In Progress Game won't start. Let me see main menu please! [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

When I try to start the game it doesn't even get to the launcher, my cursor changes to the game cursor and then it changes back to default and the application doesn't start. I have already done everything on the suggested fixes post and updated all my drivers, nothing helped.

Edit: I found a workaround for me

- right-click the game in your Steam Library
- click "Properties"
- go to the Local Files Tab
- click browse Local files it will pull up your file explorer.
- Open "bin"
- Open "Win64_Shipping_Client"
- Run The Application "Bannerlord"

For me this fixed it when nothing else would, it runs the game without opening the launcher which is where the issue seems to be occurring at. Hope This Helped!

Last edited:
Bannerlord started crashing for me with the new update. Worked without issues before.

Checked file integrity, removed all mods (I swithced ot Vortex for mod managment, os I though it might be the culprit).
I get the loading screen with the raiding party and then crash.
Win7 (64 bit). NVidiaGForce GTX 1060
I'm in the same situation. I had no problems before.

When I try to start the game it doesn't even get to the launcher, my cursor changes to the game cursor and then it changes back to default and the application doesn't start. I have already done everything on the suggested fixes post and updated all my drivers, nothing helped.

- click "Properties"
- Open "bin"

For me this fixed it when nothing else would, it runs the game without opening the launcher which is where the issue seems to be occurring at. Hope This Helped!

I did this and the game did start and loaded successfully to the main menu. However the entire game was minimized to the smallest box in windowed mode with no option to maximize it, thus making anything I would normally be able to click on impossible to read. I did attempt to try to reset in-game the video settings to maximize it but nothing was legible. I then restarted the game using the same method and now the loading screen doesn't even appear and the game crashes without even a completely white screen.

- click "Properties"
- Open "bin"

I did this and the game did start and loaded successfully to the main menu. However the entire game was minimized to the smallest box in windowed mode with no option to maximize it, thus making anything I would normally be able to click on impossible to read. I did attempt to try to reset in-game the video settings to maximize it but nothing was legible. I then restarted the game using the same method and now the loading screen doesn't even appear and the game crashes without even a completely white screen.

I'm glad the game works for you guys but I'm also very confused.
Starting the game from .exe files was something that most people in this thread tried on day 1.
Your crash is completely something else if simply running the .exe files was the solution.
In the first post you can see the video and screenshot of the crash. You can also find the game log there.
From your description it sounds like you don't have an issue with running the game itself but with running the game launcher.
I'd suggest creating a separate thread about it, as posting about it here will be just confusing for the devs investigating the issue.
This thread would be best used for people having the same issue as shown in the video and preferably with the same error log.

I don't know if it helps but i also have the Multiplayer beta and it didn't never work either. If you guys search it with my username you'll find the information.

For others figuring out where to change Decimal symbol:

Control Panel -> Region -> Additional Settings

C27JyLm.png

Changing it from "," to "." fixed it for me guys.

I repeat, I can finally see the main menu. ?

@MArdA TaleWorlds You might want to add this solution to some Sticky thread or ask the devs to make the game accept either "," or "." as decimal symbol as we use both around the world.

Doesn't work for me either, just tried it and ended up having to force restart my computer as the crash locked everything up.

For others figuring out where to change Decimal symbol:

Control Panel -> Region -> Additional Settings

C27JyLm.png

Changing it from "," to "." fixed it for me guys.

I repeat, I can finally see the main menu. ?

@MArdA TaleWorlds You might want to add this solution to some Sticky thread or ask the devs to make the game accept either "," or "." as decimal symbol as we use both around the world.
@gasznak Did you change your region to UK as well. And if you don’t mind me asking what country are you in?

@gasznak Did you change your region to UK as well. And if you don’t mind me asking what country are you in?

I'm from Poland. I changed everything to English (United States). Windows language, non unicode characters, Steam etc. I also installed Nvidia experience recently as some people were claiming it can help. Today I did that Decimal symbol change and now it works. Might be a sum of all the changes I've done past few days, can't be sure.

@gasznak Thank you, I will double check everything. I wonder with all the region changes if there is a connection to US vs Europe in what is causing the issue I'm just happy to hear the devs are working on it.

Back
Top Bottom