I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

In Warband, afaik, the number was more like 15%.

Got any data on that which I could take a look at? I mean, looking at the numbers right now probably isn't representative of Warband's heyday, just like right now BL's numbers could be off with SP being released and with MP being playable for months already.

I just did a quick check myself with Warband. There is around 370 players on Native MP servers out of 16391 total players right now which comes to 2.2% (this is .1% less than Bannerlord's 2.3% right now. That is actually pretty crazy how similar those two numbers are for both games right?)

Last edited:
Got any data on that which I could take a look at? I mean, looking at the numbers right now probably isn't representative of Warband's heyday, just like right now BL's numbers could be off with SP being released and with MP being playable for months already.

I just did a quick check myself with Warband. There is around 370 players on Native MP servers out of 16391 total players right now which comes to 2.2%
Hit em with the facts. ?

One question if you are up for it: do you think Siege mode would benefit from inroducing team damage, since now it is a ranked mode through matchmaker?

Right now our game modes are all kind of set up to be casual, so I'm not sure if team damage will be enabled on them. Personally I would love to see it and think team damage should be enabled in all game modes at all times, but it isn't my call.

why are you only cutting it down to native mp and not accounting for the same figures with the singleplayer count, which will also be extremely mod heavy.

We'll see how long this takes.

the second post you quoted there is just a sarcastic reply to someone that isn't me, so literally useless. Warband MP is not 'shiny and new' either, didn't stop it from maintaining 10-15% MP population after 10 years did it? Callum essentially admitting that the Bannerlord MP from 8 months ago is very similar to the Bannerlord MP today, since his argument is that there's limited new content there so people aren't playing it as much. good to know that TW agree the beta period was wasted potential. nothing he posted has anything to do with the statistics in my post, all of which are verifiably true.

as much as TW might hate it, the best players in their game are their most vocal critics. if they ever host tournaments for Bannerlord, it's essentially inevitable that it will be won by people that dislike Bannerlord's MP.

I just did a quick check myself with Warband. There is around 370 players on Native MP servers out of 16391 total players right now which comes to 2.2%

the 15% is from one of your own posts giving that as a number on the beta board, although I don't have the post saved. using numbers from now isn't helpful for Warband, since most MP people aren't playing it other than evening events. check the numbers in an hour and a half from now :smile:

why are you only cutting it down to native mp and not accounting for the same figures with the singleplayer count, which will also be extremely mod heavy.

Because native is the only direct comparison we can make. Bannerlord doesn't have DLCs or MP mods.

Callum essentially admitting that the Bannerlord MP from 8 months ago is very similar to the Bannerlord MP today, since his argument is that there's limited new content there so people aren't playing it as much.

Callum is simply stating that people have had access to MP in some form for some time now. Gibby, meanwhile, is putting words into Callum's mouth.

Events were one of the big things that kept Warband MP alive for such a long time, some people are still waiting for battle to be implemented so that events can continue. Check the amount of people playing at the weekend around 7pm GMT, that's roughly when the population jumps up.

Callum is simply stating that people have had access to MP in some form for some time now. Gibby, meanwhile, is putting words into Callum's mouth.

Callum meanwhile is ignoring the rest of the post, particularly the part where Gibby points out that the 15% is one of Callum's own statistics.

This was essentially my argument over on Steam as well. When asked why mutliplayer is so barren of players lately, I supposed that it's because once upon a time it was the only way to play Bannerlord, while a lot of players who were originally grinding the beta might now be headed to singleplayer. It feels pretty natural to me, and I don't see why it would have anything to do with the quality of multiplayer. Singleplayer is just the more novel game mode right now since it's only recently been put in our hands.

Callum meanwhile is ignoring the rest of the post, particularly the part where Gibby points out that the 15% is one of Callum's own statistics.

One of my own guesstimates based on no real data. And I think you might have added an extra 5% on there because my own thoughts have always been around 10% or less of the playerbase played MP compared to SP. The beta board is in the archive section of the forums, please feel free to quote my post from there.

Yea, that's not the EU server I land on then, that's just another way of joining the Oceania server, you .... anyway, I'm sure you know.
Wrong. Select EU as your region and quick play for Siege. That gets everyone I know into EU servers, unless you mean to tell us we have 20-30 ping to Oceania servers.

You keep on complaining that people don't take you serious and then you go on to saying things like that :facepalm:

One of my own guestimates based on no real data. And I think you might have added an extra 5% on there because my own thoughts have always been around 10% or less of the playerbase played MP compared to SP. The beta board is in the archive section of the forums, please feel free to quote my post from there.

absolutely no way i'm gonna be able to find a specific post in the pile of **** that the beta board turned into, and in the post you quoted i said 10-15%. i don't want Bannerlord to do badly, sounds nice to be the best player among hundreds of thousands playing right? just is a fact that skirmish is a series of one-sided stomps that is resulting in people quitting that gamemode, literally just because there is a refusal to implement even a rudimentary ranking system for that mode based on K/D. MisterOutOfTime could do that for you in a day if you wanted :smile:

multiplayer is lacking alot of features... btw any news about the duel server?

Yes, we tried to open one this morning but ran into a problem. They are currently working on fixing an issue with passwords and then we can open a TDM server to be used for duels while we wait on the actual game mode.

Wrong. Select EU as your region and quick play for Siege. That gets everyone I know into EU servers, unless you mean to tell us we have 20-30 ping to Oceania servers.

You keep on complaining that people don't take you serious and then you go on to saying things like that :facepalm:

Oh wow, I made an oversight and admitted it directly when found out about some irrelevant detail. Well then, I must be just as wrong with everything else as well. Because that's how the universe works.

Oh wow, I made an oversight and admitted it directly when found out about some irrelevant detail. Well then, I must be just as wrong with everything else as well. Because that's how the universe works.
Would you believe me if I tell you I don't have the strength or the time to read through all of your posts? I went back and checked, you did correct yourself. Sorry for that.
It is still another example of yourself putting things you saw at first glance as a fact and telling people that have more experience that they are wrong. And yes, I would not be surprised if this wasn't the only instance of that happening.

.since callum seems to be on this thread I just want to mention that the wait times for skirmish games are crazy, I think it’s the biggest problem right now. Is anything being done about that? (Also you guys are doing great with SP keep up the good work there)

absolutely no way i'm gonna be able to find a specific post in the pile of **** that the beta board turned into, and in the post you quoted i said 10-15%. i don't want Bannerlord to do badly, sounds nice to be the best player among hundreds of thousands playing right? just is a fact that skirmish is a series of one-sided stomps that is resulting in people quitting that gamemode, literally just because there is a refusal to implement even a rudimentary ranking system for that mode based on K/D. MisterOutOfTime could do that for you in a day if you wanted :smile:

Same reason I won't be going back to defend my point either haha. I mean, we could probably use the advanced search tool to look for "10%" by username "Callum" in the "The Proving Grounds - Beta Discussion" board, but who has time for that.

And look, I know we are on the same page in that we all want MP to be great, and I know there are many issues with Bannerlord's MP right now, including what you highlighted with new players being steamrolled by experienced premades. Believe me when I say I'm very much of the, "give us ranked MM ASAP" crowd. However, unfortunately, we have limited resources and have to prioritise our work. And while it might seem as simple as just offloading the work to an outside source, it is actually much, much more complicated than that.

Back
Top Bottom