In Progress Game won't start. Let me see main menu please! [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Funny enough this worked for me, also to note that up until yesterday I played and launched the game fine since it released. Just after the last patch i started getting crashes on the loading screen before the main menu. Then I set run steam as admin and it worked fine.. I also tried to delete the CN file before that but that did not work

Thanks though

EDIT:
Well, the issue now is that I can not start a new campaign, that is the next loading screen my game crashes at :smile:
Run as admin didn't work for me.

Hello everyone! After so many tries I found solution at least for me. I had practically the same problem with several games on unreal engine(Mortal shell, mechwarrior 5, griefhelm) I still dont know the cause but found a way to fix it. Problem was in my desktop resolution when it was 1920x1080 black screen and no signal only hard reset but when I changed resolution to 1600x900 games launched inside i could change the settings how i liked and games worked no problems ( I could play on 1920x1080 in game no problem) but only with desktop resolution 1600x900 should i change it back to the black...
With Bannerlord problem was practically the same:
-I changed resolution to 1600x900 then deleted the settings files and started the game it launched no problems
-Then in game i changed mode to fullscreen and set resolution to "desktop resolution"(not 1920x1080 but choice called desktop resolution ) and other settings to my liking
-After that quit game and returned desktop resolution back to 1920x1080 after this game works no problem.
Hope this will work for someone else, and devs try to dig into from this side. Sorry for bad english its not my native
Changing resolution didn't work on my end.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will write down some things for you guys to try. Feedback from you about these trials will help us to fix this asap.
1) If you can not see even the launcher, you can try the following: Go into the 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client' folder and writing 'cmd' to the windows explorer path bar and hitting enter. There should be a command line menu popping up, can you enter the following there and press enter to try launching the game like that:bove Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /anticheat. If the game works, that means the launcher is not working for you for some reasons. We will check it out.
2) If the game is still crashing with the command above, there may be some missing dependency. In order to test it, you can use another exe(Bannerlord.Native.exe) with same procedure as above. If there is a missing dll message box popping up right after the launch, it is a clear indicator that some of the dependencies are not installed by the steam. You can download them through this link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-failing-crashing-at-launch.397007/. After downloading them it should be able to run easily with the exe in the first step.
3) If your game is still not running after the steps above, we would like to get your game log(the one that starts with 'rgl_log_errors') which you can find in the following folder:
"C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs"

Sorry for the late reply. Hoping to fix your issues as soon possible.
Your link to download the missing .dll is no longer working.

Same issue here, ran it and had "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
Did the scan now and it said it repaired errors. Ran steam as admin but it didn't fix anything. Still haven't gotten past the loading screen.

I'm having the same issues in Nov 2022 after the game is officially released. Have never seen the main menu or anything except the launcher. Posted on a dozen threads over the last three days. Time played is at 28 minutes but I haven't played for even 1 second. Tried all the suggested fixes.

I requested my refund a couple days ago and was denied by steam because it was past the 2 week window. I haven't played a single minute of the game but have spent 10 hours trying to get it to actually work by following all the recommended fixes I could find on these forums and elsewhere. Where other players would respond their issue was fixed I haven't gotten past the launcher. My cpu meets the requirements, I've shut off the filters and firewalls, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've verified game files every day for a month, I've deleted strange files from the game that should have been removed if they weren't important and causing players issues, I've quadruple-checked and never had a beta selected.

I wrote all those from memory but there are other fixes attempted that I can't remember. Can the company help me with a refund since steam is going to laugh all the way to the bank?

Back
Top Bottom