Need More Info Crash loading screen when launching v.1.4.0.229335

Users who are viewing this thread

After installing the update 1.4.0.229335 the game crashes in the first loading screen.
It shows two errors with the same information.
I run Mount and blade without Mods on Win. 10 with the latest updates installed.

"Application Crashed because a fatal error occurrec while reading a file
Common Cause of this is a corrupted game file.
Re-validating game files may solve this issue
- file : ../../modules/native/AssetPackages/Body_Meshes.tpac
- Error: Decompression Failure"

After this the game asks me to send a crash report.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

same issue with main branch. references a Vlandia armor.tpac file as the culprit. Has happened three times after Steam file validation. Game currently unplayable.

Last edited:
I verified integrity of the game files (advise I got from the steam forum) and that worked!
I've validated integrity with Steam twice now. First time, 6 files were found and reloaded. Second time three files were found and reloaded. Same Vlandia_armor.tpac error prior to battle. unplayable unfortunately atm.

Summary: Vlandia armor.tpac file causing crash when starting battle. Now game will not launch indicating vlandia armor.tpac is locked.
How to Reproduce: Start game in Steam. Or if a game can be loaded, start a battle.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: main branch 1.3.1
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 2 TB

I've validated integrity with Steam twice now. First time, 6 files were found and reloaded. Second time three files were found and reloaded. Same Vlandia_armor.tpac error prior to battle. unplayable unfortunately atm.

I had the same problem, Steam integrity check solved the issue for me.
=> Some other players have said they had to reinstall translations or uninstall mods to make the game load normally.

Summary: Vlandia armor.tpac file causing crash when starting battle. Now game will not launch indicating vlandia armor.tpac is locked.
How to Reproduce: Start game in Steam. Or if a game can be loaded, start a battle.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: main branch 1.3.1
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 2 TB
Hi, are you still having the same problem after the latest patches?

Back
Top Bottom