SP - Economy Overhaul to Smithing Stamina?

Users who are viewing this thread

Draekrio

Recruit
So I've seen a lot of mixed feelings regarding the Smithy Stamina, Some people hate it, some people are indifferent, but the general consensus seems to be that it's a bit of a hurdle. Rather than simply making it easier or doing away with it entirely, what if The initial stamina was lowered significantly, but gained growth from Smithing skill?

Random example numbers.

Starting Smithy stamina of 50. raises by 0.5 per skill.
At 100 Skill, Stamina returns to where it was before.
at 300 skill the character has 200 Smithy Stamina to knock things out

Or perhaps a direct Stamina = Skill level. assuming there are any actions that cost exactly 5 to be able to start from the very bottom with?

Exact numbers are up for discussion obviously, I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Rather than simply making it easier or doing away with it entirely, what if The initial stamina was lowered significantly, but gained growth from Smithing skill?
I think this would make it even slower in the start.

Why not change it so that your stamina is very high and the simpler things you're trying to make (low tier) the less stamina it takes.
It would make smithing bearable and also make it harder the higher tier stuff you're trying to make.

I feel the stamina should regenerate easier, maybe?
For now it seems to me that it regenerates only when you are waiting - and I rarely do that. So I can travel all the map around for many days, yet I will have no stamina when I enter the Smithy after that.
I did just give up on smithing because I rarely have any stamina.

I feel the stamina should regenerate easier, maybe?
For now it seems to me that it regenerates only when you are waiting - and I rarely do that. So I can travel all the map around for many days, yet I will have no stamina when I enter the Smithy after that.
I did just give up on smithing because I rarely have any stamina.

I think its a realism thing, you can't just have instant smithing, that's entirely not real, by introducing stamina it strife a balance between realism and gaming, as you would expect one to do limited task per day, and you have to borrow the furnance from the smith in the town, so you won't be able to do smithing outside towns, and that's why you have to wait in towns in order to regenerate stamina.

But to be fair, I think people should be able to produce more at once, especially on metalworking or charcoal making as you become more experienced, reducing redundancy in actions due to inexperience, or one should be able to produce more as the smithy levels up so you can borrow more furnances, and it would be a nice investment in town if you are the lord (you can't borrow furnance from workshops, only local smithy, so I think there ought to be a way to upgrade that)

I believe smihing stamina should recover whenever you rest in town or travelling world map.
Also the cost of action is to high vs benefits you get from it, not sure if I'll master this skill before my character natural death :grin:

Back
Top Bottom