think Oceania got luckier than they think getting servers, it sounds like it wasn’t planned either. This is just the unfortunate reality of early access.

As I said in another thread, zkh isn’t to blame and he isn’t happy either. I think Oceania got luckier than they think getting servers, it sounds like it wasn’t planned either. This is just the unfortunate reality of early access.
No no I'm not taking it to azakhi at all, I know he's not to blame. Now asking seriously, is it so difficult to host just a tdm server? Are there a lot of issues presented that stops them from giving us just 1 server? I personally dont know about how they work, but it cant be that hard, cant it?

No no I'm not taking it to azakhi at all, I know he's not to blame. Now asking seriously, is it so difficult to host just a tdm server? Are there a lot of issues presented that stops them from giving us just 1 server? I personally dont know about how they work, but it cant be that hard, cant it?

Official server are hired, and last I heard, Latam Level up? Server service was a thorn in the side to deal with, and their server weren't even that good.

The video gave exactly zero details on changes to combat, and the changes to combat are really the only thing that matters to most people at this point. Great we have banners and better match making, but the fundamentals of the game which is the combat is still broken so I basically don't even want to play until its fixed.
And what exactly is the ETA on this patch..? And why do siege servers still crash? And why aren't we getting a dedicated NA siege server? This whole thing is gone beyond outrageous at this point. Personally I'll give it another week and keep checking the forums then i'm moving on, I'm sick of half finished broken games.

The video gave exactly zero details on changes to combat, and the changes to combat are really the only thing that matters to most people at this point.
The reason it's not in the video is because all the changes done are something that would require an entire video. And they are not the only thing people care about. Combat alone won't bring people back and restore motivation to play. If you still consider combat "broken" at this point, the only thing broken is your head. There's imbalances that need tweaking, such as block delay, but aside from that, I find changes like the clan update to be way more important than that.

If you still consider combat "broken" at this point, the only thing broken is your head.

Combat is still pretty broken. If the playtesters dont think so, we need new playstesters. There are serious issues with movement speed, blocking, weapon balances, class imbalances and ranged weapons.

If you think the new patch and your big brain input fixes all of that, great, but dont call people braindead for not enjoying the current combat when it is still definitely pretty terrible.

Combat is still pretty broken. If the playtesters dont think so, we need new playstesters. There are serious issues with movement speed, blocking, weapon balances, class imbalances and ranged weapons.

If you think the new patch and your big brain input fixes all of that, great, but dont call people braindead for not enjoying the current combat when it is still definitely pretty terrible.
I think our opinions on what should change and not aren't actually too different, you just seem to be more bothered by them than I am. I'm just saying the current state of combat is fine enough that actual MP content has overtaken it in priority. I don't really care about class balance when there are no maps and nothing to play in general.

LoL okay buddy you're right, combat is just fine in this game, that is why masses of Warband MP veterans have already quit playing. That must be why you can be the only one searching for a game on a weekend night.
If you are one of the play testers maybe that explains why this game is a mess.

Don't know who you're quoting with the "combat is just fine" or why you are assuming the quality of my feedback based on me wanting content more than combat changes, but needless to say, it's exactly the mouthbreather response I expected to get.

That must be why you can be the only one searching for a game on a weekend night.
That has the least to do with the combat and literally all with the content of the game. What drives out masses of players is almost entirely to blame on the absence of proper matchmaking and the lack of custom servers. That you don't understand this is actually incredible.

I think our opinions on what should change and not aren't actually too different, you just seem to be more bothered by them than I am. I'm just saying the current state of combat is fine enough that actual MP content has overtaken it in priority. I don't really care about class balance when there are no maps and nothing to play in general.

They are pretty similar, but to me they should be top priority. I guess because Im already playing regularly and dont need anything shiny to lure me back in

Back
Top Bottom