Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also adviced giving leadership skill passive xp bonus effect as you said (something like training at Warband). Something like each leadership skill to give +0.05 xp to each troop in your party (example : if you have 100 leadership skill each your troop in your party will get 5 xp daily). It is rejected for now. I think same with you about this issue. It can be good if a skill is used to give passive xp and effects of leadership skill (party morale bonus and garrison size bonus) are currently weak.
1st off thanks for the comments, really appreciate getting some feedback from TW and it's great to understand your thought processes on some of these issues.
Also the idea of leadership granting a passive XP bonus seems like a great way of handling levelling. I would love to see that and the enhanced training at Castles suggestion (and I my opinion only castles to make them more distinct, valuable and reflect their military nature) in the game.
Thanks again for taking the time to discuss this with us.

Just like to say that this is the most stable M&B 2 Bannerlord beta patch I've played on for a while and this is a save I carried through from the previous Beta. Excited to see future changes.

@mexxico I have a serious question:If by any means we have peace ''if'' are we supposed to dismiss our soldiers cause we cant fight enemy lords to get money from battle loot and if war happens again are we suppose to recruit lvl 1 soldiers and fight with untrained army insteed of the opposite since clearly now with workshops/caravans we cant afford to pay our army???

Last edited:
Warband training was effective only after playing some days and after investing on training skill and leveling up main character and companions. Now some people are complaining because a perk which you can get since day 1 has been nerfed?

What we had before the hotfix was a nonsense and while maybe the perks have been overnerfed, we are playing a beta after all and we can just express our opinion without being rude.

I personally think that the perks have been maybe a bit overnerfed and I like the option about making these perks stronger for T1 and T2 units. Anyway, thanks for giving nerfs for these perks because having to fight against full elite Khuzait armies was a pain. High tier units should not be something really easy to get.

The training skill in Warband was/is still better then anything we have/had in Bannerlord (ignoring this bugged numbers from the last update, that wasn´t right of course). I don´t want T5 troops after a few ingame days without doing anything for it.

I was aganist removal of 25 days truce from first days. I also informed players here you can make a search in forum about this issue and see what was happened. There are about 80 people working in company and I am not final decision maker of all decisions. Probably some of them are wrong decisions. Everybody can take a wrong decision. If something is wrong it will be corrected after a time. Especially perks are not in my responsible area but sometimes I examine their numbers and their effects to gameplay.

However yes I reduced the effect of perks and I do not think it is a wrong decision (maybe xp gains values can be 2x it can be better). Also even new values are less this is not a gamebreaking issue like removal of truce time. Previously that perk was giving 30 xp to every stack. In each stack you can have even 1 soldier or 30 soldiers. It was giving 30 xp in all situations even you have 1 soldier or 30 soldiers. It was giving 60 xp to second stack and 90 xp to third stack and 120 xps to fourth stack and so on, tier 1-2s are in first stacks and they get 30 or 60 xp. It was a bug (not intended) and it was making all AI parties full elites (because high tiers were getting 120-150-180-210 xp / days), I see that bug from forum reports, I am not coder of these parts and fixed it while fixing I reduced 30 to 2 because now we are giving xp per troop not per stack. Now this perk gives 2 xp per troop in stack (tier 1-2-3). So if you have 10 vlandian recruit this perk will give your vlandian recruits 20xp daily. Actually giving xp to only 1-2-3 tier troops is not so logical and create a difference from other perk option which gives xp to all troops. We have 5 tiers and xp gains of only 1-2-3-4 tiers make sense because 5th tier is not levelling up. So I will change this perk to giving 4 xp to only 1-2 tiers or you can select other perk which gives 2 xp to all troops per day (it is currently giving 1 will be increased to 2). This means if you have 30 tier-1 troops in your party this perk will give your tier 1-2 troops 120 xps a day. I think it is not a small number. By this every 2-3 days one of your tier-1 troops will level up even you do not enter any battle. If this is not enough for you, you can use mods or make cheats because having OP perks is something like cheat imo.
please whatever you do , do NOT let all players decide the balance
because there is no single opinion
you guys have a gasp how the game should be and how the party should envolve
i for one would like to play a balanced game that is even hard to progress

if someone finds it too hard, this game is highly modable , even now there are mods that let you xp your troops fast
same as money , if workshop money is too little for you craft a few javs and you have all the money you need (for now)

That seems on the extreme end of things. What you're suggesting is giving troops 55xp a day for doing nothing as a reward for getting to level 25 in leadership. At that rate you could get 200 tier 1 recruits to 200 tier 4 troops in only ~27 days.
if this is realy such a hot topic make an slider in options
realistic, 2x 4 x , instalvl

That seems on the extreme end of things. What you're suggesting is giving troops 55xp a day for doing nothing. At that rate you could get 200 tier 1 recruits to 200 tier 4 troops in only ~27 days.
Yeah, that sounds about right to me. That's how it should be.

