In Progress Crash on Launch Win7 SP1 x64

Users who are viewing this thread

Good day to technical support.
I have been trying to solve this problem since day 1. I've tried updating everything (as that was said by community manager in Steam threads), switching languages, re-installing, trying other files but still I'm unable to launch the launcher. It just crashes. I tried to post here some screenshots of these errors and event log data but somewhy forum doesn't allow me to do so. I'll just insert link to these files.

Also tried to launch via Bannerlord_Native.exe - it launcher 'till 1st seconds of loading and just ends without any errors.

P.S. Funny enough. My friend just downloaded a pirated copy (without 1.0.1 patch) and game runs fine on the same OS. Tried too - no dice.
But still I want to thank the developers for hard work. All who bought EA release knew what this was de-facto open beta and a chance to help with funding, so no negative from my side. I just wish to actually launch it someday and hunt the other bugs.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience. The developers are informed about this issue, however, we have an article about possible workarounds for the time being. Can you please check the article and update me whether you still have the same issues?
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I'm familiar with this article. In fact, that was 1st thing I tried. But ok, I did the run through one more time after your anwser. So, here's the checklist what I've done since you anwsered:
1) Install the Win7 update KB2670838 - check.
2) Try 1.0.4 patch - check.
3) Update NVIDIA drivers via GeForce Experience - check, current version - 445.75, the latest on this moment.
4) Install .Net Core runtime 2.1.17 - check
5) Install Visual C++ Redistributables 2015-2017 - check
6) Install .NET Framework 4.7.2 and 4.8 - chtck
7) Disable Anti-Virus and add the whole game folder in Steam library into exceptions list - check
:cool: Remove CN folder - check.

So yup. I tried all advices that MArdA TaleWorlds had given. At least for now.

And let me give you my PC specifications.

Software:

Operating System
: Windows Professional 7 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
BIOS:
BIOS Date: 07/16/13 14:47:12
Ver: 06.04
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Hardware:

Card name:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM

That's alright. Game is in beta stage and we all know what it means. I'll post here any further attempts to launch Bannerlord if I stumble upon any untried workarounds or some new patch is released.

I definately can tell that game has memory leaks. It sucks more RAM than Red Dead Redemtion 2 on high settings when I managed to launch it as mentioned above. But it happens only after some time.

While the problem is being solved, can I ask another question? Can I somehow enable mods without using Launcher? Until my original ticket is resolved, I'm forced to launch it via _Native.exe and... I just ran into some bugs (companion stucked in "HOLDING" forever after loading a save) and it can be fixed through one mod messing with developer console, but I can't enable it with Launcher due my problem above.

EDIT: No longer actual. Played a bit with SubModule.xml in StoryMode module.

Last edited:
Can't launch the game here either (windows 10). Would love to finally be able to get in-game since I've not been able to since buying the game so far.

Can't launch the game here either (windows 10). Would love to finally be able to get in-game since I've not been able to since buying the game so far.
Send devs your DxDiag data or just specs (.NET versions, drivers, exact versions of Win, drivers etc + hardware). That'll fasten their work I believe. That's some kind of general issue so that would be better to gather more data to look for similarities inside it.

Hello again.
A lot of time has passed and many patches. Any updates on the situation? I still have no solution.
P.S. I'm still not mad though, so no offense from my side. But I really want to play the game normally, try it with mods, try multiplayer but I can't do that since day 1.

Last edited:
same problem for weeks now done everything they said does not work, i use to play it on Ge Force now but they have taken it offline, so can't play it at all now...

I'm waiting already 2-3 weeks for a solution so good luck on it
I remember when I was actually able to play the game, man those days were buggy but fun! Then it just decided it won't work, so I've been waiting A while as well, I can play the game through having to maze through folders but then I can't do much other than the base game, multiplayer doesn't even work while opening through there. I've just decided to stop mazing through folders and just wait until the launcher works.

I remember when I was actually able to play the game, man those days were buggy but fun! Then it just decided it won't work, so I've been waiting A while as well, I can play the game through having to maze through folders but then I can't do much other than the base game, multiplayer doesn't even work while opening through there. I've just decided to stop mazing through folders and just wait until the launcher works.
You people have great patience I won't lie, I mean your waiting weeks to play something you payed A lot of money for, and the fact that Taleworlds has been "Working" on this and yet it hasn't been patched is absurd. I mean sure there are sometimes other greater problems, and sometimes bugs can take A while to solve but it has been seen for weeks, they have already fixed A lot of Crashing, and they know this is also A decently sized problem that the game won't launch, So the fact that this is still even in progress is A joke. I feel as its been abandoned, but good job on being patient, I adore that trait.

same here bruh definetly its a shame one thing is a early acces other different is not be able to play, probably they are working to fix it but they should remove the game from steam and other webs if its impossible to run it. im so mad at them

Back
Top Bottom