SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

Users who are viewing this thread

Why should we have late medieval armors in Bannerlord? That's absolutely dumb suggestion of missing feature. It should actually be the opposite thing, change the timeframe of the game to 200 before so that the lore could make som actual sense.
All the other suggestions are ok and needed.
The game doesn't take place in late medieval era and plate armours would look so out of place. Just wait for a mod that takes place in late medieval era.
I completely disagree with the late medieval armor, this game is in another setting. For instance, did you have equipment from the Renaissance period in WB? Would that not have felt out of place?

Don't worry, in a year's time, if not less, there'll be plenty of equipment mods with this kind of stuff, but I think it'd be silly of TaleWorlds to do it themselves when they set out to change the setting of the game (to an earlier time period).

I'd add skill books, which I've suggested in another thread ! In the current system, they could add +1 Focus or hidden perks.

Also this one's not a WB feature per se, but Viking Conquest had religions which expanded on the culture system. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details but there were, at least, pagans and christians, and you sometimes had to walk on egg-shells regarding companions especially. I think that's the kind of thing that could give the characters more personality.
If you click on the suggestion, it links to a thread. You can discuss whether late period armor should be in the game there.

As I said before... this is a list of missing features. Not all of them should necessarily be added into Bannerlord. I also disagree with plate armor being added back in, since they're making some effort to be more period-accurate with their equipment. But, someone wanted it, so I figured it should be added to the list.

Well, I guess any feature that's in Warband and not in Bannerlord is a missing WB feature, including things that might not be what TW envisioned.

One simple QoL feature I couldn't find is the Ctrl+Space time speed-up.

Is the fast-forward option in BL as fast as it? You can use that by pressing 3, or clicking on the button, I think. But a faster speed up is probably necessary for some things.

Is the fast-forward option in BL as fast as it? You can use that by pressing 3, or clicking on the button, I think. But a faster speed up is probably necessary for some things.

It's much slower, Ctrl+Space made going from one city to the other a matter of a couple of seconds.

OK, I've reorganized the OP and added in the new suggestions.

Naval Combat
The thing I'm missing the most is the event log with records of what you paid, what happened in the kingdom and how your relationships with other characters changed.
One simple QoL feature I couldn't find is the Ctrl+Space time speed-up.
Remember that you can start suggestion threads for those features, and post the links here. One of the main utilities of this list is to allow people to find missing WB feature threads to discuss them and draw more attention to them.

OK, I've reorganized the OP and added in the new suggestions.

Remember that you can start suggestion threads for those features, and post the links here. One of the main utilities of this list is to allow people to find missing WB feature threads to discuss them and draw more attention to them.

OK thx. I started a topic here. So you can add the hyperlink to OP

Can someone make a list? I never played it, but I have now completely finished mount and blade 2's campaign ( conquered and now own every settlement w/o opposition).I'd like to know what else we have to look forward to in the future..

Thanks

im guessing you mean Warband in native mode (non modded) Then the only things i can think of missing is 1) Claiment/rebellions (which was a pretty empty feature) 2) some info lists like a list with the numbers of relations with all lords 3) learning poems for boosting relationships with possible wives 4) holding feasts for lords.

We know there are several features missing from Bannerlord, but we dont know fully what they are. We know several diplomacy and conversation features are not finished and we have been told rebellions will come into the game.

The log, the damn log to revisit previews messages. I'd even expect an improved version of it.

Also I'd love to know when my kingdom starts a war or a fief gets besieged/taken other than a few seconds message on the left corner. Warband interrupts the game with full screen messages and I miss them in Bannerlord.

Village ownership/management. In Warband you would receive a village upon becoming vassal. In Bannerlord you get...some pittance of gold and often a -1 influence penalty for not owning a fief because of that stupid trial policy.

Although I love Warband, let's face it, it's baren on features. So let's not use it as a benchmark for Bannerlord. I think most Warband fans are hoping for a little more depth to the mechanics than we had in WB?

That's exactly what a sequel should do to its prequel.

You're right, and I'm very happy they've stuck to the WB formula. Too many sequels to some of my favourite games have been ruined by changing stuff too much. I'm just saying, I hope they expand on WB a lottle more.

Off the top of my head:

Scheming with lords (special quests you can do with lords you have high relation with)

Insulting and then dueling lords

Feasts

When you attempt to sneak into a town and fail, in warband you had a chance to "fight your way out" which involved fighting 5 or 6 guards while wearing your disguise robes and wielding nothing but a stick

Learning poems from bards, and reciting them to ladies to gain relation with them

Purchasing and reading books

Having a village your have high relation "cause a distraction", which reduced the number of guards you had to fight when breaking someone out of prison

Companions were premade (not randomly generated) and each of them was incompatible with 2 others, and if you had 2 incompatible companions in your party eventually they would argue and you'd have to choose to support one, and the other would eventually leave you unless you could persuade them to stay. Some companions would also get along particularly well, and would share that with you. Also with companions, when you traveled by a certain city relating to their backstory, they'd stop you and tell you some stuff about the places history. Companions would also complain about way more things. In Bannerlord you might have noticed someone complain about you raiding a village, except it doesn't mean anything. In Warband, they'd complain about that as well as running out of food, failing quests, and running away from battles. These things would make them unhappy and if they got mad enough they'd leave.

In warband when clicking menu options in settlements there was a chance you'd get waylaid by assassins, and you'd have to fight a couple bandits in the town at night by yourself.

Belligerent drunks; dudes in taverns who would randomly insult you and then attack you

You could find exiled claimants of every kingdom in towns. Instead of pledging to a current faction ruler, you could help the claimant retake their throne and become the new leader of that faction.

You could set up camp wherever, and wander around your campsite. Admittedly there was no point to this, and the main function of setting up camp was that it just brought up another menu of options like choosing to retire from adventuring or choosing a book to read.

The ability to accompany parties on the map

Oh, and you could actually buy good armor from shops.

Flauvious said:
You could set up camp wherever, and wander around your campsite. Admittedly there was no point to this, and the main function of setting up camp was that it just brought up another menu of options like choosing to retire from adventuring or choosing a book to read.

In Viking Conquest you Could fortify that Camp and make it permanent. You could stash troops there and they'd get trained during that time. Was a great feature in early game or if you didn't want to join a kingdom.
Hope they implement it in Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom