Do YOU want crush through on all 2h weapons in MP?

Do you want crush-through on blocks on anything other than a 2h hammer?

• Yes

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 117 88.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Aww captains mode, how quaint..

Anyway at this point lets just let 2h crush through everything, every block, shields, 100% of the time... I do not care anymore.. This game is a meme, and with the state of archers and cav and throwing weapons, 2h users would still get picked apart in competitive games.
Since when do we care about competitive? The game should be first and foremost, be made fun for the wide playerbase, and simple where the cost of realism isn't too great. I mean that's the whole reason the game is here. They have managed to improve the physics system from the first title.

Since when do we care about competitive? The game should be first and foremost, be made fun for the wide playerbase, and simple where the cost of realism isn't too great.
I agree, we should remove skill based directional blocking entirely because even with a block delay, casual players just cant keep up and it ruins their fun. We should allow an auto-block system to take over for people in order to equalize all difficulty.

Also, aiming is sometimes challenging for members of the great and wide playerbase, so we should add a sort of "lock on" system where you select a target and your character automatically aims for you, this would prevent people from feeling left out just because they cannot hover their cursor over a target (we had to already take out that confusing arrow drop mechanic and put in a 3rd person perfect drop autocorrect system).

Also for captains mode, it would be great if we just made shields completely invincible because when you select a shield infantry unit you didnt select a unit without a shield, and it really destroys the fun when you cannot form a good looking shield wall because some of youre men's shields were broken!

Also another cool mechanic we could add that would really appeal to the great and wide casual playerbase -- traps! We could have certain factions be able to lay invisible rows of punji sticks/beartraps/falltraps/deadfalls that instantly killed anybody who stepped in their kill zone, imagine how much fun people could have with this (also it is realistic!)

I agree, we should remove skill based directional blocking entirely because even with a block delay, casual players just cant keep up and it ruins their fun. We should allow an auto-block system to take over for people in order to equalize all difficulty.

Also, aiming is sometimes challenging for members of the great and wide playerbase, so we should add a sort of "lock on" system where you select a target and your character automatically aims for you, this would prevent people from feeling left out just because they cannot hover their cursor over a target (we had to already take out that confusing arrow drop mechanic and put in a 3rd person perfect drop autocorrect system).

Also for captains mode, it would be great if we just made shields completely invincible because when you select a shield infantry unit you didnt select a unit without a shield, and it really destroys the fun when you cannot form a good looking shield wall because some of youre men's shields were broken!

Also another cool mechanic we could add that would really appeal to the great and wide casual playerbase -- traps! We could have certain factions be able to lay invisible rows of punji sticks/beartraps/falltraps/deadfalls that instantly killed anybody who stepped in their kill zone, imagine how much fun people could have with this (also it is realistic!)
I get the sarcasm, let me see if I got it right.

Taleworlds already have taken the middle of the road approach, not too complicated, not too simplistic. Probably the misunderstanding was because I said "wide playerbase". I did not mean to imply casual gamers, normies, or the type that is in favour of dumping down the "complicated" mechanics. Directional combat and all the rest make Bannerlord part of the M&B series, not having such integral parts would turn it into a different game the likes of which are already plentiful.

The way I understand the term competitive, it refers to the e-sports and pro gamer level. A game that tries to balance things based off of the opinions of people who devote part of their life to it, will eventually lose touch with the rest of the community, which I referred to as "wide playerbase".

I see my suggestions as a refinement and the next logical extension of the current system. I understand that it might not be the cup of tea to people who are used a balance and way of experiencing the game from Warband, but I'm always the a proponent of realism. However it is a game, thus things will be simpler than IRL.

Where that line is depends of the game and specific feature. Case in point shock cav is supposed to be the king of the battlefield, yet it's hardly a consideration to anyone but archers. Infantry with shields in a formation have been the core of most european armies up until firearms appeared. Not being able to cover yourself while attacking is wrong, because the main melee infantry is rendered useless by ****ing naked barbarians. Same for being able to tell the archers to shoot at something specific and not the closest unit. If I were to generalise somewhat, my grudge is that the current system feels like rock-paper-scissors-muzzleloader, where ranged beat 2h,2h beat shields, shields beat ranged, and cav is the muzzleloader which is a hit-or-miss glasscannon wildcard. I want to see more tactical options open up, and for that changes have to be made. The important thing is that they make the game better.

