Bandit-situation is getting out of hand. Needs looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread

jli084

Recruit
This is how it looks next to the valandian capital:

9s3M7sO.jpg

6kYE6nm.jpg

Its the same all over the place. It makes no sence and its getting annoying.

That's why they need to add manhunters in the game, to lower their population a bit. I don't know why they removed manhunters when they had them in warband

It seems to happen the most away from the warfronts. With every noble rushing off to war there's no one to mop them up.
The hideouts could use some lower spawn rates too.

That's why they need to add manhunters in the game

OP has 3 hideouts close to each other. Maybe they should fight too lol. Bandits wars. Who is the king of the forest?

or just add hideouts as a possible target for nobles parties. You (or any other clan leader) can send out quests for them. And the player could even order his companion commanders to do it. Or hire those mercenaries clans.

- patrol around my area
- clear out the bandits
- attack hideout in XXX
- defend this YYY

Companions should have the freedom to move around and do whatever them want, but from time to time they should also take orders. Just like you can order them into your army. You are the clan head and the one paying the wages

Yeah seriously need manhunters or extended peace times between kingdoms where the lords will actually go back and deal with the issues. Or hell go a different route and make the bandits hostile to each other lmao, that'll sort the problem out quick enough. (You know, until you get that one forest bandit group that has a few hundred peasants they picked up from fighting other bandits..)

It seems to happen the most away from the warfronts. With every noble rushing off to war there's no one to mop them up.
The hideouts could use some lower spawn rates too.

This is yet another reason why we need to fix the fact that every kingdom is constantly at war. I think changing that would give the Lords time to mop them up, and that gives them something to do in peacetime. They need a chance to rebuild their armies every once in a while, and the player needs a chance to do other stuff than fight all the time so you can do stuff like level smithing or manage your settlements without risking your dumb kingdom losing half their territory while you're grocery shopping.

Yeah seriously need manhunters or extended peace times between kingdoms where the lords will actually go back and deal with the issues. Or hell go a different route and make the bandits hostile to each other lmao, that'll sort the problem out quick enough. (You know, until you get that one forest bandit group that has a few hundred peasants they picked up from fighting other bandits..)

...I would actually love to see a bandit doomstack of 400 peasants, lol.

Wow, yeah that is out of hand. I hope the devs see this and other threads. You better not be a manhunter!! Lords also need to be clearing their local villages of bandits.

This happens in a couple places because there's a number of hideouts nearby. The issue here is that there's a concentration of both sea raiders and mountain bandit hideouts in this spot, if that density is high enough, you'll see this.

AI Lords killing bandits won't really fix this, they'll just respawn at night to about the same density over time. The problem is that the hideouts are so close to eachother, and AI lords will never take out hideouts.

Bandit behavior is pretty underdeveloped right now I think. Bandits and looters spawn by hideouts until a certain fixed number exist in the game and then they patrol around near their hideouts. Hideouts have fixed locations, and this particular area has spawn points for a number of sea raider and mountain bandit hideouts.

This is actually pretty normal in my experience, especially if you as a player are killing hideouts, new hideouts will spawn again to a certain number of the maximum hideouts allowed on the map, so if you're clearing out one area of hideouts, and ignoring another spot, eventually all of them will respawn over clumped up in the area you're not killing.

Related note, bandits actually seem under-aggressive against anyone but weak player/Lord armies.

Example, I'll often see a stack of 30+ bandits completely ignore a villager group that's walking next to them within engagement range, and I have never seen them attack a caravan even once. In fact. I've never seen a Lord attack a caravan either, for that matter. I'm not sure if that's just because caravans have such a ridiculously high base speed (rocket-powered horse carts?) or if they're just not targeted at all.

I'm wondering if it's intentional because the devs know it would wreck the economy and just haven't been able to balance it, honestly.

Related note, bandits actually seem under-aggressive against anyone but weak player/Lord armies.

Example, I'll often see a stack of 30+ bandits completely ignore a villager group that's walking next to them within engagement range, and I have never seen them attack a caravan even once. In fact. I've never seen a Lord attack a caravan either, for that matter. I'm not sure if that's just because caravans have such a ridiculously high base speed (rocket-powered horse carts?) or if they're just not targeted at all.

I'm wondering if it's intentional because the devs know it would wreck the economy and just haven't been able to balance it, honestly.

They might be waiting until they get to add Manhunters or similar, since right now lords don't seem to care about bandits.

They might be waiting until they get to add Manhunters or similar, since right now lords don't seem to care about bandits.

I see them actively pursuing larger groups of 20-30+ pretty consistently, but completely ignoring smaller groups. I'm not sure if it's because they see the larger groups as a worthwhile target and the smaller groups as not worth their time, or if it's just that the smaller groups are generally faster and Lords tend to be pretty slow except for cav-heavy factions like Khuzaits or early-game Empire before they inevitably lose all their Caraphracts to attrition and start rolling around with 60+ peasants.

This is how it looks next to the valandian capital:

9s3M7sO.jpg

6kYE6nm.jpg

Its the same all over the place. It makes no sence and its getting annoying.

That is very normal from what I have seen- if anything those bands are exceptionally small- later into a campaign they are usually sized into the 40s.

The bandit spawning algorithm needs to have it's spawning limits adjusted. In my game there are some places like in the OP pictures where are more bandits than the total population of the region. They just need to crank down the numbers a bit.

Back
Top Bottom