Missing shaders fix/Feron retexture (Download to improve graphics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Deon

Sergeant
Download this and unpack in Chronicles of Talera 3.0 module folder.
http://depositfiles.com/files/yi2fk8q6v

Hey guys! Great mod you've made, however all items in your .brf files miss correct shaders (i.e. "iron_shader" for iron weapons, specular 160, R1000,G1000,B1000 and checksum 1824; look at any "native" armor)  thus they look weird and dynamical lightning is not working. I plan to fix it in a single file so you look and also I've updated Feron textures, use them if you want.

This is how a material for an armor should look like:
es896o.jpg

For non-shiny items like clubs or leather the shader should be "specular_shader" instead of "iron_shader".

I've fixed most files, the link is in the end of the post.

Screenshots to compare my orc skin improvement and a shaded vs unshaded javelin:
Before:
2pyuh6p.png

After:
znwxs6.png

Example of my variant of one of the chief's facepaint:
hx2fkk.png

And another example showing the new texture and the axe I forgot to shade :grin: (however I've reuploaded a fixed archive after I took this screenshot):
5e5zpz.png

Download this and unpack in Chronicles of Talera 3.0 module folder.
http://depositfiles.com/files/yi2fk8q6v

P.S. Is Abomination and Spirit armor supposed to have no texture at all?

Doublepost in case someone had already downloaded it: I've reuploaded the version with a shaded axe.

Also I accept requests on textures and models. I won't be able to do models in a few days/weeks, but textures are faster to make and I can do them now.

what the... why does the feron texture (without tweaking) looks so funky on your comp.... On mine they looked a bit tad different.... U can make requested item aye? Actually i would have something better than requested item. Currently we're lacking any working modeller/texturer (me being not so good and tied up by uni, damn geology!!, and the other going MIA on me :cry:)

So if u voluntarily wanna contribute to this mod, and not by request (since i dunno what to request in the first place than faction gear), go to the modelling thread, post something there, and i'll make sure u contribute to this mod  :mrgreen:

Great work on the things u done there

They look THAT funky because:
1) They use wrong shaders as I told.
2) I play on DirectX 7 settings which turn wrong-shaded models into THIS, DX 9 gives better result, but right shader gives good results for both DX settings.

I study at UNI too, but I can ignore my important studies from time to time and go modelling :smile:. I've posted a few models for a warhammer, they can be retextured/whatever:
8xr680.png

143jkas.png

23t5fz6.png

2vchsnq.png

2ed6u6x.png

2aep7a1.png

288tjqf.png

ruusci.png

If you don't need anything specific, it's fine. I mean, I don't want to waste my time "on something else for MOAR", I already waste my time playing this wonderful mod :smile:. But if you need something specific, just ask.

There's a single unshaded feron axe still, I couldn't track it yet, but  I think it's not a big issue.

Woah, amazing models, and I too have that issue with the Feron. I play with Dx7 because of my slower computer & the intense lag I get from playing in forested areas, and the Feron look shockingly bright. I can't believe I didn't think of running the new models through BRFedit, but thanks a lot!

Also, the abomination is not meant to have a texture - it was left black on purpose.

I've just seen that "abomination", and I see why it's black. However some details like glowing symbols or eyelids would be cool. If it's UVwrapped as normal armor/helm, I can come up with a black texture with small details for it.

Now that u thought of it, I need a one handed sword with an ancient angelic theme. Make it about the length of 1.16 on the z axis. U may make it as extravagant (but not excessive) as possible, Optimally with a decent poly count but u may go up to a 1.3mb .dds texture file if u wish. According to kardio, that will be one of the highest illorian reward (Unique sword). So U can make it as nice as possible.

your texturing looks beautiful... but i got a thing or two that might help u...

In ur goblin head, your 'liney' texture, which i presume is ur final overlaying, would look better as a dissolve with a moderate opacity to give it an irregular feeling... like how our skin look like... well unless u were trying to make reptilian skin.  :grin:

In pic 4, almost the same issue, the rough metal texture is too 'rough'. the way it looks now, it looks like it's made of corals, the rough texture looks fine but it looks too opaque, like the whole metal was sand-casted.  :mrgreen:

the rest of your texture looks fantastic. I'm really wondering what your using to texture...

Off topic - Yup, but in geology, most of your time is spent outside the class studying rocks.

Thanks, I see a good critic here, you couldn't miss those points, right? :smile:

Let me explain:
1) Goblin head was my first try to model a head of a character, it was unfinished because someone else did a goblin for Warhammer already, I just didn't notice it, and his skin was a placeholder googled in 5 sec., so I totally agree with you that it sucks.
2) On pic 4 the texture is a crop from a 512xwhatever video of LOTR, so again, it was just a placeholder to demonstrate the model to Last Days community, however some of them went pm-mad on me with words like "wtf movie screenshots COPYRIGHT etc", so I just withdrew.

Now I've bought a photoshop (those textures you see were done in paint.net) so I have more possibilities.
Like this (for Civilization 4 game Fallout mod, these models look tiny in the actual game so they could have 4 grey walls and a black roof as well, I just wanted them to look good in civilopedia where you see the large version):
butchery_HOl.png

bathhouse_pac_F56.png

bar_fallout_7gS.png

And I often work in summer (when free from uni) in geological expedition groups in extreme north of Russia (a lot of good money) so I know something about geology and it's methods :smile:. Some of my friends work in St.Petersburg Geological Institute.

