It's in EA... Should it excuse "everything"?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll help you out here and say that I think this is a placeholder that we spawn in the same area, or at least I hope so too.

I don't think the culture passives are even active right now. Which ones do you think are useless?
It is a placeholder, atleast im pretty sure, cause this is the campaign mode, im pretty sure there will also be a pure sandbox mode, but the campaign mode is a really good intro to get into the game the first time. Also spawning in the middle of the map is not that bad, takes a day to get to anywhere elses territory with no units in the army.
Yes it seems culture bonuses are off atm and thats fine, as they are unbalanced, so i hope for some changes in those aswell, its what ea is for.

People confuse reason as an excuse.

Yes, stability and performance are weak, but the point of EA is finding it and addressing it. And the devs are doing precisely that. IF you don't want to participate in the INTENDED purpose of EA, DO NOT BUY THE GAME UNTIL the OFFICIAL release. It is like complaining a suit doesn't fit while the tailor is cutting the fabric.

Saying there are games in a better state than this is stupid because you can also state there are games in worse cases than this.

I'll help you out here and say that I think this is a placeholder that we spawn in the same area, or at least I hope so too.

I don't think the culture passives are even active right now. Which ones do you think are useless?
Well I wanted to say, that I didn't even know the problems I have brought up are even "Known" like you mentioned. interesting. I guess it's not a rant. hmmm.

Anyhow the placeholder makes sense for now. It's easy getting across the map, you just need about 10 recruits for body guards anyway.

I'm thinking the movement ones are pretty useless. What was it? 10% and 20% of... on avarage. 5.0? thats... not much of a difference, compared to 30% exp bonuses. The caravan one is neat, but rn the AI is so bad it just is a money drain... even with the faction bonus.
I like the other ones, they just don't make sense rn, The best is the exp.
So what? They don't work at all?

Of course it being EA is a valid excuse. You weren't lied to or cheated. Everyone who purchased Bannerlord did so knowing it was an incomplete game.

People buy EA games because they want to both financially support games they like early on and provide feedback to the developers to help them make the game the best they can produce. We're here to test the game and provide feedback because this is what we've elected to do with our time.

So... Yes. Of course it isn't ready for full release. That is the entire purpose of early access. If you bought this and expected the quality of a fully released product then you made a mistake.

I'm just going to state here, it was a rhetorical question. Or if you are going to give an answer, don't make it an obvious one. People look for the easy answers and become way to emotionally attached to how other people give their opinions, it's insanity.
This post turned hostile as soon as other people butted in taking over the conversation like mad dogs. And the only reason it had to do with me is because 1. I'm the op 2. I challenged people to look beyond their petty, first-came-to-mind-emotion posts and actually gave suggestions on how to do it. Then they refused. ignored me. and felt better just saying the same things over again and again, with what EA actually is. or a list of complaints. yaddayadda~

Last edited:
I'm thinking the movement ones are pretty useless. What was it? 10% and 20% of... on avarage. 5.0? thats... not much of a difference, compared to 30% exp bonuses. The caravan one is neat, but rn the AI is so bad it just is a money drain... even with the faction bonus.
I like the other ones, they just don't make sense rn, The best is the exp.
So what? They don't work at all?
You will find soon enough how crucial those bonuses are when you realize those factions are constantly in their territory. 20% or 10% is the difference between catching or escaping someone on the world map assuming you don't save-scum.

Right... If that's all you see it as, it's not very creative. Low-bone. expectations are lowered. good day.
You know what? I'll give you a little hint. Start by sharing your experiences? Try that. Please. If not, then finally - good day.
First to address the topic.

EA is not an excuse, it's a game development state. Early access is like coming to a friends party hours before it's time. You should know there's nothing set up, food is not done, and there isn't anything to do besides help. If you went to a friends party, and *****ed about the food not being done and just complained, who would be the ass in that situation?

Secondly...

If you wanted a constructive conversation, you should've used the search function and saw the other MULTIPLE toxic threads on the same subject. Instead you went to a public place to dump your opinion out and got what should be obvious results. Live and learn I guess?

giphy.gif
This is my favorite reply XD

I'm just going to state here, it was a rhetorical question. Or if you are going to give an answer, don't make it an obvious one.
This post turned hostile as soon as other people butted taking over the conversation like mad dogs.

