AI cheats in recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was going towards Ismilkorg to recruit some people after a battle, Urik's party was going there as well.

I got to the village first and discovered that there was no recruits or advanced units available, THE VILLAGE DIDNT HAVE ANY TROOPS FOR SALE.

When I left the village, Urik went in and came out with +7 recruits... So umm...Yea AI cheats.

EDIT: There is no way he could've gotten 7 recruits since in the village there are only enough spots for 6 recruits. So what the hell? I also have recruiting set to easiest and i still have troubles finding recruits btw.

Let the poor AI to use some cheats, the player is playing the game with huge advantage.

- Caravans
- Workshops
- Choose carefully your battles
- Load savegames
- Tons of companions
- The possibility of manual trading which gives huge amount of money if doing correctly.
- Fund 4 parties while AI Clans are only able to fund 3 at max.

Derther will be a joke for you after +500 days.

Last edited:
Yeah the AI needs help to not be wiped out and forever broke and caught by bandits if they have one bad fight.
I would rather the game be equally harsh on the AI and just prevent the AI from aggressively wiping each other out, like "IF AI take land it must declare peace for 6 months unless player does X or Y." "If faction has X lands it doesn't try to take any more unless player does X Y".
I like seeing the busted up lords waddling around the map in despair, I just don't want the game to finish it's self without me, but if I want to crush the map with my faction I want to be able to do so and make them all suffer.

There is no way he could've gotten 7 recruits since in the village there are only enough spots for 6 recruits. So what the hell? I also have recruiting set to easiest and i still have troubles finding recruits btw.
Could you please state which village it was, and provide a screenshot of the recruitment menu (if that's not too much to ask)? Each and every notable in a village provides exactly 6 recruitment slots. I have yet to notice any villages with only 1 notable in them, so the minimum slots they could have had would be 12. With three notables it becomes 18 slots. I think you may be misunderstanding how the recruitment system works in the game unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Could you please state which village it was, and provide a screenshot of the recruitment menu (if that's not too much to ask)? Each and every notable in a village provides exactly 6 recruitment slots. I have yet to notice a village with only 1 notable in it, so the minimum slots they could have would be 12. With three notables it becomes 18 slots. I think you may be misunderstanding how the recruitment system works in the game unless I'm missing something.
It got spots for 12 units but 6 of those are the "You are my friend so you can buy advanced troops" so only 6 recruits can be recruited. Mind you, all the slots were empty when i arrived but when i left and Urik went in after me, he came out with +7 recruits above his head.

- Caravans
- Workshops
- Choose carefully your battles
- Load savegames
- Tons of companions
- The possibility of manual trading which gives huge amount of money if doing correctly.
- Fund 4 parties while AI Clans are only able to fund 3 at max.

Derther will be a joke for you after +500 days.
Yea but here is a thing... I can use those advantages if I want to break the game, If I actually want to roleplay and stay in character...I pretty much don't have any advantages. I also do my best to not savescum. I could trade my way into prosperity but that's not who my character is, he is not a trader. AI also has caravans on top of having taxable cities, castles, and villages so those aren't really advantages to the player. Companions aren't really useful either... you gotta spend hella money to get one equipped and even then they just easily die to looters, had a companion with a party of 50 and they got captured by forest bandits.

It got spots for 12 units but 6 of those are the "You are my friend so you can buy advanced troops" so only 6 recruits can be recruited.
AI lords have their own relations with notables (which can raise or lower), and many of them can recruit from all 6 out of 6 slots per notable. So Urik may have had access to all 12 spots. I bet that's the case if you say all 12 were empty (because someone must be recruiting them for them to end up empty). As far as him getting +7 after you left, I'm guessing the AI got some lucky last minute spawns that weren't there when you were.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the AI knows how many recruits are available in each settlement without needing to visit them, because I've seen AI turn away from settlements they were heading for when another lord beat them to it and bought the recruits out from under them. So if he was heading there it was probably for a reason.

It got spots for 12 units but 6 of those are the "You are my friend so you can buy advanced troops" so only 6 recruits can be recruited. Mind you, all the slots were empty when i arrived but when i left and Urik went in after me, he came out with +7 recruits above his head.

Sounds like Urik recruited the 6 recruits you were blocked from getting due to relations along with 1 more having respawned between your entrance and his. That's not exactly "cheating."

AI lords have their own relations with notables (which can raise or lower), and many of them can recruit from all 6 out of 6 slots per notable. So Urik may have had access to all 12 spots.
Again, he may have access to all 12 spots but that doesn't change the fact that there was nothing in those 12 spots. So unless the AI gets access to some secret stash of recruits, there is no logical explanation as to why they are able to recruit while I don't see any available.

Sounds like Urik recruited the 6 recruits you were blocked from getting due to relations along with 1 more having respawned between your entrance and his. That's not exactly "cheating."
Nope, normally you see the advanced troops that are available to recruit, if your relations aren't high enough, those will be locked but still visible. THERE WAS NO TROOPS IN THE SETTLEMENT RECRUITMENT SCREEN, ALL SPOTS WERE EMPTY.

Again, he may have access to all 12 spots but that doesn't change the fact that there was nothing in those 12 spots. So unless the AI gets access to some secret stash of recruits, there is no logical explanation as to why they are able to recruit while I don't see any available.

You have changed this story several times throughout the first 10 posts in this thread alone. At this point, screenshots or it didn't happen. It sounds like you just didn't quite understand how recruiting works, got upset about that, and now refuse to acknowledge it for pride reasons...

You have changed this story several times throughout the first 10 posts in this thread alone. At this point, screenshots or it didn't happen. It sounds like you just didn't quite understand how recruiting works, got upset about that, and now refuse to acknowledge it for pride reasons...
Ok how have I changed the story?

I went into the village, no recruits or other troops available to purchase. I came out, Urik went in and came out with +7 recruits above his head. The village has 6 bright green spots, and 6 dark green spots, all of them were empty when i went in.

Back
Top Bottom