It has not been 8 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Be that as it may, restarting development of the same project counts as time spent on the project.

I mean, if I was given a task by my boss that was projected to take 3 weeks, at week 2 I realized I needed to redo my research/ground work/basics/etc., and told my boss I will have to restart, that's still my problem.

In other words, it still took Taleworlds eight years to release Bannerlord as an Early Access. No excuse.

Yeah, not sure what people are thinking here. There are many things I like about the game right now, but I think we can all agree to get reality right.

They still spent 8 years developing the game, not our fault they restarted it several times.
Also, ok, new engine, can't blame them, some things dont work, whats inexcusable is the absolute lack of basically any kind of flavor text for anything at all, the game is as barebones as it can be.
its litteraly x times better than any game that has been out as an early access and you have plenty to too, its not all conquest, u can even try role play or whatever and have fun, if u get bored of the game within 24h of play time, maybe you shouldnt play the game atall.

The title of this thread weirdly sounds like someone trying to pull a jedi mind trick on the forums. It HAS been 8 years, no matter how you put it. It doesn't have to be a big deal, and they can have very legitimate reasons why it took 8 years, but it still took 8 years, let's not try to Ministry of Truth this

Tastesslikevictory said:

There is a way to couch btw

OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL I NEED IT!!!!!

OMG these millenials... they are not able to find anything these days while they got the world and its secrets at its feet.

Next time open options go to keyboard settings and have a quick peek at the different commands.... then activate 2 braincells which can calculate 1 + 1

Oh and if you want to know when your needed speed is reached. at the right bottom corner you see a transparant horse and spear icon, which if you press X changes the spear position. when you see this icon you can couch.

Last edited:
The title of this thread weirdly sounds like someone trying to pull a jedi mind trick on the forums. It HAS been 8 years, no matter how you put it. It doesn't have to be a big deal, and they can have very legitimate reasons why it took 8 years, but it still took 8 years, let's not try to Ministry of Truth this

The only jedi mind trick I see in this thread, is them trying to convince me that Duke Nukem Forever was only in development for 1-2 years, before being released in an unpalatable state.

its litteraly x times better than any game that has been out as an early access and you have plenty to too, its not all conquest, u can even try role play or whatever and have fun, if u get bored of the game within 24h of play time, maybe you shouldnt play the game atall.
You can suck Taleworld's knob somewhere else, ive got over 600 hours in warband myself, you can pretend the game is amazing, sure, but it has very big share of problems.

Last edited:
Just to clear up some misconceptions, it has not been 8 years in devolopment. TaleWorlds has restarted multiple times throughout the devolopment phase to build their own engine, and anybody that knows how devolopment works, knows that that is quite an undertaking, especially for such a small studio as theirs.
Also, if your still upset at the state of the game, remember that it is in EARLY ACCESS for a reason, so that bugs can tested and fixed for the full release. If you read the announcement, it’s pretty clear that issues were gonna be present, they have already worked on and currently working on these issues. Regarding the price, no one made you buy it lol, so if your upset that you paid 50 for an unfinished game, thats on you.
I have all my trust in TaleWorlds to make this game as good as it can be, I trusted them with warband, and they delivered. If you have criticism, then by all means state it, but if it’s straight up complaining and whining without stating a reason why and telling us you have refunded the game, your helping no body. We as a gamer community must be better then this.

If this was the full game, then I’d understand all the hate, but it’s not, its ea.
+1

Not trying too, but when people (a lot may I add) try to use the fact that the game should be more complete because of 8 years of game devolopment, I just need to explain why that assumption is more then likely false

Not trying too, but when people (a lot may I add) try to use the fact that the game should be more complete because of 8 years of game devolopment, I just need to explain why that assumption is more then likely false
The real reason is Erdogan, He forbad Taleworlds to work on this project because some of them were Gulen supporters... I was there I still remember the nights sitting around a campfire and sharing Gulen stories then suddenly Erdo's men came riding in on horses fully armored... Drove us away... before i knew it we were waking up somewhere seemingly familiar as Qatar and were working there hard and enslaved...

I had enough of this life so I and a few companions decided to change our fates and broke our slavers neck stole his horses and a few sticks,., we found some rocks nearby and they never seen us again...

Bad side is... we lost 7 years of development time. 1 year in enslavement and we partied the other 3 years. Then I opened a workshop was gone for a few years and the we decided to get back at it... This time not telling Gulen stories around a cosy campfire...

That is as long as my mate Erdo is in power... He has big ears he hears everything.

LOL So true. I can only stab with mine, even at full gallop and using a lance that's marked as couchable. Even my KNIGHTS LANCE can't be couched. /sigh. *Picks up a Bastard Sword*
You need a fast horse. 44 speed or greater I think it is. After that you'll be able to couch, but have to recouch after every strike. Also resets if you're hit

Then others doing everything on their own right? They don't need help for anything.

Yes that is how I play... I never look up youtube or asks others how they do it in games.. RL is different there im constantly asking questions..

However i enjoy in finding my own way and discovering things on my own. Gives me great pleasure and satisfaction... That is why I like EU 4 and Crusader Kings... even after 1000 hours you keep on learning.

You need to train that brainmuscle, otherwise you become sheep

Some guys just couldn't be like you I don't understand why they are so angry about everything.
I think a lot of peole have never bought an Early Access game, and it really shows. Tbh it's in a better state than I expected. The engine works. It's holding up well even on my ****ty laptop with hundreds of men on the battlefield. There's some rescource hogging issues but I'd say that's poor rescource allocation not the engine itself.

All in all I think the fundamentals are pretty good. What comes next is adding content. Which, not being mean here, you can train a monkey to do. They'll have worked out their SOP for building out quest scripts, for weapon models. for relationship interactions by now and you don't need high level coding to build out a bunch of content, you just need some creative people to write up stories etc and a couple of junior guys to crunch the code in.

Back
Top Bottom