"Arrow deflection" for two-handers in 1.4.1e

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, so you as an expert on bio-mechanics, martial art techniques and reality checks, would you do this challenge:

You, as a master of everything, go versus an averaged skilled archer in a 1vs1 with a 1-handed or 2-handed weapon against his war bow.

Starting distance would be like 50 meters. The archer won´t count down until he shots and he will fully draw his bow. And he would really try to hit you to hurt or even kill you. Of course you won´t be allowed to try to dodge his arrows, if they come on target you need to deflect them.

Would you?

And btw, who told you that I´m not a master of everything too? You just assume your "knowledge" is superior than mine.
you could, though, try to ask this for someone who's currently practicing HEMA, and is an Athlete (like someone who practice martial arts since childhood), a person like that might be able to do it.

I don't mind being able to block a throwing weapon, but being able to block an arrow consistently? That sounds pretty... stupid. Since you're at it, why don't you give us dual wielding, lightsabers, as well as crossbows we can fire without bolts.

It would be fun if Taleworlds were to release a video where one of their employees, the person suggesting this would suffice, were given a sword and would have to block projectiles traveling up to 70 meters a second. I'd make sure the archer used soft tip arrowheads if I were you, as it's going to be quite uncomfortable for the poor fellow standing in front of the archer.

Anyway, on topic:
I don't think that deflecting arrows with your sword was a typical or common practice on the battlefield. However, I am pretty sure that it's not impossible. As long as it does require lots of skill and doesn't work against multiple arrows I don't see a problem with it.
I'm no scholar of anything but something in my gut tells me, that nobody ever in history looked at their max 3 inch wide sword (Which would be gigantic) and said...."imma block an arrow with this one day" Lol and let's also remember, it's an arrow intended to kill that swordsman. It's not a safe pitcher's toss that supposed to not hit him. It's aimed center mass at his chest or head.

****, have we ever had that experiment, 2 professional baseball players, where one is going to aim the ball at the chest of the batter. and lets see if that batter can hit the ball, knowing the pitcher is trying to knock his lights out. haha

I'm no scholar of anything but something in my gut tells me, that nobody ever in history looked at their max 3 inch wide sword (Which would be gigantic) and said...."imma block an arrow with this one day" Lol and let's also remember, it's an arrow intended to kill that swordsman. It's not a safe pitcher's toss that supposed to not hit him. It's aimed center mass at his chest or head.

****, have we ever had that experiment, 2 professional baseball players, where one is going to aim the ball at the chest of the batter. and lets see if that batter can hit the ball, knowing the pitcher is trying to knock his lights out. haha

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Do you know what you get, when you slice a baseball in half, thats aimed at your face?

Two black eyes.

Do you know what you get, when you block an arrow with a slab of metal that aimed at you?

Whacked by a rod of wood thats coming over 100 mphs, or get speckled by a shower of splinters.

Its a cool idea of a perk, but there's a reason why bannerlord doesn't have unicorn mounts and magical healing potions.

Do you know what you get, when you slice a baseball in half, thats aimed at your face?

Two black eyes.

Do you know what you get, when you block an arrow with a slab of metal that aimed at you?

Whacked by a rod of wood thats coming over 100 mphs, or get speckled by a shower of splinters.

Its a cool idea of a perk, but there's a reason why bannerlord doesn't have unicorn mounts and magical healing potions.

Two black eyes.

but wait, there's more:

For this guy to cut the pellet all he need to do is draw the sword at the exact path that his friend is shooting, they practiced this shot.

Read the test I linked further back in this thread. Done with paintballs, one mentions a test by mythbusters.

Here:
I'm just pulling legs at this point, even if I bring a scientific paper into this proving that it's "rEaLiStIc" at this point I know you are going to deny it like flat-earthers haha
Honestly I don't really care, the perk isn't going anywhere anyway :lol:
trollface.jpg

Eh

Hah dam that was some beautiful shooting, was already sold at the 65 yard shot. I shot a compound bow at 65 lbs. And any shots past 45 yards is always a head nod. But he was shooting long bow so that was freaking niiice. But as the video showed, he was shooting a 40lbs bow with a sick board head. To an open chest thats a bad day for the bare chest bob. Throw on a gambeson and 40lbs will probably give you a bruise.

Idk what we're getting at now, with all the archery videos tho.

I cant sleep and always like to watch archery videos but this was one of my old favorites.
I have a Manchu bow 63lbs and its so nice to shoot.

How about this as a perk instead - apart from avoiding the arrows, you still get to refill your quiver?

Now seriously...those guys from the previous videos are very talented and lightning fast with a blade and stuff...I praise their dedication and it is admirable...but this is flair. If under controlled conditions they still don't get it most of the times, let alone in a battlefield, moving towards the enemy. There are better ideas for a perk in my opinion, but in any case, we shouldn't be concerned...just mod the perk to suit your preference.

Also, not quite related, but how come we don't have a Parthian shot as a Bow perk yet? Should be easy to implement.

That's why I said it never was common practice.

Back
Top Bottom