I guess I'm biased because in the old game, if you had enough trainer companions, you could level 200 recruits to tier 2 in a single day. You could get them all to max tier in a week. Now that's definitely too much, but the current training rates are laughably low.

That seems on the extreme end of things. What you're suggesting is giving troops 55xp a day for doing nothing as a reward for getting to level 25 in leadership. At that rate you could get 200 tier 1 recruits to 200 tier 4 troops in only ~27 days.
That sounds about right, AI lords get that stuff in a week

I guess I'm biased because in the old game, if you had enough trainer companions, you could level 200 recruits to tier 2 in a single day. You could get them all to max tier in a week. Now that's definitely too much, but the current training rates are laughably low.
Yeah in WB I rush my 26(+1) int lady and I get married and fill that castle up and become a Army factory! I storm a town with my 14 eng and surg and barely loose anyone and then drop off the wounded and grab a new stack and go take another one! You can build you character to be incredibly useful in warband, we'll be lucky if our BL character ever is 1/4 as helpful. I wish I could just port warbands skills and leveling into BL and be done with it.

That sounds about right, AI lords get that stuff in a week
Not even close. The npc lords get (5 + Troop Level) xp per troop per day. That's 1/5th the rate for tier 1 troops. To get a troop from tier 1 to tier 4, it currently takes npcs 90 days compared to the 27 days that Raise the Meek would be providing. Not to mention the npcs get their parties wiped far more frequently than the player does.

Yep WB way to easy.. if people want to play an easy game were to train troops then go back to WB..BL is ment to be better and more of a challenge and more real to life when it comes to training troops. Also i want the game to last take time not a fast kill game like many are. TW your doing it right and a great job.

Yes i did see that in 1.4.1 as long as you have alot of influence to keep it going as the others start war on you as well. but i am sure in time the diplomacy will get alot more added to it. like making Allies with other factions to take down a large faction thats bulling and taking to much land.I think Influence should be used more in all faction things. like make peace 200 infl will give you half peace 100 days. Make allies 400 infl ..200 days this would give you better trade with your Ally.. and if you break any of these your infl your getting each day would go down as people will stop trusting you. and if you do that to many time you would end up being a rebel faction ...
Peace is harder to get if vassals don't want it, but if a player can still amass enough influence, he can have it whenever. It doesn't seem to be connected to whether there is hate between factions, well that's my impression.

I wish there could be more improvements for cities, like a choice of structures. The upgrades get purchased fairly early. After that workshops are the only option, and their income seems to be have taken a hit.

Also I note when walls are smashed with siege engines, they are repaired when walking through after capture, although if another assault comes, they are still broken to some extent.

Peace is harder to get if vassals don't want it, but if a player can still amass enough influence, he can have it whenever. It doesn't seem to be connected to whether there is hate between factions, well that's my impression.

I wish there could be more improvements for cities, like a choice of structures. The upgrades get purchased fairly early. After that workshops are the only option, and their income seems to be have taken a hit.

Also I note when walls are smashed with siege engines, they are repaired when walking through after capture, although if another assault comes, they are still broken to some extent.
Yes i would like to see more added to building of more structures that would be fun. and yes maybe towns need time to rebuild after than attack...

Not even close. The npc lords get (5 + Troop Level) xp per troop per day. That's 1/5th the rate for tier 1 troops. To get a troop from tier 1 to tier 4, it currently takes npcs 90 days compared to the 27 days that Raise the Meek would be providing. Not to mention the npcs get their parties wiped far more frequently than the player does.
What happens when your army got wiped or the AI army got wiped?

Your army got wiped: Start from zero, run from town/village to town/village again to recruit troops
AI: Spawns automatically with some higher tier troops and some low level troops for free at all (which is fine!)

Yes thanks for explanation. If one perk will help player to train troops that fast why player will make quests to get relation with notables? (when you have high relationship more slots are opened at recruitment window and at least slots there are generally higher tier troops) Why spend 2x money on mercenaries? Just be level 25 at leadership and get that perk. Any unbalanced OP feature makes other features useless.

I accept giving 2 xp per troop for that perk is a bit less but it can be maximum 3 or 4.

Also in next version this formula will be modified to 3 + level / 2. I changed this yesterday to reduce AI passive xp advantage because they can get same perks too like player.

Last edited:
Yes thanks for explanation. If one perk will help player to train troops that fast why player will make quests to get relation with notables? (when you have high relationship more slots are opened at recruitment window and at least slots there are generally higher tier troops) Why spend 2x money on mercenaries? Just be level 25 at leadership and get that perk. Any unbalanced OP feature makes other features useless.

Or we just do stuff like this:

Warband/Bannerlord for me was never about those repetitive quests. For me it´s more fun to do whatever I want than to abuse whatever repetive/boring quest over and over again to get the army I want.

But of course, you shouldn´t be able to raise a high tier army within a few ingame days.

I accept giving 2 xp per troop for that perk is a bit less but it can be maximum 3 or 4.
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom