It's in EA... Should it excuse "everything"?

Users who are viewing this thread

EA... Sure. I accept that, however it just doesn't feel right. Should've held off the release: There's plenty this game is going to need until I deem it worthy of a full release on my computer.
There's plenty wrong with the game. The price is not accurate. I purchased and played the game right away making sure I developed my own opinion.
after about 24hrs of gaming and constant patch updates... I just don't like it.

I was hoping to see some more ingenuity form this game.

Just wanted to get this out of the way:
people complained about the blocking system and then I hear it was changed back to the pleb version. in the other games: Makes two handed combat completely boring now; back to using ranged weapons to laugh at the people who wants to use two handed weapons.

MP: Haven't tried it yet. Looks frustrating! Sounds frustrating! Just a HUGE clusterF***. If I wanted to play something like this: Mordhau.
Can't wait for some strict rule servers where chain of command is a thing, and radio silence, is also a thing, and have some real battles with actually teamwork, rather then running around and attacking the first thing you see with a sword...

Anyhow... The AI is awful... Diplomacy is awful... and Sieges... oh wow, are they awful?! Yeah...
SP pretty much stopped for me when I hit the point of besieging or defending. -The pathing (AI just running blindly, most likely getting caught on something)... -The balance (One shot 20 people at once all group up at the gate) --- Sometimes the AI think it's okay to attack without and siege weapons at all, and try's to chop the gate down with their daggers, well this is going to be easy! I'll just tell my archers to rain down on them! Oh wait, the archers are durpy af and can't shoot past the parapets, nor can they line up on the wall correctly. If im lucky - I'll get say - 4 of my 20 archers firing. Most the time, none.
It'd be nice to have my archers already on the walls firing... but no, they're all in the back with me waiting for me to tell them what to do all the time even though we've had time to prepare and knew the enemy was coming. They just show up in a blob with the rest of my army, again all waiting to know what to do.

This is not even the half of the issues that I can't stand.
I'm sure once it's out of EA things will get better, and hopefully they add features and completely rework most the stuff here (Mainly the AI and the pure ingenuity of the whole game)
Going to uninstall now.

Well If these are all issues that have been addressed then I retract what I've stated. But yes, If I want to come here and "vent" I will, and I did. So many people refuse to understand other peoples opinions and assume everything before they even ask why as they come here to my post.

So if we have a constructive conversation that'd be great! Because This is the first time being on the forum, and would love to hear ideas, arguments, opinions etc... But don't come to my post to greet me this poorly without even understanding my side.

Well If these are all issues that have been addressed then I retract what I've stated. But yes, If I want to come here and "vent" I will, and I did. So many people refuse to understand other peoples opinions and assume everything before they even ask why as they come here to my post.

Sorry, but you aren't allowed to have complaints. Literally everything you can complain about is rebuffed by saying "early access". Take that!

Sorry, but you aren't allowed to have complaints. Literally everything you can complain about is rebuffed by saying "early access". Take that!
I'm not looking to get anything from this. I've complained, it's done. drop it. Change the subject.... oh wait actually... complaining does get a lot done doesn't it? well I don't want that, you'll find me different from yourself

Your right though, I'm not even annoyed at the features that are missing but I expected a smarter AI, QoL improvements over Warband(seriously loading screens to look at looters faces) etc. Things that can't be excused because it's Early Access sort of stuff.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game but still, I was hoping for something more.

It's funny how peoples first reactions to my post are like this, even though I stated I understood what EA is... It's literally the first 5 words.
Do you even bother reading these posts? or just come here to attack posters for the kick of it?

It's funny how peoples first reactions to my post are like this, even though I stated I understood what EA is... It's literally the first 5 words.
Do you even bother reading these posts? or just come here to attack posters for the kick of it?

You just edited your post with those "5 words" after you got some replies that you didn't like.

You just edited your post with those "5 words" after you got some replies that you didn't like.
Actually I edited it before I even knew there was reply's, as I usually do when I look over my post carefully. And it was edited long before anyone read it.
Anyway, I'm not here to talk about myself anymore. Talk about the game.

Your right though, I'm not even annoyed at the features that are missing but I expected a smarter AI, QoL improvements over Warband(seriously loading screens to look at looters faces) etc. Things that can't be excused because it's Early Access sort of stuff.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game but still, I was hoping for something more.
I think I'am in the same boat. I like the game. I feel like there needs to be more.

It's an answer to the title of your post.

If you don't want people to respond to your headline question - don't put it there...

It's an answer to the title of your post.

