AI cheats in recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Khuzaits huh? In that case could you explain to me why Khuzaits got wiped out in the first year in my game..
I don't know. In my games they dominate. Unless I intervene and help the faction they are targeting, they will just take them over. Currently,they took 5 sturgian towns while being at war with them and Southern Empire lol

Edit: I'm on a day 203

I don't know. In my games they dominate. Unless I intervene and help the faction they are targeting, they will just take them over. Currently,they took 5 sturgian towns while being at war with them and Southern Empire lol
In my game they got stomped by Northern Empire, Southern Empire got half way into Aserai, then the 3 Empires went against each other almost wiping out Southern Empire when i joined it and got a very early City, Lycaron.

As for the recruitment i'm not quite sure but they did have alot of problems in the early stage of the game until they got patched, maybe its a little easier for them now but as opposed to the player they never have a chance.

I'm playing on realistic settings and as recruitment goes i have plenty of troops, 250 max tier in my current army and stacks of recruits and lower tier in my garrisons so i can keep training them non stop and swap between lower tier and max tier.

Currently have the cities; Lycaron,Poros and Zeonica with 30k income every day.

BwWtlAl.jpg

Also this is what i meant when i said there was no troops in the village

In my game they got stomped by Northern Empire, Southern Empire got half way into Aserai, then the 3 Empires went against each other almost wiping out Southern Empire when i joined it and got a very early City, Lycaron.
ZPoco2O.jpg

They pretty much took over Sturgia and are at war with Southern Empire also

There can be daily tick which fills some empty slots in time period you leave village and other party enter. Every day some empty slots are filled.

There is no ai cheat in recruiting as you mentioned.

So just bad luck?

I wrote that code and did not let ai to cheat. They can only get one slot ahead even their relation is not enough (for now) because initial positive relations are not set yet between lords and notables at game start. There are some positive relations but they are not common yet will increase them and remove that small cheat. However they cannot get recruit from empty slot. They only can get 3rd slot even their relation is enough for 2nd slot.

I wrote that code and did not let ai to cheat. They can only get one slot ahead even their relation is not enough (for now) because initial positive relations are not set yet between lords and notables at game start. There are some positive relations but they are not common yet will increase them and remove that small cheat. However they cannot get recruit from empty slot. They only can get 3rd slot even their relation is enough for 2nd slot.
Can you confirm or deny that the AI knows how many recruits are available in each settlement without having to visit them?

Can you confirm or deny that the AI knows how many recruits are available in each settlement without having to visit them?

Yes they know how many recruits village has before visiting.

About other issue, if you are sure there is something wrong (AI recruits from empty village) you can give me save game and I can examine. Maybe there can be a bug which is not intended.

So I was going towards Ismilkorg to recruit some people after a battle, Urik's party was going there as well.

I got to the village first and discovered that there was no recruits or advanced units available, THE VILLAGE DIDNT HAVE ANY TROOPS FOR SALE.

When I left the village, Urik went in and came out with +7 recruits... So umm...Yea AI cheats.

EDIT: There is no way he could've gotten 7 recruits since in the village there are only enough spots for 6 recruits. So what the hell? I also have recruiting set to easiest and i still have troubles finding recruits btw.
Go to a village you are at war with. Find one with no recruits.
Take a hostile action, force them to give you recruits.

Bam! Recruits.

They are there, you just can't get to them, friend or foe.

Yes they know how many recruits village has before visiting.

About other issue, if you are sure there is something wrong (AI recruits from empty village) you can give me save game and I can examine. Maybe there can be a bug which is not intended.
hey @mexxico sorry for hijacking this thread to ask you this, but is there a bug/perk problem currently that prevents defending armies/smaller parties of helping in the defence of a besieged city/fort ?

Every siege i have done or seen so far i have noticed smaller parties gathering around you, just waiting there doing nothing untill they outnumber you or a large army arrives to attack you head on instead of helping the city in the siege.

There is a perk called "Stand United" in the steward tree, the 8th one at 200 skill level namely: If you are leading a siege, any party leaving or entering must engage first. But it would seem that is always active or am i missing something ?

Or you know... AI could upgrade and actually level up their troops lol

They do.

However the process takes more than 3 or 4 battles and with the way AI fights battles, the odds of any one troop surviving are incredibly low. Just follow an AI party around and watch the losses they take. Their units would need to be ranking up every single battle for them to stand a chance of getting a party that was similar to a player party in composition (majority T4-5-6, almost no T1) and even then it would all go away the moment they lost.

I've seen the AI amass some pretty scary armies. I think it mainly happens later in the game when higher level recruits become more common.

lOapBi4.jpg

Besides, I'm pretty sure the AI knows how many recruits are available in each settlement without needing to visit them, because I've seen AI turn away from settlements they were heading for when another lord beat them to it and bought the recruits out from under them. So if he was heading there it was probably for a reason.

I can confirm this from my tests. I had a save which I was loading many times to test various stuff.
Every time after a while a lord was coming to nearby village and was recruiting 2 recruits from the first slots.
But when I immediately went to this village and recruited those 2 myself, then the lord never appeared, every time.
Which means he already knew there are no recruits there and chose to go elsewhere.

I've seen the AI amass some pretty scary armies. I think it mainly happens later in the game when higher level recruits become more common.

200+ Khuzait lancers
200+ Khuzait horse archers

Literally unplayable.

131 Sturgian Horse Raiders

RIP your entire first rank.

Back
Top Bottom