I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the summary of my text below: Taleworlds took everything out that people loved about Warband MP, and added everything in that no one wanted or asked for.

-The combat in multiplayer is terrible compared to singleplayer. It is sticky and has extremely low speed. This needs to be fixed immediately. Make our movements as responsive as they are in SP. (This seems to now be acceptable)

-You didn't allow us to create dedicated servers, which may fix that issue with the combat. I can speak on behalf of everyone that we, as a community can host servers much better than you. The community will always do a better job in any multiplayer game that requires a server.

-There are no duel servers. We have asked for this since the beginning of Alpha. Why this hasn't been done is beyond me. Huge oversight and poor management is my only guess.

-You ignored all of the pleas to get rid of the class system. You ignored the pleas to keep player customization. Take a quick look on the forums. There is an overwhelming negativity around the subject. No one asked for it. No one wants it. That's something you guys are going to have to wrap your head around.

-For the love of god, PLEASE turn friendly fire on in TDM and Siege. Again, like we've all been asking you to do because it's something we want.

I mean seriously. What the hell? The multiplayer is going to die in EA before it even starts on release. I am so disappointed that you guys managed to screw this up after 8 years.

You guys chose to completely ignore the playerbase about everything that was beloved in Warband, and my negative review on Steam will be lifted if this mindset of screwing over the MP community goes away. You guys had a whole 6-8 months of beta to change all of this while we were screaming at you about these issues the whole time. There was such great potential. What a shame.

Last edited:
Hi there mate;

First off, I believe understand your opinion, and eventhough I don't intend to confront your view, I'll add just a couple of things:
To me, the combat in MP is fast and -kind of- as responsive. It's never going to be as responsive as offline, and there's a slight delay feel to blocking I would say. Perhaps it's a connection issue? I had no problems with that, except for a couple of moments when everything felt floaty. My connection is fairly fast however, and I know I'm lucky with that.

This leads me to the following: Warband. Jumping from Warband mp is going to be almost necessarily frustrating, not the same combat and not even freedom at selecting your equipment in TDM whatsoever. I've made a couple of transitions from games I loved to their sucessors and it was always frustrating. That said, and taking noticed that TW is hardly going towards Warband mp direction but into what you describe as a console feel, for their mainstream mp, or that's what I can invision with the current and previous state of things. However, I bet there'll be modded servers with a more refined combat than the current one, and we will be playing those.

Thirdly, this is EA, let's at least believe that many things will improve. From that point of view, Warband and NW are still better mp options should you want a reliable competitive or mild competitive version.

Lastly, man I'm with you about the friendly fire issue. It cuts me in half.

+1 duels
+1 dedicated servers
+1 friendly fire

but don't lose faith, this game has so much potential. it might not be what we wanted straight out of the box but they technically still haven't finished the game. its early access.

Chill dude, "iT Is aN EarlY AcCes", it justifies crappy gameplay, did you expect TW to really polish the game during past years of delaying release or half a year of beta?

"Remove the class system" stop repeating this it's not correct. Warband has a class system and it worked great, if you wanted to play as a 2 hander you did, if you wanted to pick a class that was more suited to the type of map you are playing on you did just that. In Bannerlord you're forced to play all these obscure classes you wouldn't usually pick because of how they unlock.

"Remove the class system" stop repeating this it's not correct. Warband has a class system and it worked great, if you wanted to play as a 2 hander you did, if you wanted to pick a class that was more suited to the type of map you are playing on you did just that. In Bannerlord you're forced to play all these obscure classes you wouldn't usually pick because of how they unlock.
I'm going to assume you're smart enough to know what I meant. Not very productive to try and twist it.

I'm going to assume you're smart enough to know what I meant. Not very productive to try and twist it.

Don't presume everyone knows what you're talking about, be correct in your terminology, removing the entire system would be dumb.

I couldn't agree more it feels so clunky and slow compared to warband... is the combat speed on the server set to very slow or what is the issue? and pls allow dedicated servers i dont want to go in a waiting queue after every single game i play. And pls remove the horrible class system i cant recognize any enemy players or my teammates and i dont want to press "alt" to see 60 names on my screen like in a ****ing mmo. Also i want to play naked with a 2h!!!

For whatever reason, the MP has been mangled. It's a huge downgrade from Warband, all the more frustrating as Bannerlord has a huge potential. Insane and incomprehensible.

For whatever reason, the MP has been mangled. It's a huge downgrade from Warband, all the more frustrating as Bannerlord has a huge potential. Insane and incomprehensible.

You haven't got a clue what you're on about. It IS Warband just with a ****ty class selection

Back
Top Bottom