Penalty for leaving matches

Penalty for leaving matches?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

People leaving in the middle of matches is a huge issue especially in the skirmish gamemode.
When someone leaves, their team becomes at a disavantage and most of the time gets snowballed ruining the game for everyone else.
In my opinion there should be a penalty for leaving in the middle of matches like in csgo or atleast making it so leaving a match doesnt save your kd/win rate.

I would like to know the opinion of the community regarding this situation so I will be leaving a poll.

I agree.

Something really needs to be done about this, at some point. I feel like nearly every match I play in captain mode, I see people just leaving. It's extremely bm and annoying. Not too long ago all my teammates ended up quitting. Leaving me 1v6...

Right now, all of our game modes can be considered to be casual. Once we work on the matchmaking/competitive side of things we will look to introduce cooldowns and bans for people that abandon matches frequently.

Once we work on the matchmaking/competitive side of things

Any idea when this might be? I feel like even a very basic form of matchmaking as soon as possible would be incredibly helpful, currently Skirmish is close to unplayable with more often than not teams of new players against experienced players, often stacked, which results in one-sided stomps. I hope it's being looked into.

Any idea when this might be? I feel like even a very basic form of matchmaking as soon as possible would be incredibly helpful, currently Skirmish is close to unplayable with more often than not teams of new players against experienced players, often stacked, which results in one-sided stomps. I hope it's being looked into.
Pretty much this. Regarding MP this should be way up high the list. If you don't have spent a significant time in Warband MP or beta, multiplayer is absolute ass right now.

I mean it can be ass if you do have a significant time in warband :grin: Ive only had one close game where it was 1-1 after a 1v2 on the flag and half the enemy team still left

I mean it can be ass if you do have a significant time in warband :grin: Ive only had one close game where it was 1-1 after a 1v2 on the flag and half the enemy team still left
Most of my games consist of my team getting 2 kills ... over 3 rounds. MP will be dead before the game leaves EA at this rate with only clans still playing. The casual experience has been utter ****e so far.

Right now, all of our game modes can be considered to be casual. Once we work on the matchmaking/competitive side of things we will look to introduce cooldowns and bans for people that abandon matches frequently.

The problem with waiting on changing this is that even if this is casual play, it is frustrating that there is no incentive to stick out a losing match. Lots of the time, solo queued players will leave match after 2 round losses because currently losses are not tracked if you leave match early. It's stupid but some players care way too much about their K/D Win/Loss numbers in lobby.

The problem with waiting on changing this is that even if this is casual play, it is frustrating that there is no incentive to stick out a losing match. Lots of the time, solo queued players will leave match after 2 round losses because currently losses are not tracked if you leave match early. It's stupid but some players care way too much about their K/D Win/Loss numbers in lobby.
Maybe they leave because it's just not fun getting steamrolled by clans? Game is absolutely not casual as Callum said. I'm glad I can leave those matches so those guys don't get to have fun as well.

I feel like even a very basic form of matchmaking as soon as possible would be incredibly helpful

As a personal note, I couldn't agree more with this statement. We definitely need a way to match people based on some type of Elo rating or something similar to prevent the roaming death squads of M&B veterans from destroying the fresh meat.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea when it will be worked on and implemented. :sad:

Maybe they leave because it's just not fun getting steamrolled by clans? Game is absolutely not casual as Callum said. I'm glad I can leave those matches so those guys don't get to have fun as well.

I totally see where you're coming from. I've done lots of solo queue as well as team queue. I had a lot of fun solo queuing trying to find a way to beat those guys with better communication. I like using team chat to try and strategize with other solo queue players and maybe win a few rounds. It's hard to do that when everybody leaves. But it's pretty sweet when you come back from 0 - 2 against a clan and win.

Back
Top Bottom