What would you like to get done during the first month(game time, not real time) of a single player campaign?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm planning on being Battanian.

1. Start unlocking companions as early as possible and determine the ideal stable party. Start sending companions to build my right of rule.
2. Talk to every lord I pass to determine which ones are honorable. Begin doing quests for the ones that are honorable in order to build future lords of my kingdom.
3. Do as many quests as possible to build stability in the region I plan on playing. Start eliminating crime from the kingdom of Battania.
4. Keep my party small(companions and a few fast moving recruits to hunt bandits). Hunt bandits and select groups for gear, loot, and money.
5. Establish an area in Vlandia to build a relationship with to eventually recruit heavy cavalry. Start doing quests for the town and a village in that region.
6. Establish an area in the Empire to build a relationship with to eventually recruit legionaires. Start doing quests for a town and village in that region.
7. Make a trade map of the regions of Battania and the areas bordering Battania: Vlandia, Sturgia, and the Western and Northern Empires. Make a loop through those regions and record the purchase/sell price of different resources.
8. Start gathering resources in villages and sell them at a profit.
9. Gather as many furs as possible from the villages in the great white north.
10. Collect the necessary resources to build my home base with.
11. Collect as many horses as possible to get all companions mounted.
12. Start meeting ladies that I could possibly marry and begin building a relationship with a couple of them.
13. Begin building my reputation as an honorable lord.

My first month is usually spent in preparation. I try to build a stable companion party, gear up my companion party, bring some stability to my future kingdom, explore the map in the immediate vicinity of my home region, figure out the resource and trade value of the immediate region, get my companion party mounted for faster travel(preparing for a full exploration of the entire map), and start building strategic relationships. I try to set the table for a stable economic base by maximizing my efficiency of travel, resource gathering, and trade.

How about you guys/gals? What do you like to get done at the start of a single player campaign.

Last edited:
I know people want to commit to a faction early on, but I want to just roleplay as a merchant. From the trade routes and hot spots they described, all I want is to roam Calradia and take in the scenery, and the route of a merchant fits that perfectly. Maybe gather a companion or two, a half a dozen guards or whatever mercs I come across, and figure out the best trade routes to begin my profit.

I know people want to commit to a faction early on, but I want to just roleplay as a merchant. From the trade routes and hot spots they described, all I want is to roam Calradia and take in the scenery, and the route of a merchant fits that perfectly. Maybe gather a companion or two, a half a dozen guards or whatever mercs I come across, and figure out the best trade routes to begin my profit.

Yes sir. Me too. I have to figure out the most profitable trade routes early so I can start opening businesses.

Man you guys are strategic. In WB I always just wonder around for a while, taking on quests and looking for good loot, see if I can't make enough money to sustain a small cavalry retinue.

In BL I want to see if the main quest line is still there and if so then follow that for a while, see where it takes me.

My first playthrough? I break into Harlaus’ at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No. I go for the butter; it's priceless. As I'm taking it all, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's fiefdom. She's Felicia. I say no. We make butter all night. In the morning the guards come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Dhirim but I go to Wercheg. I don't trust her. Besides, I love the cold. Thirty years later I get a pigeon post. I have a son. And he's the Lord of Saren and Sarimish. This is where the story gets interesting: I tell Felicia to meet me in Uxkhal by the dyeworks. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Veluca. That's where I stashed the butter.

Last edited:
I would do some quests in western Aserai cities, so when i liberate capture those cities from Aserai occupation rule with my peacekeeper imperial legions, people will like me ?

I don't know about you guys, but i'm not making any complex plan. I'm riding out to some huge ass battle with my men, that's my first plan of action. To get there i'm just gonna wing it, tbh.

I'm going to kill looters of course. I may also check out the marketplaces to see how much it will cost for better armor and weapons. There are supposed to be multiple productive enterprises per town now and I need to know what those cost too. There is so much to explore in Bannerlord I highly doubt I will make any serious progress the first in game month.

My first playthrough? I break into Harlaus’ at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No. I go for the butter; it's priceless. As I'm taking it all, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's fiefdom. She's Felicia. I say no. We make butter all night. In the morning the guards come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Dhirim but I go to Wercheg. I don't trust her. Besides, I love the cold. Thirty years later I get a pigeon post. I have a son. And he's the Lord of Saren and Sarimish. This is where the story gets interesting: I tell Felicia to meet me in Uxkhal by the dyeworks. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Veluca. That's where I stashed the butter.
Gg

I want to test how much you can effect things with money, see if its possible to make a nation stronger without joining them. Etc. So basicly start off trading and see where it goes from there. Or I'll go a completely different route and see how quickly I can get in to some wars and really test out the fun

I'm going to explore every inch of the world, every city, every village, every castle.
I'm going to test and experiment every feature the game has to offer.
I'm not going to play seriously because who knows how long my save will be valid (updates / EA).

I'll probably make up some convoluted get rich quick scheme so that I can get to the mid game as quickly as possible, but when push comes to shove I'll forget it and do something incomprehensibly daft

Try to get a mercenary contact as quickly as possible so I get involved in some big battles! (With my hopelessly ill-equipped low-level character and ****e troops. Oh... actually maybe not...)

I want to go south to the Aserai and join Tournaments to learn the combat and have money to get the Companions. After that I just will do Quests and go with the flow. The Aserai are suposed to have "Mafias" in their Cities so lets see whats that about and make some money trading and exploring the rest of Calradia. Eventually I want to join the Aserai as a Foreigner and get my own clan.

Im going to roam the wasteland killing anything that moves....oops nope, wrong game...I'm going to roam the pretty map killing anything that moves.

Back
Top Bottom