You sound very senior. That's the difference there. I'm 17 years old. In the first year of the Geophysic degree course. So yep, new guy, more things to learn and work on.

The place i live in, tropical. Hence no summer holidays. North of Russia? Is that the areas of Siberia?

On topic- Did u made those textures for the fallout props?

2 - movie screenshot aye? that reminds me that most metal props for movie are sand-casted (if not specially made for props with more screen time)

3 - I'm not that good actually. I'm a novice at most at both modelling and texturing.

4 - You wanna do the request I made? :grin:

No, it's not Siberia. Siberia is the east of Russia, I leave in the west, near finland. There're islands in the northern ocean and I was working on some of them and on the mainland.

These buildings are modelled and textured by me, wal texture is made out of a photo of old metal plates which I use in the garden in mu summerhouse to hide bricks from rain :smile:.

1) I am 23, and I started to work in exploration groups when I was 18.
2) The main problem was bar resolution of the video :smile:.
3) practice practice practice... Did I say practice? :smile:
4) Look in the modelling thread, I am working on it and I promise < 400 polycount :smile:.

Hey, nice. I remember your "Russia with Love" of all things, actually. Your models look fantastic, by the way.

Cool, I was in geophysics in northern Canada right before the Bre-X scandal.  I loved the work, but all the investors got scared of exploration penny stocks and moved to the much safer dot com companies (ha ha, the fools).  The complete lack of work scared me away and I never bothered trying to get my degree.

On topic- um... I got the mod tutorial etc, but right now am sorta intimidated by it.  I start perusing it, then decide to go take one more castle instead.  One day I'll master it but for now I'll stick to the easy stuff- I was thinking of changing the companion's dialogue to make it fit Talera.  I'll send it for approval when I'm done- right after I take one more castle...

Lord Bryggan said:
Cool, I was in geophysics in northern Canada right before the Bre-X scandal.  I loved the work, but all the investors got scared of exploration penny stocks and moved to the much safer dot com companies (ha ha, the fools).  The complete lack of work scared me away and I never bothered trying to get my degree.

On topic- um... I got the mod tutorial etc, but right now am sorta intimidated by it.  I start perusing it, then decide to go take one more castle instead.  One day I'll master it but for now I'll stick to the easy stuff- I was thinking of changing the companion's dialogue to make it fit Talera.  I'll send it for approval when I'm done- right after I take one more castle...

That would be so nice of you to be making dialogues for them. As far as i know, they lack the random trigger dialogues and the companion interaction dialogues. Guess everyone's gonna hate the undead guy.

U were in Geophysics too... no way!! U should had finished your degree and moved to the southern hemisphere (of the world, not the american continent)
I'm sure there was a lot of job opportunities there.
Damn you fate. You just denied me a tutor!! *shakes fist*

Everyone in geo go to Russia :smile:. We worked in Africa and in far east. Nice money, my temporary jobs supply me with enough money to study all the remaining year without a need to work, and my friend who is "really into it" (almost docent already) is a head of a group and earns enough to buy a flat soon (it's a big problem in Russia now, prices on apartment skyrocketed to the space a few years ago).

OK, let's continue this topic with this nice offtopic, I like it :smile:.
On topic: I want to make a "spider helmet and armor" for a "spiderkin" female organization, which dwell in some gloomy location (maybe some unbeatable location/dungeon for atmosphere? Like "all you see are the ruins covered in the web, and you hear strange sounds" when you enter there (we need someone more poetic to fill this line). They are supposed to continue their life by draining their victims dry and sharing 1/2 of that blood with their "Great Mother" (supposed to be semi-godlike huge spider deep in the earth) and using remaining blood in a macabre ritual.

Is it allowed for M&B to limit a troop to a single skin? I'd like these to be "blue skinned" like undead, I mean all of them. I will finish the armor when I have a time, but in my head it looks good :smile:.
2l8e0kg.png

Geez... I seem to be studying the right subject at the wrong part of the world.  :mrgreen:

My goodness. Ur temporary job covered your tuitions. That's gotta be nice.

On topic : The coding goes to either elen or kardio to answer you with that. As for the skins... U could juz UVmap it to an existing texture and ask the brf editor to load that texture i guess... As for limits, It's one texture sheet for all the mesh. M&B can't multitexture.

Offtopic: not only mine tuitions, but my wife's too and they brought a few nice toys to my son :smile:.

I was asking about in-game skins. There're a few "racial" skins in M&B and you use one of them for "undead", i.e. Dread Sovereign is pale. I was asking is it possible to set the troop which uses randomly generated faces to use only one skin for the face (the "pale" one). Also as far as I remember there should be face codes for troops somewhere.

yup... i think i saw mods doing that before.. should consult kardio or elen though. I know nothing about python.

Off topic : Wow! that's extremely nice... gotta go one working expeditions when i go to Aus then

Yeh, geologists can make a killing working for oil companies, IIRC. Seems like the business to go into. For me though, Legal Officer in the Canadian Forces is a good enough goal for me :razz:.

Again, responded in the other thread, but that model is looking fantastic. I'd be all for including them in the game since we have such high quality models for them. I'd keep their numbers per party low, to keep up the framerates on older computers.

I've managed to re-rig legs to look more 'insect-like' and to bend properly.

2qakajl.jpg

Now, to a spider head and spider legs (for boots) :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom