Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Which has the better leveling system?

• Warband

• Bannerlord

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you guys feel the same as I do about character progression?

Past Level 10 it just takes forever to achieve anything. Also the rate at which you get skill points is way too low.
I've spend over 100 days doing nothing else but smithing and didn't get over 150 in smithing skill with full focus points in it.
And don't even get me started about skill point increases for companions. It feels like they are unable to increase their skills at all. ( I know that they do increase their skills, but its so painfully slow)

For me a huge part of Warband was to just sit back and focus on your character and then after a few hundred ingame days you come out of the shadow as that godlike beeing that is destroying everything.
It feels like thats not possible here, the game mechanics force you into beeing "normal" or rather "boring".
I hope they seriously speed up character profression, for the player and also for NPCs.

I agree with you. I played for like 12 hours and managed to get only Bow at 80 and one handed at 70, despite using them all the time and being very active during faction wars.

It definately needs tweaking because certain skills noteably stewardship level up very easily and once you command an army tactics move up pretty well. For the life of me I can't figure out if scouting is bugged or not because I never see tracks on the map, but if I spot hideouts it levels up so I know it's there.

Yea... after level 10 things really slow down.. And in skills after lvl 100 your progression will slow down aswell... I don't think I have ever had a skill above 150.. and only 1 or 2 above 125.. I cannot imagine how much running you have to do to get athletics to 250... I mean... It's basically impossible

If you're not adverse to mods there's some good ones that balance out the late game experience penalties, meaning you can continue to level even once you hit the soft cap of focus points, it's something TW will no doubt evaluate in future but mods work as a stop gap

If you're not adverse to mods there's some good ones that balance out the late game experience penalties, meaning you can continue to level even once you hit the soft cap of focus points, it's something TW will no doubt evaluate in future but mods work as a stop gap
Haha being adverse to mods and a Mount and Blade game are two things that don't work in the same sentence in my opinion.:xf-grin:
Where can I find them?

Yes. I haven't really noticed progression on my character in any other way than speed. Since i move and fight on foot only my athletics has gone up quite a bit. But other than that i don't feel like my character is much different.

Scouting works, but leveling it is painful. Hire a companion with decent scouting and you'll see tracks though

Is there a way to know what skills a companion will have before hiring them? Also seems like every one I've come across so far were just fighters except for one girl named like willowbark who had decent medicine skill. Gonna start a new campaign due to all the patches and the northern empire taking half the map in my first save anyway.

It definately needs tweaking because certain skills noteably stewardship level up very easily and once you command an army tactics move up pretty well. For the life of me I can't figure out if scouting is bugged or not because I never see tracks on the map, but if I spot hideouts it levels up so I know it's there.

Scouting works- one you get somewhere in the 40-50s you can see tracks but just barely. I think tracks start being way more obvious and useful to actually follow/tell what they are when Scouting gets into the 90-100 range.

Is there a way to know what skills a companion will have before hiring them? Also seems like every one I've come across so far were just fighters except for one girl named like willowbark who had decent medicine skill. Gonna start a new campaign due to all the patches and the northern empire taking half the map in my first save anyway.

Yes- search the Heroes tab and you can click on every name and it will show you the skills. Alternatively when in the tavern dialogue you can click on their name- just the UI does not line up with the name very well and you have to click all over to find the right spot.

In general my feeling is that leveling up is far more painful than it should be, and my opinion on where it should be is that getting any skill to 150 should be relatively quick, with it starting to slow down from there and then only really getting very slow for the last 50 or so (like, 5x+ as long as the rest long).

The vast majority of NPCs in the game have 150+ in their relevant skills. It doesn't make sense that the player is stuck so much lower than everyone else for such a long time, especially if an "average" soldier trained up by the player apparently picks up swordsmanship at the rate of a prodigy. I sympathize with people who want this to be a "marathon" game but I don't think an incredibly slow grind with the expectation of it taking 50+ hours of playtime to even get to 200 is likely what most people want or think is reasonable..

Yes- search the Heroes tab and you can click on every name and it will show you the skills. Alternatively when in the tavern dialogue you can click on their name- just the UI does not line up with the name very well and you have to click all over to find the right spot.

Huh, good to know.

Mods to temporarily fix this are on Nexus, I personally use BannerTweaks, as it fixes some other annoying stuff as well, like smithing stamina.
Link is below:
Also, you can smith with your other companions if you click on your profile picture in the bottom left of the smithy screen. Just a helpful tip!

What just came to my mind: In warband there was weapon proficiency and you leveled them up by using the weapon. In Bannerlord it feels like every skill works that way. BUT the big difference is, that in warband you could put points directly into the proficiency. In Bannerlords you can not you can only boost your XP gain.
I think there should be something like 5-10 free proficiency points every lvl up that you can put directly into whatever skill you want. As long as your maximum skill level allows it.

Back
Top Bottom