If you don't want people to respond to your headline question - don't put it there...
It's a challenging question. Taking an easy way out by harassing me or giving us a low-bone answer that's not constructive it not what I'm hoping for. I guess I should lower my expectations

There is nothing to talk about the game here, you didn't make any suggestions or gave constructive criticism, you just made a rant with a very edgy "I am going to uninstall now" at the end.
There is plenty to talk about, you just have to find what interests you, Like I did. Turns out the most interesting thing for you is all this: "es, EA is a valid excuse because it clearly states that the game is in a unfinished and unpolished state, you bought it because you wanted." "You just edited your post with those "5 words" after you got some replies that you didn't like."
So you could now have the power to drive the conversation into something else, but you're actively choosing not to, even though I'm encouraging you to do so.

It's a challenging question. Taking an easy way out by harassing me or giving us a low-bone answer that's not constructive it not what I'm hoping for. I guess I should lower my expectations

There is nothing challenging about the question - nor has your post put forth anything 'challenging'.

It's a rant, it's not even put forth in a way that anyone would want to engage with it on whether they agree / disagree with some of your issues.

It's just a rant and is treated like such. You may think it's everyone who is responding that is acting poorly, but the reality is that it is you who are the problem. After you uninstall, have a look in the mirror.

There is nothing challenging about the question - nor has your post put forth anything 'challenging'.

It's a rant, it's not even put forth in a way that anyone would want to engage with it on whether they agree / disagree with some of your issues.

It's just a rant and is treated like such. You may think it's everyone who is responding that is acting poorly, but the reality is that it is you who are the problem. After you uninstall, have a look in the mirror.
Right... If that's all you see it as, it's not very creative. Low-bone. expectations are lowered. good day.
You know what? I'll give you a little hint. Start by sharing your experiences? Try that. Please. If not, then finally - good day.

There is nothing to talk about the game here, you didn't make any suggestions or gave constructive criticism, you just made a rant with a very edgy "I am going to uninstall now" at the end.

Actually there is plenty to talk about here:

EA... Sure. I accept that, however it just doesn't feel right. Should've held off the release:
Some people were actually saying this in the beta.

I was hoping to see some more ingenuity form this game.
I agree, it doesn't seem to have changed much from the Warband formula, you still go about doing everything more or less the same way.

Just wanted to get this out of the way:
people complained about the blocking system and then I hear it was changed back to the pleb version. in the other games: Makes two handed combat completely boring now; back to using ranged weapons to laugh at the people who wants to use two handed weapons.
Not sure if this is complaining about autoblock being reintroduced but while it doesn't bother me, I do feel that the whole point in having manual block is for it to be challenging, if you don't want the challenge stick with a shield, go on horseback and lance people, or simply play as an archer.

MP: Haven't tried it yet. Looks frustrating! Sounds frustrating! Just a HUGE clusterF***. If I wanted to play something like this: Mordhau.
Can't wait for some strict rule servers where chain of command is a thing, and radio silence, is also a thing, and have some real battles with actually teamwork, rather then running around and attacking the first thing you see with a sword...
Again, I can agree, most multiplayer game modes in mount&blade are just chaotic messes. It would be really cool for some sort of actual tactical battles going on instead of random free for alls.

Anyhow... The AI is awful... Diplomacy is awful... and Sieges... oh wow, are they awful?! Yeah...
SP pretty much stopped for me when I hit the point of besieging or defending. -The pathing (AI just running blindly, most likely getting caught on something)... -The balance (One shot 20 people at once all group up at the gate) --- Sometimes the AI think it's okay to attack without and siege weapons at all, and try's to chop the gate down with their daggers, well this is going to be easy! I'll just tell my archers to rain down on them! Oh wait, the archers are durpy af and can't shoot past the parapets, nor can they line up on the wall correctly. If im lucky - I'll get say - 4 of my 20 archers firing. Most the time, none.
It'd be nice to have my archers already on the walls firing... but no, they're all in the back with me waiting for me to tell them what to do all the time even though we've had time to prepare and knew the enemy was coming. They just show up in a blob with the rest of my army, again all waiting to know what to do.
All of these things were the same in Warband 10 years ago, and they haven't improved on it really. If it will change in Early Access then shoot me but I don't think it will, not if it hasn't changed since Warband.

This is not even the half of the issues that I can't stand.
I'm sure once it's out of EA things will get better, and hopefully they add features and completely rework most the stuff here (Mainly the AI and the pure ingenuity of the whole game)
And there you go, he's got a bit of positivity in the end.

And what does your post contribute to this? Attacking him isn't much better. He gave his honest gripes about what is bothering him with the game but people are jumping down his throat.

Back
Top Bottom