You shouldn't ask questions on the internet and expect people to not answer them. You also shouldn't post on the internet if you don't want other people to response with their input. This is a public space meant for discussion, not a private place made so people can vent without worrying about other people raising counter-points to what is being complained about.

You made a thread about whether or not Early Access is a reasonable explanation for the game's state. People came to state their thoughts on the matter. If this was not your intent you should have worded the OP and title very differently.

I think it's very important to make it known every problem and concern we have about the game. I do think it's important to not be too nasty about it and trying to 'critique' an EA game is kinda dum. It's also dum to denounce everyone concerned with "dudes it's EA". We want to make sure TW knows what serious problems we have so that they will be changed by the time it's not in EA.
This could become the greatest game of all time, or it could become the dark souls 2 of M&B games, an okay game with it's own fans but overall a disappointment that didn't deliver what the fans really wanted.

Like I can say 3 things about perks that are all true: Dude the perks are ****. The perks aren't working as described (or at all). The perks are not useful enough and I would like more powerful and useful support skills and leveling system in the final game. I tend to say all 3.

You shouldn't ask questions on the internet and expect people to not answer them. You also shouldn't post on the internet if you don't want other people to response with their input. This is a public space meant for discussion, not a private place made so people can vent without worrying about other people raising counter-points to what is being complained about.

You made a thread about whether or not Early Access is a reasonable explanation for the game's state. People came to state their thoughts on the matter. If this was not your intent you should have worded the OP and title very differently.
I agree with you on some parts. wording things is very challenging on the internet. However I also corrected myself already so this doesn't matter anymore. drop it.

No one here cares or is focusing on that anymore. Stop trying to re-ignite things

If I wanted to re-ignite things I would focus on your replies and bait you. Instead I offered an a good analogy for something you obviously didn't understand and you ignore it and go for the least important bit of my post. Nice.

I think it's very important to make it known every problem and concern we have about the game. I do think it's important to not be too nasty about it and trying to 'critique' an EA game is kinda dum. It's also dum to denounce everyone concerned with "dudes it's EA". We want to make sure TW knows what serious problems we have so that they will be changed by the time it's not in EA.
This could become the greatest game of all time, or it could become the dark souls 2 of M&B games, an okay game with it's own fans but overall a disappointment that didn't deliver what the fans really wanted.

Like I can say 3 things about perks that are all true: Dude the perks are ****. The perks aren't working as described (or at all). The perks are not useful enough and I would like more powerful and useful support skills and leveling system in the final game. I tend to say all 3.
This ^^^^ Couldn't agree more. thank you for this.

I agree with you on some parts. working things is very challenging on the internet. However I also corrected myself already so this doesn't matter anymore. drop it.

Also, just like you can post whatever you like on the internet, so can other people. Stop trying to police others, if it's needed a moderator will do it.

If I wanted to re-ignite things I would focus on you're replies and bait you. Instead I offered an a good analogy for something you obviously didn't understand and you ignore it and go for the least important bit of my post. Nice.
What you said has already been said more then once on this thread. The last bit is not. So now that you understand how I quoted it, maybe you can take responsibility and move on.

Also, just like you can post whatever you like on the internet, so can other people. Stop trying to police others, if it's needed a moderator will do it.
I'll stop challenging people once they actually say something helpful

This is fine, the problem here (which the OP admitted to) is people not looking to see if the problem was already voiced or addressed. What's more noticeable a bunch of threads spread far apart about a subject, or one huge megathread that gets put at the top of the page?

People immediately go to complain instead of looking into their own issue, see if it's been resolved (via a future patch or temp fix) or addressed. It's not that people don't like the complaints, we don't like the lack of organization and lack of effort on the complainers part before posting.

This is fine, the problem here (which the OP admitted to) is people not looking to see if the problem was already voiced or addressed. What's more noticeable a bunch of threads spread far apart about a subject, or one huge megathread that gets put at the top of the page?

People immediately go to complain instead of looking into their own issue, see if it's been resolved (via a future patch or temp fix) or addressed. It's not that people don't like the complaints, we don't like the lack of organization and lack of effort on the complainers part before posting.
Again your issue. is assuming all this. this is YOUR opinion. if you want to find someone that wants to share it with you. it's not me.

Telling people to stop, isn't a challenge. It's a command, and pointless.
Replying to everything I'm replying back to is pretty pointless. so how about stop? oh wait...

Back
Top Bottom