SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate behavior
thing is that 4 months are 1 year, so with current skills, you cant really level up anything for long cause the char gets old. 120 days is 1 year.

Do you want to smith ? Need to wait in towns, see how quick that goes.

I rathr have standard time 12 months, then aging is a non-issue.

The game ends before your character hits 35. It IS a non-issue already

-snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
The game ends before your character hits 35. It IS a non-issue already

-snip-

They are balancing the snowballing. If the game ends before 35, then the generational gameplay is pointless. No reason to have aging then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life goes on, get good or go home!

We age, love it
Get good? You can't 'git gud' to stop aging. If aging is merely a boon for your immersion, then we should have permanent injuries and be side-lined for months after being impaled in battle.

I'm sure I'd say the majority because I haven't spoke to many who disagree with it but, wouldn't harm it being an option.

Well, we have some info here. You are correct, there isn't a majority saying they don't like the mechanic, but plenty of people think it should be optional. I personally don't like it, but I'm not going to say people who like it should have to go without.

To be fair the game speed and the speed you age it is just too slow for a dynasty system. They really need to speed things up.
Then they would need to drastically change the way and rate that characters level. I don't ever see me reaching Disciplinarian or progress through crafting if they make the aging even faster.

The thing that i don't like the most is that unfortunately since we have ageing mechanic, and characters are replaced all the time, that means that we will never have Lords/Companions with unique backstories, personal quests, abilites and equipment.

Instead we will get NPC-s generated by template each time that are all the same.
That breaks the immersion most for me, it makes the word look bland, and companions and lords no more interesting than simple soldiers.

Unfortunately, the game will 100% go in this direction, so the only hope is that moders will make the game for people that like living in the world more, than playing Kingdom Management / Total War.

You can have legendary unique lords and companions who can have legendary children with some inherited traits, skills, and equipment. TW is going for the more sandbox game style though, but it requires the AI to be very stagnant, not really grow their clans, and conquer Calridia very slowly so the player can have the freedom of a 200+ hour play through or just play as a merchant for 20 years if he/she desires.

There can be a personal quest to have two unique/legendary companions/lords marry and produce the child of prophesy as well.

Everything you just said is wrong. Intentional troll? Total war is all about unique lords, equipment, playstyles, mechanics, ect. Bannerlord is 90% roaming the map and battling, with little kingdom management. If not at war, there is little to do.

Last edited:
You can have legendary unique lords and companions who can have legendary children with some inherited traits, skills, and equipment. TW is going for the more sandbox game style though, but it requires the AI to be very stagnant, not really grow their clans, and conquer Calridia very slowly so the player can have the freedom of a 200+ hour play through or just play as a merchant for 20 years if he/she desires.

There can be a personal quest to have two unique/legendary companions/lords marry and produce the child of prophesy as well.

Everything you just said is wrong. Intentional troll? Total war is all about unique lords, equipment, playstyles, mechanics, ect. Bannerlord is 90% roaming the map and battling, with little kingdom management. If not at war, there is little to do.
You just described something that doesn't exist in the game, and there is no indication that something like that will ever be implemented (and i'm not going to argue if that is good or not).

I don't think that everything i said is wrong. I'm pretty sure that right now NPC-s are randomly generated based on certain templates, and that is the way they intend to go forward with.

I didn't say that they are trying to make this game same as Total War, i said that they are leaning towards Kingdom Management like in Total War more than world bulding and story driven character building.

Last edited:

Well, we have some info here. You are correct, there isn't a majority saying they don't like the mechanic, but plenty of people think it should be optional. I personally don't like it, but I'm not going to say people who like it should have to go without.

The people who voted for “YES! I don’t like it” also want aging optional. The poll is called: Should players be able to disable the aging?
Currently 64 % of the people who voted are for making aging an option, so the majority of us.

The people who voted for “YES! I don’t like it” also want aging optional. The poll is called: Should players be able to disable the aging?
Currently 64 % of the people who voted are for making aging an option, so the majority of us.
You are correct. In that poll, the majority of voters do think it should be optional. That doesn't necessarily mean the majority dislike the aging mechanic. 'YES! I don't like it' voters definitely do not like it. lol

I voted for the second option. Even though I don't like the aging mechanic, I'm more about giving people options.

You are correct. In that poll, the majority of voters do think it should be optional. That doesn't necessarily mean the majority dislike the aging mechanic. 'YES! I don't like it' voters definitely do not like it. lol

I voted for the second option. Even though I don't like the aging mechanic, I'm more about giving people options.

Yup, I completely agree. Just wanted to point out that even tho some of the voters don't like the feature, both sides want basically the same thing and that is making aging an option. That's practically the reason why they want an option, because they don't like it lol.

Follow instructions:

After enabling the cheat menu, enter this line: campaign.change_main_hero_age, Then add a space and enter what age you want.

Should look like this:

campaign.change_main_hero_age 20

Thank you!

Out of curiosity, did anybody manage to find a way to mod ageless gameplay per files?

Yeah, I want to know they are seeing that not everyone likes these new changes. This game is forcing me to play The Sims if I want to progress through the skill trees.

That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. To let them know, to notice this, to spread this.

I was talking to MArdA from the Community Support and even with one of the Global Moderators. They kindly responded that they don't know anything about this in particular, just their opinion on this matter. But who knows, it's still in early access.

Back
Top Bottom