We literally haven't seen the MP combat patch yet.... really what is it worth arguing about until we do?
Like i said, the whole concept of putting crush on ALL 2h is something to argue about. You don't need to test out the crush to be able to question the idea.

That's like saying we should first test out everyone having 500 skills on archer before being able to tell its a stupid idea.

Last edited:
I get the sarcasm, let me see if I got it right.

Taleworlds already have taken the middle of the road approach, not too complicated, not too simplistic. Probably the misunderstanding was because I said "wide playerbase". I did not mean to imply casual gamers, normies, or the type that is in favour of dumping down the "complicated" mechanics. Directional combat and all the rest make Bannerlord part of the M&B series, not having such integral parts would turn it into a different game the likes of which are already plentiful.

The way I understand the term competitive, it refers to the e-sports and pro gamer level. A game that tries to balance things based off of the opinions of people who devote part of their life to it, will eventually lose touch with the rest of the community, which I referred to as "wide playerbase".

I see my suggestions as a refinement and the next logical extension of the current system. I understand that it might not be the cup of tea to people who are used a balance and way of experiencing the game from Warband, but I'm always the a proponent of realism. However it is a game, thus things will be simpler than IRL.

Where that line is depends of the game and specific feature. Case in point shock cav is supposed to be the king of the battlefield, yet it's hardly a consideration to anyone but archers. Infantry with shields in a formation have been the core of most european armies up until firearms appeared. Not being able to cover yourself while attacking is wrong, because the main melee infantry is rendered useless by ****ing naked barbarians. Same for being able to tell the archers to shoot at something specific and not the closest unit. If I were to generalise somewhat, my grudge is that the current system feels like rock-paper-scissors-muzzleloader, where ranged beat 2h,2h beat shields, shields beat ranged, and cav is the muzzleloader which is a hit-or-miss glasscannon wildcard. I want to see more tactical options open up, and for that changes have to be made. The important thing is that they make the game better.
Nothing about Bannerlord is the result of what the competitive M&B community has asked for. TW have their own vision for MP in Bannerlord, and a lot of it has disappointed both the competitive and non-competitive community. Some of what you complain about is the same as what beta testers complained about a very long time ago. The "rock-paper-scissors" situation might become worse with the soon-to-be implemented crushthrough feature for naked 2h barbarians, which I'm pretty sure no one in the community asked for.

Yes, Taleworlds should avoid balancing things based off of the competitive meta, lest they become complete failures such as Dota 2 and League of Legends.

If a game is balanced and fun for the highest level of play, its balanced for every other level of play.

Here is an amazing video on the subject

I would agree with this if the current meta in bannerlord wasn't kick throw pila and the endless amount of stacks filling the queue in skirmish against pubs and rolling over them to then give feedback around the unfair advantage they have been given.

I would agree with this if the current meta in bannerlord wasn't kick throw pila and the endless amount of stacks filling the queue in skirmish against pubs and rolling over them to then give feedback around the unfair advantage they have been given.
Thats why you balance the game so that the competitive meta is fun. The current comp meta is not fun so therefore the casual meta wont be either. Make the competitive meta fun and the casual meta will be improved as well.

Thats why you balance the game so that the competitive meta is fun. The current comp meta is not fun so therefore the casual meta wont be either. Make the competitive meta fun and the casual meta will be improved as well.
Like i said, it's hard to make the competitive meta fun when clans simply roll over pubs in the queue. Unless custom servers are given for proper tournaments, i don't see this happening anytime. In the video shown the competitive players has their own servers etc to make enough games to see how things feel. But in bannerlord we don't

Like i said, it's hard to make the competitive meta fun when clans simply roll over pubs in the queue. Unless custom servers are given for proper tournaments, i don't see this happening anytime. In the video shown the competitive players has their own servers etc to make enough games to see how things feel. But in bannerlord we don't

Weve been able to test the combat in a reasonably controlled environment through NABB and Beast. There have been over 100 matches played between competitive teams in those tournaments, and the majority of "competitive player" feedback is coming from our experiences in those matches. If you think the comp scene is basing the state of the game on how well their pub stomping goes, that simply isnt true. That is a competitive player boogeyman thats been created to demonize people queuing together.

Back
Top Bottom