Users who are viewing this thread

Wellp, nobody seems to give a **** about single player experience, or continuity of features across the franchise. Also this community is super toxic, and neither moderators or Taleworlds staff seem to give a ****.

Happy I refunded. Have fun kiddos.

Imagine for a second there is a crosshair in the middle of your screen. Wherever you put your shield regardless of which direction you are blocking will block the shot. Learn to move your character and develop proper footwork so that you place your shield in front of their sword, not hoping for them to just HIT it you gotta learn to BLOCK it. You dont message the Devs at activision do you when you cant properly aim your gun and ask for homing bullets do you? Learn how to combat, turn up your sensitivity a bit and pull back your third person camera to make it easier
Imagine for a second that you're so emotionally insecure that you have to try to dictate how other people, who may have a phsyical disability, play a video game. Imagine for a second how much of an enormous douchebag that would make you, that when someone says to you "I have 3 fingers on one hand and athritis in the other and I'd like the auto-block option, as per every other M&B title" your response is "Learn to play" as if you have any authority to gatekeep on TW's behalf.

Calm down, Beavis. It's just a video game forum. Maybe you should try the ignore button. It's like auto block, you'll love it.

Wellp, nobody seems to give a **** about single player experience, or continuity of features across the franchise. Also this community is super toxic, and neither moderators or Taleworlds staff seem to give a ****.

Happy I refunded. Have fun kiddos.

It's pretty surprising how toxic it is, personal insults hurled and left up. Been told I must have low "T-Levels" since I want autoblock, for example, no problem. But bumping a post twice a day asking for an official response? I get warned about it by moderators.

This forum feels VERY old school. Not sure how many of you remember the forums of the late 90's to early 00's, where flame baiting/trolling was the norm. Not a great environment, and I'll probably be called a woman again for saying that.

The lack of Auto-Blocking really annoy me.

It is not that I can't play the game, but each time I go in combat I get absolutely destroyed by the AI.
I can't really use a shield either since most of the time I am blinding myself since I play in first person.
And I like playing in first person, so I don't want to switch to third person, not to mention that it won't help me block.

Movement-based blocking don't help either, since it basically mean that I move in the attack :
Enemy attack from the left? Move left.
Attack from the right? Move into the swinging sword to block it.
Low attack? Get back and don't get the chance to block since you get out of range.
High attack? Get in your opponent's face.

Shield Combat for me isn't fun either since it is just me and the enemy bashing each other's shield until one of us get a lucky hit in.

The only way I managed to defeat the trainers without a shield was because I got them stuck on the invisible wall surrounding the area that I could go through but not them, with the remainder of the combat being me kiting them.

For the life of me I couldn't manually block in Warband, what make you think that I magically can in Bannerlord ?
"Git gud" isn't a valid answer since the game isn't that centered on combat.

In games like Cuphead and Dark Souls, where the whole thing is hard combat and getting good, I would accept an answer like that because it is the whole game.
In this game, combat isn't the whole game, there are a lot more non-combat option that matter.
I am not forced to fight most of the time, but when I am, I lose because even when I get a shield, I get attacked by multiple enemies at the same time, and when I don't have one, I get destroyed in 1-1.

In the same vein, Multiplayer isn't the center of the game, and Singleplayer isn't practice for MP either, that's just stupid.
Most people don't play SP to practice for MP, most people play SP to play SP.

Inappropriate behavior
Git gud noobs.

WtXE1vo.png

I wonder if people complain about a difficult game feature about Dark Souls as well.
I wonder if you lack common human decency in person as well. Asking for an autoblock option in the newest installment of a game series where autoblock has always been the default is in no way comparable to complaining about the difficulty of a game series whose difficulty is a deliberate selling point.

Having missing digits is a treatable condition? Do tell.
No I mean your low testosterone count. Why would missing digits affect your reflexes anyway? You have less fingers to think about. You should be faster than any of us manual block kings.

I played with those options as well, except the death one.
What make you think that those option make you a better player ?
It just mean that you get killed in 2 shot if you can't block and take your sweet-ass time to get somewhere.

Imagine for a second that you're so emotionally insecure that you have to try to dictate how other people, who may have a phsyical disability, play a video game. Imagine for a second how much of an enormous douchebag that would make you, that when someone says to you "I have 3 fingers on one hand and athritis in the other and I'd like the auto-block option, as per every other M&B title" your response is "Learn to play" as if you have any authority to gatekeep on TW's behalf.
you have all these problems you realize they make special controllers for stuff like this right. look up Microsoft and their ambitious controllers for those disabled. perhaps something you should look into buying for yourself so you can learn how to play. Do you play First person shooter games? if so how do you do it with all the commands and everything you need to follow? One hand controls your characters hips and WSAD controllers your feet. . you need to hold up your shield anyway in WARBAND to block you cant move your mouse at the same time? give me a break.

