"Arrow deflection" for two-handers in 1.4.1e

Users who are viewing this thread

Here some spoilers from people that try dodge paintballs. they go about the same speed.
The science is just here for anyone else that wants to have answers.

I am FOR keeping the 2 handed perk!
what goes the same speed? paint balls and arrows?

I need to correct myself, with this two handed axe speed it should not only be possible to deflect arrows but also to travel through time and space (check the video in the first of post of the link):

?I met a Lord with the slow Cavalry sword doing this kind of speed animation, I think something is broken in general for weapons not just 2h

Yea right, read it in some of the comments in the reddit threads, it´s not only the 2 handed weapons, it depends on the skill level of the perk, so 1h has the same problem.

Maybe this also works for bows? So your bow becomes a machinge gun if your level is high enough? Now deflect this!

1st- It´s also possible to win the lottery, many people already did it. So it´s realistic to win the lottery and get rich?
2nd - It is, you´re right. But we can at least stay close to realism without destryoing the fun.
3rd - Correct, so it´s not a proof that this is realistic even when he had successfully done it. Because he is no retard and know that this thing won´t happen in a real ballte. Sure, 1 arrow out of 1.000.000 fired arrows may get deflect by pure luck...shall we talk about winning the lottery again?

I accept facts...you don´t
Dunning-Kruger at it's prime.

Yea right, read it in some of the comments in the reddit threads, it´s not only the 2 handed weapons, it depends on the skill level of the perk, so 1h has the same problem.

Maybe this also works for bows? So your bow becomes a machinge gun if your level is high enough? Now deflect this!
Just tested it but the bow skill didn't work for me, I was looking forward to doing an impression of a gatlin gun ?

Archery doesn't have the same kind of perk and the regular skill effect doesn't affect speed at all, just damage and accuracy. Only the Faster Aim and Instinctive Shot perks increase shooting speed at +10% each. So no gatling bows for now.

8 pages and nobody mentioned that archers can't hit you when you press W and A simultaneously?

Anyway, on topic:
I don't think that deflecting arrows with your sword was a typical or common practice on the battlefield. However, I am pretty sure that it's not impossible. As long as it does require lots of skill and doesn't work against multiple arrows I don't see a problem with it.

Says the guy who thinks he's an expert on medieval (fantasy) warfare because he did some TKD.
no, I'm an expert on bio-mechanics and martial arts techniques, and due to it I can picture more clearly how it would work. Having a bit of contact with Kendo makes it even easier to understand it, but I'm no expert on "medieval warfare", I'm just saying what is "realistic" and what isn't, but your reaction is expected, you firmly believe that you know more about the subject (martial arts bio-mechanics and body limits) than me, boo hoo. I'd offer you to try applying your knowledge by pitching it against me, by "catching me ousside", but unfortunately all we can do is practice keyboard warriors here
*xdj1nn throws a punch* *Roll:d10 = 1* *xdj1nn misses punch* hahahaha

Question though, since you're trying to push this into some sort of weird ad hominem argumentum: What grounds are you basing your statements upon? What knowledge do you have to make an actual educated argument?

Last edited:
Question though, since you're trying to push this into some sort of weird ad hominem argumentum: What grounds are you basing your statements upon? What knowledge do you have to make an actual educated argument?

You attacked some dude with the "Dunning Kruger" meme and I thought it was ironic.

You attacked some dude with the "Dunning Kruger" meme and I thought it was ironic.
it isn't an attack, even less so a meme, read it:

It's a statement, remember, in Psychology we learn that how a person interprets what another person does or says is their thing. I cannot be held accountable for stating a fact from my point of view. If a person is a snowflake, I am not responsible for their own fragility. That's one of the reasons why the whole SJW movements are so absurd, just as SJW laws. Though, I didn't break the law here, I didn't abuse of anyone, nor did I made any sort of prejudice statement. At most I've mocked someone with a meme, yes I did that, it was unecessary and probably not funny for the other end, though I did have some good laughs doing it. I apologize for that, I keep forgetting people are too fragile these days, generally I get pissed when mocked at, but then I turn around my head and end up laughing with the other person, specially if I move my ass to learn why I was mocked, normally I'll change my mind if I'm wrong, but more importantly, I always keep in mind that I might be wrong about something so I always read new information, because I don't like to be ignorant.

Last edited:
DK
Dunning-Kruger
DK
Dunning-Kruger is here!

Hes the leader of the bunch
You know him well
He's finally back
To exaggerate his skill
Hes bigger, faster
And stronger too
Hes a generic memeber
Of the DK crew

DK
Dunning-Kruger
DK
Dunning-Kruger is here!

Hes the leader of the bunch
You know him well
He's finally back
To exaggerate his skill
Hes bigger, faster
And stronger too
Hes a generic memeber
Of the DK crew
This gave me a flash back from Elementary hahaha

Although I admit, I'm stuck at home bored to death with high anxiety, so I'm not very level minded and with too much free time on my hand, this is unhealthy and makes me act a bit weird. Normally I'd be ignoring this whole discussion having some distant laughter, which doesn't make anyone doing erratic statements here correct, it just makes me absent from the discussion itself xD

The thing that surprises me is that I'm still trying to teach something even though I know no one disagreeing with me will listen, it's like a belief system, hence Dunning-Kruger, it's a thing, it happens, even with me, in fact when I was a teenager I was the King of Dunning-Kruger hahaha Thought I was the master of all knowledge, until I've learned things and realized I was but an idiot who knows nothing. That itself struck me so hard that I became a nerd on my Young Adulthood. Now, on my 30's I actually know too much for my own sake, and most of my knowledge is impractical, I have nowhere to use it hahaha

Last edited:
no, I'm an expert on bio-mechanics and martial arts techniques, and due to it I can picture more clearly how it would work. Having a bit of contact with Kendo makes it even easier to understand it,

Ok, so you as an expert on bio-mechanics, martial art techniques and reality checks, would you do this challenge:

You, as a master of everything, go versus an averaged skilled archer in a 1vs1 with a 1-handed or 2-handed weapon against his war bow.

Starting distance would be like 50 meters. The archer won´t count down until he shots and he will fully draw his bow. And he would really try to hit you to hurt or even kill you. Of course you won´t be allowed to try to dodge his arrows, if they come on target you need to deflect them.

Would you?

And btw, who told you that I´m not a master of everything too? You just assume your "knowledge" is superior than mine.

Last edited:
Ok, so you as an expert on bio-mechanics, martial art techniques and reality checks, would you do this challenge:

You, as a master of everything, go versus an averaged skilled archer in a 1vs1 with a 1-handed or 2-handed weapon against his war bow.

Starting distance would be like 50 meters. The archer won´t count down until he shots and he will fully draw his bow. And he would really try to hit you to hurt or even kill you. Of course you won´t be allowed to try to dodge his arrows, if they come on target you need to deflect them.

Would you?

I know it´s fantasy and I´m no expert on bio-mechanics and martial arts techniques, but how would this 1vs1 fight go without the shield but a sword only:

I can't, I'd have to practice for at bare minimum a year before trying it, specifically trying to deflect arrows. I have no knowledge of wielding swords, or any medieval weapons. I have only a basic knowledge of wielding the Bamboo Kendo Sword, which is very different. If was in my early 20s I'd be able to try it, but would fail miserably due to lacking muscle memory for wielding weapons, now I'm out of shape, it'd be even more difficult

Back
Top Bottom