Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Current class system, or Warband's loadout customization?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

just compare vlandia swadia

Before you could go 1h sword, 2h sword, shield, darts and then heavy (~40) or light armor (~20) and thats it.

In Bannerlord you have way more options.

Ask the ~150k ppl playing now, then.
Ask what? I don't get your point. Premade classes are the single most disaproved feature in the community, that is a fact, like it or not.

As is the auto-block feature for Singleplayer, even though i don't see the point in it, and not only i haven't ever used it in Warband, but i forgot it exsisted until it started being asked for on the forums and discord, by a lot of people.

That being said, i recognise that many people need that feature, and i would like for them to get what they want, it is a sane request, and they are plenty.

What i don't like is people selfishly gatekeeping changes just because they personally dont mind the way things are now, even though they are in vast minority.

Last edited:
More like 149K playing singleplayer ????

Right. Thanks for making my point. We want them to try MP at some point right? Somewhere between their 3rd and 4th playthrough maybe which is tomorrow for some and in 5 years for others?

No, you're not. But you seem to be fine with only a handful fixed hardened core playing. I cannot read minds, it's just the impression I get.

Check the multiplayer section. I'm not the only one.

Oh wait, so I was right, yes? And whether you're the only one, or only one of those handful, is I think quite irrelevant for the point I was trying to make with my assumption about you.

Last edited:
vlandia got 3 different infantry 1h weapons already instead of 1
4 different 2h weapons instead of 1
2 different throwing weapons instead of 1
swadian infantry can choose from:
5 1handed swords
2 bastard weapons (2h but useable with shield)
2 2handed swords
2 awlpikes
2 throwings
4 shields
6 helmets
5 body armours
4 boots
4 gloves

not gonna go trough bannerlord but its less

wait 5 different arming swords, theres a lot of difference there

Confusing as hell for newer players. It's makes the game a niche nerd system. Knowing the exact length you need for this horse or in that situation. I love M&B multiplayer to death, but even I can't be arsed with that and would see it as overly complex. Then again, I don't have the time to stand all night next to someone just as freaky as me from the internet and practice swings with this or that weapon in 1 or 1,2 meters distance. I know that happens. I know what you did last 10 summers :grin:

Metefa i see no point in going further since you never want to give up on facts.

Also warband has more options i don't know what some of y'all are smoking but it isn't healthy.

Confusing as hell for newer players. It's makes the game a niche nerd system. Knowing the exact length you need for this horse or in that situation. I love M&B multiplayer to death, but even I can't be arsed with that and would see it as overly complex. Then again, I don't have the time to stand all night next to someone just as freaky as me from the internet and practice swings with this or that weapon in 1 or 1,2 meters distance. I know that happens. I know what you did last 10 summers :grin:
or you open ur eyes read the weapons stats and see that some are a bit faster but do less damage. but i guess that's too hard for you

swadian infantry can choose from:
5 1handed swords
2 bastard weapons (2h but useable with shield)
2 2handed swords
2 awlpikes
2 throwings
4 shields
6 helmets
5 body armours
4 boots
4 gloves

not gonna go trough bannerlord but its less
Theres a lot of difference between all these, they are all gimmicks.
Some of the armor parts have less than 5 armor difference... they are litterly just there so you can fully utilize ur gold count.
They dont add anything at all to the gameplay.

theres a lot of difference between all these, they are all gimmicks
There is actually. Being able to buy a better armour can make you survive an extra hit. Being able to buy a better helmet against good archers perhabs lets you survive a headshot. Swadia is like the worst example for this too. Other factions have more selectable gear and more different types of weapons.

Right. Thank you for making my point. And yes, it's too much for some rounds of casual fun 2-3 evenings a week.
and you don't have to read trough all the perks on bannerlord? Not mentioning the part that it's more of a hassle to look up the different stats of weapons since they arent being displayed below.

Theres a lot of difference between all these, they are all gimmicks.
Some of the armor parts have less than 5 armor difference... they are litterly just there so you can fully utilize ur gold count.
They dont add anything at all to the gameplay.
Just like armor does not add anything to gameplay, right.

short swords were absolute useless
if you pick heavy inf you can survive longer, than light infantry
noone is saying that warbands system was perfect. The default gear couldve been improved alot, some weapons needed balancing etc.
but saying that the bannerlord system offers more options and is easier to understand is just wrong lol

Back
Top Bottom