I thought you guys were disabled? It's not your fault if you have a real medical condition. It's treatable, talk to your doctor.
I never said I was disabled. I just don't think that the blocking control system is even vaguely interesting or fun, and basically makes half the weapons in the game next to useless. It's a bad design decision which benefits nobody since those who liked manual blocking were able to do so in previous titles. It just spurns people who didn't. You seem to enjoy that. Probably because you're a spiteful person.

Some people here are disabled and legitimately cannot play without this feature which is equally unfortunate.

Also, you seem to lack empathy. You should probably seek psychiatric help with that.

I wonder if you lack common human decency in person as well. Asking for an autoblock option in the newest installment of a game series where autoblock has always been the default is in no way comparable to complaining about the difficulty of a game series whose difficulty is a deliberate selling point.

I want 5000 starting denari. There are more important things to fix, and I love how you evaluated my personality just by one post.

I never said I was disabled. I just don't think that the blocking control system is even vaguely interesting or fun, and basically makes half the weapons in the game next to useless.

Some people here are disabled and legitimately cannot play without this feature which is equally unfortunate.

Also, you seem to lack empathy. You should probably seek psychiatric help with that.
How cant they? if you are playing a pc game with one hand and using a mouse and keyboard well good luck to that. Less fingers? You realize IN WARBAND you still needed to put the shield up anyway to block right. so how is it they cant move to the right a little or left. You don't technically need to DIRECTIONALLY BLOCK you just PUT YOUR SHIELD IN THE WAY. MOVE YOUR FEET. Pull the third person Camera back in the settings so you can see more of what you are doing. Change the shield block to something else and move around you can remap your buttons

I want 5000 starting denari. There are more important things to fix, and I love how you evaluated my personality just by one post.

Mount & Blade tryhards: Can we have a manual block option?
Mount & Blade casuals: No objections here

Bannerlord casuals: Can we have an auto block option for singleplayer, like the default option for every previous incarnation of M&B?
Bannerlord tryhards: Git gud or get lost

Don't need to be a psychiatrist to know a sociopath when I see one.

How cant they? if you are playing a pc game with one hand and using a mouse and keyboard well good luck to that. Less fingers? You realize IN WARBAND you still needed to put the shield up anyway to block right. so how is it they cant move to the right a little or left. You don't technically need to DIRECTIONALLY BLOCK you just PUT YOUR SHIELD IN THE WAY. MOVE YOUR FEET. Pull the third person Camera back in the settings so you can see more of what you are doing. Change the shield block to something else and move around you can remap your buttons
For the last ****ing time, I have no issues with shield blocking. Using a shield is easymode. It's parrying that has major issues under the new control schema.

Using a shield is also extremely boring since it requires basically no reflexes at all.

For those that keep bringing up Dark Souls... don't bring Dark Souls down to this level. Dark Souls is hard, but it's also fair. It gives you a very challenging enemy to fight, but also tools to fight him with. Parrying in dark souls is precise, but it's also 100% timing based. You can parry an enemy attacking you FROM BEHIND, and it doesn't matter what direction he is swinging his sword. Furthermore, there is roll dodge. I have beaten every boss in every dark souls game... and I never had to totally drop the weapon I had chosen to use it and compromise my play style to do it.

Everyone is telling me "just use a shield". NO. ****ING NO. I don't want to. It's boring. That is the issue here -- entire play styles have been rendered unviable in single player. Liked being a 2-handed axe wielding berserker? Tough ****. Pick up a shield, get on a fast horse, kite the enemy, exploit ****ty AI, blah blah blah.

I bought (and returned) Mount and Blade -- not Hiding Behind a Shield Simulator 2020.

Last edited:
We aren't talking about the blocking button or the shield, we are talking about how the slighted mouse movement change the blocking direction and how some people have poor reflex so they can't block every hit without a shield.

Mount & Blade tryhards: Can we have a manual block option?
Mount & Blade casuals: No objections here

Bannerlord casuals: Can we have an auto block option for singleplayer, like the default option for every previous incarnation of M&B?
Bannerlord tryhards: Git gud or get lost

Don't need to be a psychiatrist to know a sociopath when I see one.

I've not said anything like that. That's not very sensible of you since you go on to the point of insulting others for voicing their opinions. You are toxic, and I'm glad you didn't get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom