Add function-Control soldier to fight after death

Users who are viewing this thread

when player die in battle,what they can do is just looking the screen and lost enthusiasm,so can Taleworlds add “fighting as your soldiers”function after player die to bannerlord,so we can charge without fear of player death.Also we can experience the control of different arms,it's very Interesting
like in multiplayer mode,we can spwan soldiers in game via press F.
really hope developer can consider and add this function in next patch update,it will enhance game experience and fun!
Tips:
@R4MPZY shared this great MOD,download here:Bannerlord Control Your Allies After Death MOD

Last edited:
Please. This is one of the things I am a little surprised isn't in already. It was like the FIRST thing to be modded into warband and seems the natural sort of improvement feature to include in a sequel.

Please. This is one of the things I am a little surprised isn't in already. It was like the FIRST thing to be modded into warband and seems the natural sort of improvement feature to include in a sequel.
But why? the whole point is that YOU are your own character, if you die its over.

For MP it is understandable but for SP no. There will be a mod for that but no need for vanilla imo.

But why? the whole point is that YOU are your own character, if you die its over.

For MP it is understandable but for SP no. There will be a mod for that but no need for vanilla imo.

I mean, if that's how you prefer to play, fine. Don't play after your character goes down. Just autoresolve or lean back in your chair. The inclusion of this feature wouldn't deprive you of that.

However the "if you die its over" is just arbitrary. You get back up after every fight. There's nothing meaningful about that mechanic. Nothing is lost by giving an alternative.

Its also literally one of the most modded features, if not the most, in Warband that directly enhances the playability of the direct M&B design. Ignoring something like that is silly design. People who don't like it can just... not. Just like if you don't like marriage in game nobody is making you do it.

yeah,maybe i can wish it being added to mods,why need this function,it's really boring after player dies,lost passion.what's more,i want to experience different arms contorl feeling,not always player oneself.

I mean, if that's how you prefer to play, fine. Don't play after your character goes down. Just autoresolve or lean back in your chair. The inclusion of this feature wouldn't deprive you of that.

However the "if you die its over" is just arbitrary. You get back up after every fight. There's nothing meaningful about that mechanic. Nothing is lost by giving an alternative.

Its also literally one of the most modded features, if not the most, in Warband that directly enhances the playability of the direct M&B design. Ignoring something like that is silly design. People who don't like it can just... not. Just like if you don't like marriage in game nobody is making you do it.
Everything you just said i can use against you aswell.

"I mean, if thats how you prefer to play, fine. Mod it into your game" but dont force it on others :wink:
You said it was the most populair mod for warband so it will no doubt be in Bannerlord, hence no need to add it for vanilla.

And i do feel it has meaning, if you know you can get back up in a fight anyway it takes away all the tension of being knocked out.

yeah,maybe i can wish it being added to mods,why need this function,it's really boring after player dies,lost passion.what's more,i want to experience different arms contorl feeling,not always player oneself.
I think it is actually a very important feature of the game. You are your own character who has a big impact on the battlefield, when you get hit by an arrow and have low hp you will make different decisions and fights will be more intense when you have low hp.

If you can just go down and pick the next best soldier that loses all its meaning.

Last edited:
Wouldn't do any harm to add it as a feature, people who prefer only playing their own character could just stay in spectator mode. Maybe make it similar to MP, F to take control and X to forfeit taking control for the rest of the battle. Maybe a option in the menu to enable/disable the ability? Etc.

Wouldn't do any harm to add it as a feature, people who prefer only playing their own character could just stay in spectator mode. Maybe make it similar to MP, F to take control and X to forfeit taking control for the rest of the battle. Maybe a option in the menu to enable/disable the ability? Etc.
yes,it's great

Everything you just said i can use against you aswell.

If you stretch what I said and abandon logic, yes.

"I mean, if thats how you prefer to play, fine. Mod it into your game" but dont force it on others :wink:

Having an option is not forcing something on you. If I ask you "Would you desert after dinner?" the act of asking you has not forced anything on you.

So no, it isn't the same. That's just a bad argument. My argument is to add another option, your argument is to restrict that option. My argument forces you to do nothing, your argument forces me to not do something.

You said it was the most populair mod for warband so it will no doubt be in Bannerlord, hence no need to add it for vanilla.

That is atrocious logic.
Modding can be an effective way to notice good core features you should include in updates. That's one of the contributions modding makes to a game.
If your users routinely patch in a feature on every product, its pretty obvious that's a feature you should consider including.

And i do feel it has meaning, if you know you can get back up in a fight anyway it takes away all the tension of being knocked out.
You're not getting back up, you're taking control of another character.

I think it is actually a very important feature of the game. You are your own character who has a big impact on the battlefield, when you get hit by an arrow and have low hp you will make different decisions and fights will be more intense when you have low hp.

If you can just go down and pick the next best soldier that loses all its meaning.

So don't do it?
I play on full realistic difficulty because the idea of taking less damage than anyone else ruins my idea of the challenge/excitement.

Do you see me asking for them to remove the lower difficulty options?
I don't use autoblock in Warband.
Do you see me telling them to remove it from Warband? Or demanding they don't add it to bannerlord?

No, because I'm not an ******* who needs other people restricted to his playstyle. I simply don't use those options and have zero issue with someone else playing the game different than me.

No, because I'm not an ******* who needs other people restricted to his playstyle. I simply don't use those options and have zero issue with someone else playing the game different than me.
I dont have any issues with someone else playing the game differently, that doesnt mean that everything that has been modded in the past,and will no doubt be modded in the feature become a vanilla feature.

That is atrocious logic.
Modding can be an effective way to notice good core features you should include in updates. That's one of the contributions modding makes to a game.
If your users routinely patch in a feature on every product, its pretty obvious that's a feature you should consider including.

Wasting time on something that will probably be the first thing to be modded into the game anyway, if it hasnt been done already, is atrocious indeed.
Armagan even said as an answer himself during an interview "will X feature be in vanilla game?" "No but there will no doubt be mods for that."

They already know how passionate the modding community is, VC and the current mods being developed with TW are proof of that.

EDIT: here you go,play as different character

Last edited:
I dont have any issues with someone else playing the game differently, that doesnt mean that everything that has been modded in the past,and will no doubt be modded in the feature become a vanilla feature.

Wasting time on something that will probably be the first thing to be modded into the game anyway, if it hasnt been done already, is atrocious indeed.
Armagan even said as an answer himself during an interview "will X feature be in vanilla game?" "No but there will no doubt be mods for that."

They already know how passionate the modding community is, VC and the current mods being developed with TW are proof of that.

EDIT: here you go,play as different character
Amazing,great mod!i've played it,thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom