Real Combat Module for 1257

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll check it and update it accordingly then. I'm basing it off a May 2009 version of Native RCM.

And I also never had a problem with Lords and Clothing too  :???:. Maybe because of the new Lamellar strength requirements, but then I assumed all the Lords were strong enough for it. Gotta change it if it's true.

Jean Plassy said:
I'll check it and update it accordingly then. I'm basing it off a May 2009 version of Native RCM.

And I also never had a problem with Lords and Clothing too  :???:. Maybe because of the new Lamellar strength requirements, but then I assumed all the Lords were strong enough for it. Gotta change it if it's true.

Oh, the clothing problem is in Shik's newest Native RCM version. Apart from that mishap, Shik's version of Native RCM functions pretty well. I never saw any clothing problems in your RCM so I think yours works fine.

Here are some of the base costs I've elaborated for the next version. They are all roughly based on this post sourced to actual Medieval records, with emphasis on game balance and relatively high expense for top grade equipments... You'll now have to fight with your bare hands to get it and to actually maintain it!

Abundant        Abundant            Recurring                Recurring                    Rare
Byrnie: 5000D - Mail Shirt: 9000D - Mail Hauberk: 10.000D - Surcoat over Mail: 18.000D - Plated Surcoat over Mail: 30.000D

Sumpter Horse: 120D - Saddle Horse: 500D - Steppe Poney: 300D -  Hunter: 15.000D - Warhorse: 35.000D

Short Swords: 350D - Nordic Swords: 1.000D - Arming Swords: 2.000D, "Swords": 2.000D

Shortened Spear: 125D - Spear: 175D - War Spear: 250D - Pike: 300D

Short Bow: 50D - Nomad Bow: 200D - Longbow: 300D

Templates

Swadian Infantry - Spear 175D, Heater Shield 500D, Padded Cloth 300D, Leather Boots 125D, Kettle Hat 200D, Hatchet 50D; TOTAL: 850D
Levy Spearman - Spear 175D, Old Heater Shield 200D; TOTAL: 375D
Knight - Lance 250D, Knightly Heater Shield 1200D, Arming Sword: 2000D, Hunter: 15.000D, Surcoat over Mail: 18.000D, Great Helmet: 10.000D, Mail Mittens: 6.000D, Mail Boots: 9.000D; TOTAL: 61.450D

In-game this actually means you'll be able to outfit roughly 60 Swadian Infantry or 180 "Levy Spearmen" for each Knight you get, including yourself if your equipment is good.

I'm also planning on a complete revamop of troop costs and wages. Actual initial stipend for "hiring" guys won't be significant, but you'll see that keeping elite troops will now weigh much more into your pocket... In particular I'll try to end the situation where players are able to field very large numbers of Knights. They'll get their stats boosted and now will be a truly "Elite" unit, but their monthly wage will also be radically increased to represent the actual costs and prestige of such an unit... So the player will be forced to field a balanced force of affordable line troops, with a small core of real elites and heroes.

I'll also significantly increase the number of troops you can command based on skill, so you won't actually be the underdog because of some artificial capping. You'll still need a degree of Leadership and all, but having money will be the ultimate measure of how many you can field.

Sounds like a great plan. This is something I love about some other mods, where elite units are truly that, and I think it fits in nicely with the vision of 1257. I've applied RCM to some other mods, using this as a template, and I usually wind up tweaking item costs and weights as well as troop equipment so everything stays balanced.

The only problem I foresee is if the AI lords are bound by the same restrictions in terms of elites. I know that castle/town garrisons aren't (or I think they aren't) and so could potentially accumulate gross amounts of higher level troops. I don't actually know enough about how AI troop caps are governed, so I could be totally off here.

You'll also need to work on the bows a little. I noticed that a hunting bow has 10c but the longbow has 8c.

Otherwise like it, except that the horse do feel too fast and lancing without couching is very hard now. However, I can live with that!

Hello Latinikon (and fans :wink:),

It's still on the works! First I had tests, which consumed my attention a lot, but now I expect to be back at it.

To be frank I spent much time playing Warband that could instead have been spent improving this mod. It's just that it has appeal in the MP, even though my ping sucks, but the vanilla combat system sucks soo much harder that I always come back to good old RCM  :mrgreen:. I wonder if one day we could setup a special Warband RCM server where Great Axes would not have the speed of Fighting Picks; perhaps after the game goes gold  :neutral:.

Jean! nice to hear from you!

Yes, vanilla combat setup sucks big time, im so used to RCM sytem that now its impossible for me to play anything else! RCM RCM RCM...
and those hitboxes... in 1257 i just love to couch enemy horsemen but in Warband, man I suck. bah, I just hope they improve it over time, its very frustrating now, ver much frustrating..

but, playing as infantry is good. hell good, its awesome!

Uf, sorry wrong thread to ***** about Warband flaws...
So, have you worked on some new stuff?

Back
Top Bottom